Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I don’t think people should be able to fight and die for a country and not be counted at citizens because they didn’t dot there i’s no matter how simple it is.
    Well life isn't always easy and fair, I'm sorry to tell you. Your action and inactions have consequences unfortunately.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    He might have that but that doesn't excuse him from dealing large quantities of cocaine.
    I don’t think it should excuse him but he servied his time in jail for that, he should have how ever been made a citizen for serving his country and coming back damanged rather he filled out the paper work or not, if you ask me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Well life isn't always easy and fair, I'm sorry to tell you. Your action and inactions have consequences unfortunately.
    Your right life isn’t fair but you would think a country that blusters so much about there serving men would be fair to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l....co/xheimPemlO

“Miguel Perez Jr., 39, a Chicago resident who served two tours of duty in Afghanistan and recently finished a prison term on a drug conviction, had sought to remain in the U.S., arguing his life would be in danger if he were deported to Mexico, where drug cartels target veterans with combat experience to work on their behalf, or else.”
    underlined = filth

He deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    If you're a veteran and you think a drug-running illegal reflects well on veterans, I don't know what to say. But, you're also the "veteran" that supports Antifa, lol. The light bulb obviously doesn't shine too bright in your head anyway.
    I am noticing that Elba might be lying. To them everyone who disagrees with their violent message is a Nazi apparently

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Squeezed by either hardship or his own greed into deeper waters... If they caught him trafficking drugs red-handed he's sol despite being a vet. Abuse of dual-citizenry.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l....co/xheimPemlO

“Miguel Perez Jr., 39, a Chicago resident who served two tours of duty in Afghanistan and recently finished a prison term on a drug conviction, had sought to remain in the U.S., arguing his life would be in danger if he were deported to Mexico, where drug cartels target veterans with combat experience to work on their behalf, or else.”

“Perez said he believes deportation means certain death and the only thing left to do is commence an “extreme fast” until he is granted relief.”

”"If it comes down to me being deported, I would rather leave this world in the country I gave my heart for,” Perez said in an interview from the detention center where he has been in custody for the last year.”

The man would rather die than be deported. This is Trumps small government at work and his so called support for the people of the US. It’s fucking sickening. So now they’re gonna deprive 2 children of their father who’s served the country and send him to his death.
    OP... I know you started this post with the sole intention to try and bash Trump but in this case Trump wins. Want to serve? fine... just don't commit crimes while doing so or else you are out. Take your feelings factor down to 1 and your facts up to 10 and you will win here. Be smart please

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Your right life isn’t fair but you would think a country that blusters so much about there serving men would be fair to them.
    It does treat them fair if they treat themselves fairly

Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    I was always under the assumption that service guaranteed/expedited a path to citizenship. The false promises that recruiters provide are already stacked so high. Why break this one?
    your assumption is hardly a false promise. really all it tells us is how misinformed you are.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    your assumption is hardly a false promise. really all it tells us is how misinformed you are.
    Struck a nerve did I? I guess I'll use this to defend my assumption. Next time think before you blatantly project your insecurities onto a random MMO-C post.

https://citizenpath.com/expedited-ci...itary-service/

Expedited Citizenship Through Military Service. For their sacrifices, U.S. military service members do enjoy some benefits when it comes to naturalization. While most naturalization applicants need five years as a permanent resident, military personnel can obtain U.S. citizenship much more quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    He served in the military. He served his time for his drug charge, why is he being further punished?
    Being sent home is not a punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    Struck a nerve did I? I guess I'll use this to defend my assumption. Next time think before you blatantly project your insecurities onto a random MMO-C post.

https://citizenpath.com/expedited-ci...itary-service/
    lmao was that suppose to be some kind of evidence? holy shit you are fucking, well i cant finish cause this site will not allow me.

and yes you hit a nerve, the nerve that gets agitated every time i see somebody write something fucking stupid.

YES YOU CAN APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP WITHOUT WAITING THE FULL 5 YEARS.

IS NOT A FUCKING PROMISE TO CITIZENSHIP. DO YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND YET? DO I NEED MORE CAPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Being sent home is not a punishment.
    home is not where you were originally born, don't be silly.

My heart truly aches for this convicted drugdealer/mule.

Well I learned something when it comes to military eligibility (which is odd apparently). On one hand, he has a diagnoses of PTSD as a defense and excuse. On the other hand, I have no problem deporting those committing crimes outside of immigration.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    I thought you get citizenship automatically for serving.
    Yeah, I thought so as well.

Nope, its a good way to help you qualify, but its not automatic. You still have to apply, but you are processed via a different waiting list than the millions of other people who apply. https://www.uscis.gov/news/fact-shee...ice-fact-sheet

The fact that he's a veteran has no bearing on this case. Yes he served, but then went to prison for a drug conviction. One of the requirements for anyone who applies for citizenship is they can not break the law before, during or after their application process. Even after someone is naturalized as a citizen, that citizenship can still be revoked if it turns out you lied during the application process. Especially if you lied about breaking the law. Not saying this guy lied, he wasn't a citizen anyways. Just pointing out that citizenship via naturalization can be revoked.

This guy wasn't busted for a joint either. He got busted for cocaine possession and trafficking. He would have gone to prison for much longer, but was able to plead it down to a punishment for less than 100 grams. Though, again, he had a lot more on him. Having been through the criminal justice system myself, I also know for a fact that the judge would have explained to him before accepting the plea that acceptance of the plea, and the guilty adjudication that comes with it, would impact any current or future immigration proceedings and things like future employment and even applying for student loans. I was given such a speech and heard the same thing repeated to dozens of others. Watch any video of a court proceeding where someone is pleading guilty and you'll hear the judge say all those things.

He tries to make the excuse that his superiors in the military never actively helped him seek citizenship and made the false assumption on his own, like you did, that serving made him a citizen. But ignorance of the law is never an excuse. If he really wanted to become a citizen, he had countless tools at his disposal to actually make that happen. But just like many of the "poor me" criminals ICE is rounding up, he never bothered and now he wants special treatment because he didn't bother to try and become a citizen before he became a felon.

Being a veteran isn't a free pass to break the law. The fact that he's using the his veteran status as an excuse to be allowed to stay is disgusting. Any service to the country was erased when started trafficking cocaine.
    Cooler Master H500P Mesh | i7 8700K@5GHz | CLC 280 | Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR4@3000MHz | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 | Samsung EVO 960 500GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | WD Black 3TB | AOC G2460PF 144Hz

you cant just fucking sit there, its papework you have to fill out and follow through. but if you go through with your thumb up your ass then fuck all happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do I get the feeling this article is biased in his favor? They gloss over the fact that this guy was running drugs. This is why a cartel would want him. Not only for his combat experience. Something does not seem right.

Fuck your country and its people.

“Oh but he just FINISHED a prison sentence having to do with the drug war that my country ignited”

Once again,

FUCK
    YOUR
    COUNTRY

Anyone else get the implication that he already has some sort of relation to said cartels?