Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Allied races being unlocked mid-expansion

I'm really not all that keen on this idea and I hope I'm not the only one. I tend to stick to just 1 character throughout an expansion and so it kind of sucks that the allied races I want to play (zandalari trolls and draenor orcs) won't be playable until part way through the expansion at which point I'll have to roll a whole new character (which is hard to do when you're a mythic raider) or pay for a race change - even though I've paid for the game and subscription already. Anybody else see a flaw with this?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flaw? No. Dislike? Yes.

The only flaw I see is that you want to race change for free.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    The only flaw I see is that you want to race change for free.
    Well no, I would level one now or during the pre-patch if it were possible.

allied races the new pathfinder.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

You can't honestly expect Zandalari trolls to be an allied race before we even go to Zandalar and help them with their problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    would be weird to play zandalari right now considerin they are still our enemy
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Well the trolls and dwarves appear to be part of the 8.0 intro patch. The requirements for the trolls are listed as such. the 4th and 5th might be mid expac...

It seems fine to me. Personally hope they keep adding them every other patch or so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    You can't honestly expect Zandalari trolls to be an allied race before we even go to Zandalar and help them with their problems.
    They've written the story to make it like this, I know. I'm just airing my displeasure with it since in every previous expansion we've been able to play the new races/classes straight away. I mean we had to discover the Draenei after they crash landed in TBC and we discovered Pandaria and the Pandaren in MoP but never had to wait until a patch in to 'recruit them into our faction'.

I understand there's not much changing it now the story is laid out but I just think it's a bit of a cheeky move by Blizzard since they know a lot of people won't have time or be bothered to level a fresh character mid-expansion and will cash in on a lot of race changes because of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gioderpington View Post
    Well the trolls and dwarves appear to be part of the 8.0 intro patch. The requirements for the trolls are listed as such. the 4th and 5th might be mid expac...
    If they're part of the 8.0 that's really all I wanted. Let's hope so!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Flaw? No. Dislike? Yes.
    Yes, I dislike this but it's not a flaw per say...

"We all die, that's just a natural part of life. But if you are living without a purpose, you're already dead." -Kiba, Wolf's Rain

Quote Originally Posted by Skeng View Post
    If they're part of the 8.0 that's really all I wanted. Let's hope so!
    I think they'll either go about this in one of two ways. They'll give us Zandalari trolls for completing the Zandalar campaign and leveling to 120, or they'll take it one step further beyond that and put it behind a rep grind.

But I'd imagine it won't be gated behind 8.1 or anything, it'll be available at launch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    I think they'll either go about this in one of two ways. They'll give us Zandalari trolls for completing the Zandalar campaign and leveling to 120, or they'll take it one step further beyond that and put it behind a rep grind.

But I'd imagine it won't be gated behind 8.1 or anything, it'll be available at launch.
    I mean after launch wouldn't be ideal either. If I've just gotten to 120 the last thing I want to do is go to do more leveling, I want to start the end game content!

I mean after launch wouldn't be ideal either. If I've just gotten to 120 the last thing I want to do is go to do more leveling, I want to start the end game content!
    There's no other way around this problem. That's the earliest you'd possibly be able to play them.

Well no, I would level one now or during the pre-patch if it were possible.
    It's not. They aren't ready. You can play the ones that are ready.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    It's not. They aren't ready. You can play the ones that are ready.
    Wow, really? Thanks, I had no idea!

Did you even read the thread?

Deleted
    Releasing a new race after mid xpac or something would be completely counter intuitive. Well, unless they specifically want you to buy a race change, in that case it makes sense I suppose. But from a gameplay perspective it's stupid. They should be available in a pre-patch same way the demon hunters were. Maybe add a scenario or small content patch alongside it to make it fit lore-wise.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    would be weird to play zandalari right now considerin they are still our enemy
    the zandalari are not our enemy at all the ones in tot were an offshoot not part of the main empire.

They've written the story to make it like this, I know. I'm just airing my displeasure with it since in every previous expansion we've been able to play the new races/classes straight away. I mean we had to discover the Draenei after they crash landed in TBC and we discovered Pandaria and the Pandaren in MoP but never had to wait until a patch in to 'recruit them into our faction'.
    None of which were openly hostile with their respective factions. Pandaren weren't at war with us, Draenei hadn't made multiple attempts to take over Alliance settlements, ect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be cool if you could "upgrade" your race to a corresponding allied race for free though.

So say, the character is Draenei, it can opt to transform to Lightforged. Dwarf to Dark Iron, etc. All through an in-game quest line of course.
    Sythis - Vicious Cycle