Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ...
    So one of the issues people have with the inclusion of Tinkers as a class is how they would fit into the grand story of their intro expansion. DK's had arthas as the villian, Monks had Pandaria, DH's had the Legion. Now how can Tinkers be introduced outside of a goblin and gnome centric expansion. Well I think I figured it out.

Now the Dragon Isles were name dropped for the first time in cannon lore during BFA by one of Wrathion's goons who stated Wrathion has been searching for them but other dragons have not come clear with any info.

So what if the they are hidden via titan technology similar to Uldum before the Cataclysm?

Well after 8.3 Wrathion has made himself new a friend in the form of MOTHER and acquired multiple dragon essences used to empower the HoA, similar to the dragon soul.

So what if... Wrathion decides to visit Undermine (which will serve as 10.0's main hub), which has yet to be added to WoW, gather the world's best Tinkers under one roof and combine their tech with MOTER's titan tech, and wrathion's draconic essence to locate where the titans hid the dragon isles and create a means of transport.

With successfully helping Wrathion locate the dragon isles he funds the Tinker's Union and they're able to spread their influence even more across azeroth, giving birth to the next playable class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    So one of the issues people have with the inclusion of Tinkers as a class is how they would fit into the grand story of their intro expansion. DK's had arthas as the villian, Monks had Pandaria, DH's had the Legion. Now how can Tinkers be introduced outside of a goblin and gnome centric expansion. Well I think I figured it out.

Now the Dragon Isles were name dropped for the first time in cannon lore during BFA by one of Wrathion's goons who stated Wrathion has been searching for them but other dragons have not come clear with any info.

So what if the they are hidden via titan technology similar to Uldum before the Cataclysm?

Well after 8.3 Wrathion has made himself new a friend in the form of MOTHER and acquired multiple dragon essences used to empower the HoA, similar to the dragon soul.

So what if... Wrathion decides to visit Undermine (which will serve as 10.0's main hub), which has yet to be added to WoW, gather the world's best Tinkers under one roof and combine their tech with MOTER's titan tech, and wrathion's draconic essence to locate where the titans hid the dragon isles and create a means of transport.

With successfully helping Wrathion locate the dragon isles he funds the Tinker's Union and they're able to spread their influence even more across azeroth, giving birth to the next playable class.
    I'd be fine with that. Maybe toss Gallywix in as a antagonist who is attempting to get to the isles before the Horde and the Alliance to take the power for himself? Has a nice old school vibe to it. I would also toss in expanded Gadgetzhan and a restored Gnomeregan as secondary hubs/quest zones.

Another expansion idea was involving Yrel's invasion with the Lightbound. Since the Lightbound army utilizes Warframes (as evidenced by Exarch Orelis) and is a high tech army, I could envision a class utilizing Goblin/Gnome/Titan/Legion/Nightborne/Lightforged tech being used in response.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-05-24 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    I think this works, but IMO feels like the Tinker is just some means to an end. They come off feeling like a macguffin for someone else's big story moment, and I'm not sure I'd be too thrilled seeing Tinkers being added merely as glorified Tech Support for Wrathion's plans.

They sorta added the Monks in a similar way, and I think it was a lackluster way to introduce a new class. As flawed as Demon Hunters are, they were introduced very well with a very strong idea of what role they play in the narrative. I think Tinkers need to have a stronger role than this.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I think this works, but IMO feels like the Tinker is just some means to an end. They come off feeling like a macguffin for someone else's big story moment, and I'm not sure I'd be too thrilled seeing Tinkers being added merely as glorified Tech Support for Wrathion's plans.

They sorta added the Monks in a similar way, and I think it was a lackluster way to introduce a new class. As flawed as Demon Hunters are, they were introduced very well with a very strong idea of what role they play in the narrative. I think Tinkers need to have a stronger role than this.
    I agree that they were introduced very well, but sadly nothing that comes after has anything to do with demon hunters really. The Legion is done. They need to sell beer now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I agree that they were introduced very well, but sadly nothing that comes after has anything to do with demon hunters really. The Legion is done. They need to sell beer now.
    I mean, that's fine though since they served their purpose. They got a good chunk of fans invested in Legion, in the new class and the expansion was pretty well regarded overall.

If they make any new class, it should be put on the biggest pedestal to get fans hyped to resub to the game. It's a rare enough occasion that it should reinvigorate people's interest and put the spotlight back on WoW. Whatever comes after is all up to however they want to market the next big feature or story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post

That would make sense because a Tinker-style class would be a base class, not a hero class like Demon Hunters or Death Knights. Considering that the utilization of mechas are a mainstay in Goblin and Gnome culture, that would make sense. This is not a class that emerges from some event like the return of the Burning Legion or LK Arthas, but simply a class that was always around lorewise. That's exactly how the Monk class was introduced; Pandaren monks wandering around Azeroth, completely independent of the general storyline of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This is being discussed in multiple other threads, so there is no need to bump this thread from 2 years ago. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead