Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    He put his live on the line for America. He has done more for your country than president Bonespurs and many others who would see him gone.
    The best thing he could have done for America is not tax our over worked justice system. Fuck him, I am happy we are upholding the LAW! (:

10+ Year Old Account
    He put his live on the line for America. He has done more for your country than president Bonespurs and many others who would see him gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you served?
    Military? nah, ineligible. Volunteered for social works to help the disadvantged in my comunity? lots.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Even Juarez isn't nearly as bad as the media or public stigma makes it out to be, I eat lunch there several times a week.
    LoL where in Juarez do you go eat? I'm sure behind the federal protection line...

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't 'automatically' get citizenship. They still have to test out for it, wait in the forever long line to get processed, and jump through all the hoops that everyone else does, they just have that Military Service rider that gives them a small bit of favor in expediting the process.
    As I said I don't want to diminish the fact someone has served, but yeah I agree with this premise, it should be a consideration since someone willingly made that investment, however I would feel the same as if someone came to this country to fill the shortage we have for Nurses, Doctors or Engineers.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    that aplies to citizens. As an immigrant, one of the additional conditions to stay is to behave. minor shit I dont give a crap about, but drug charges are major, and I rather not have that kind of person when we already have citizens with that problem without adding more.
    Ok then grant his request to die?

Quote Originally Posted by dess View Post
    LoL where in Juarez do you go eat? I'm sure behind the federal protection line...
    Epoca, Rocco or Los Arcos.

"federal protection line", you mean El Paso? lol

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    As I said I don't want to diminish the fact someone has served, but yeah I agree with this premise, it should be a consideration since someone willingly made that investment, however I would feel the same as if someone came to this country to fill the shortage we have for Nurses, Doctors or Engineers.
    I'm a vet as well, and I'm more interested in the nature of his discharge than anything else.

Drug Infraction could be anything from popping hot on a urinalysis to on base trafficking.
    Last edited by Mercane; 2018-02-02 at 04:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Ok then grant his request to die?
    he can off himself if he wishes, but its not for the government to do unless he committed a capital crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drugs are a public health issue, not a criminal one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    The best thing he could have done for America is not tax our over worked justice system. Fuck him, I am happy we are upholding the LAW! (:
    The man defended your freedom. Fought your nations enemies. Was injured in the process. Your ungratefulness towards veterans is despicable.

Military? nah, ineligible. Volunteered for social works to help the disadvantged in my comunity? lots.
    Lol, and you dare attack this man. He actually earned his stay in America. You haven't.

10+ Year Old Account
    The man defended your freedom. Fought your nations enemies. Was injured in the process. Your ungratefulness towards veterans is despicable.

Lol, and you dare attack this man. He actually earned his stay in America. You haven't.
    Don't really care. Freedom of speech, yo.

not to mention there are many ways to serve that arent military related. But you dont really care unless it fits your narrative. if this guy hadnt served and had ben say, an anti gang organizer who did the same thing, you'd complain about that too.

Don't care, he was a criminal. If your mother who took care of you committed a crime, should her actions go unpunished because she did something good?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Drugs are a public health issue, not a criminal one.
    As a user, I agree. But as a pusher/dealer of cocaine or worse? It is a horrible crime.

That doesn't mean the rule of law should be suspended in his case. Especially when he was actually delivering cocaine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    He’s a convicted drug dealer. Fuck him.

How many read the article? How many know he was discharged from the army for drugs? How many know he pled to a lesser charge for transporting cocaine. This isn’t a good person. He violated the terms of his green card and should be sent home. There are no shit hole countries, so whether or not he’s in the US or Syria, it doesn’t matter.
    Probably get paid better soldiering for a drug cartel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a vet as well, and I'm more interested in the nature of his discharge than anything else.

Drug Infraction could be anything from popping hot on a urinalysis to on base trafficking.
    I agree citizen or not if he broke the law he should pay the fine for the courts time and resources like everyone else and be given an opportunity to correct his behavior, I mean at one point pot was illegal everywhere, now it isn't.

Who knows what the attitudes might be 10 or 20 years down the road, and growing up myself poor as hell, I recognize not just those bad people do this, or those bad people do that, I mean short of murder and what not.

Certainly there is the moral of it all, and to that I understand condemning the guy, but really that has nothing to do with the law, which to me, if it's just selling drugs, fine, then punish him I guess, but deportation seems over the top. But his military service, I don't see that as being anymore or less than a side factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    Yep, and even if I hadn't, if you have multiple drug convictions, especially as a non-citizen, adios.
    If you actually had you would't talk like that about a fellow veteran.

I agree citizen or not if he broke the law he should pay the fine for the courts time and resources like everyone else and be given an opportunity to correct his behavior, I mean at one point pot was illegal everywhere, now it isn't.

Who knows what the attitudes might be 10 or 20 years down the road, and growing up myself poor as hell, I recognize not just those bad people do this, or those bad people do that, I mean short of murder and what not.

Certainly there is the moral of it all, and to that I understand condemning the guy, but really that has nothing to do with the law, which to me, if it's just selling drugs, fine, then punish him I guess, but deportation seems over the top. But his military service, I don't see that as being anymore or less than a side factor.
    I think his military service should play a role in the consideration of whether or not to deport him- I'm curious about his history. Did this behavior start before or after his deployments; it seems disingenous to send someone into the mental hellscape that is Afghanistan only to bring them back slightly less than hole in a military situation that doesn't really treat mental health issues as something other than public crucifixion (admitting you have an issue can cause you to lose your MOS, Security Clearance, etc) and resorting to the only thing he knows how to cope or maybe he got some of that deployment money, lost his sense and got deep into debt?

There's factors at play here, did his leadership fail him? is this a pattern of misconduct? I imagine these themes will be misconstrued by civilians, but I'm genuinely curious as to if this behavior started after combat time or not.

What's the point of sentencing someone to prison, then releasing them if we're not going to recognize doing the time as paying for the crime? Man messed up, went to jail, atoned for his misdoings- but all of a sudden that's not enough? Article seems a little shit-stirry to me, and there's just not enough facts to support an educated judgment.

Don't really care. Freedom of speech, yo.

not to mention there are many ways to serve that arent military related. But you dont really care unless it fits your narrative. if this guy hadnt served and had ben say, an anti gang organizer who did the same thing, you'd complain about that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    That doesn't mean the rule of law should be suspended in his case. Especially when he was actually delivering cocaine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    Don't care, he was a criminal. If your mother who took care of you committed a crime, should her actions go unpunished because she did something good?
    Lol, ungrateful wretchedness. None of you deserve the freedoms you enjoy. It is men like him who put their lives on the line. He is the reason you can say your callous words and not be bombed to shit by terrorists.

He served his time for his crime. To deport him is to spit on his sacrifice. I'd rather see people like you, who have given nothing to America, gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    As a user, I agree. But as a pusher/dealer of cocaine or worse? It is a horrible crime.
    We see things differently then, where as you see pushers as the culprit and I might agree, my guess is that you would have a very different view if say it were just about anything else, especially things that used to be illegal but now aren't.

They called them SIN laws, people that drank, COME ON GP, you gave me that bourbon, you knew what it would do to me, You know I could have gotten addicted, then drove my car into McDonalds at 3am Looking for Chicken Nuggets!

So where on this I might agree with you very much depends.

If it's all predicated on the fact drug dealers play on people's weaknesses well then alright GP! Then maybe we do agree on some moral precepts because yes, YES I do think that is a particularly scummy thing to do.

Now the question is when and where do you apply that, because if we are just talking about the LAW, that isn't a very good tool for dealing with that.

The law is only there to mitigate harm, and exercise in justice balance the scales and all that.

He served his time for his crime. To deport him is to spit on his sacrifice. I'd rather see people like you, who have given nothing to America, gone.
    You can't deport me from a country that I don't live in.

- - - Updated - - -

Just think about how ludicrous your position is. You want the law to not apply to this guy because he happened to serve in the military like millions of other people.