Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I believe it is at least somewhat compensated by the fact that they have universal healthcare and free higher education - so the same income will go much further.
    Comparisons across countries are PPP adjusted, those costs are already part of the calculations.
    Last edited by NED funded; 2018-02-05 at 08:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Gore Vidal made a statement similar to this: "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose."
    This is why only those who clear Mythic can have good gear, everyone else get scraps.

And nothing for the LFR heroes.

You're not entitled to be healthy. You're even less entitled to being treated for free.

I also shouldn't pay for your unhealthy habits and food disorders. Get off your lazy ass and pay for your potato chips and every other expense that comes with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    Greed being good makes sense when the study of economics was entirely developed around greed, or should I call it"rational self interest" like economists do in order to be more politically correct?

"Hey guise, I the system of my country is based upon greed, so I am going to study that greed and call it economics and try to apply it to every society no matter what that particular societies core foundation is based upon. Then if anyone disagrees with me I will tell them to 'learn economics noob' herpdurp."

Economics is not a science for a damn good reason because it is not based on a solid universal foundation.
    So the question becomes simple... are you willing to surrender everything you have and own that is above the median to the collective so that someone below the median can have exactly as much as you?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Since money and welfare as a value is not in its right place in people's minds, compared to nature, social things and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I didn't realize it was one or the other.
    So help me square up your position here. You're not against market regulation and laws that protect citizenry as a hard and fast rule, but fuck people who can't afford healthcare or education, let them stay stupid and sick?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    That's not what anyone means when they refer to economic strength. It's a lame attempt at a post hoc justification of a ludicrous claim.
    Which of the facts presented would you like to dispute?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitten View Post
    Comparisons across countries are PPP adjusted, those costs are already part of the calculations.
    I know, but I doubt PPP includes not having to spend on something in the first place. I'll look that up, I guess.

As I posted a long while back, there are two big general issues; Social; and Money.
    Money is always the bigger one. You control funding for everything.