Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I'm excited for how big the world is going to feel again

With one hour hearthstones, no flying mounts, no epic mounts for ages, crappy flight points, no meeting stone summons and maybe a 60% mount after 40-50 levels.

Agreed. One of the things I loved most about world of warcraft when I first played it was the sheer size of it. If a questline sent you to another continent, my goodness did you have a run in for you. And if you were on a pvp server, you were gonna die at least a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by shaidyn View Post
    Agreed. One of the things I loved most about world of warcraft when I first played it was the sheer size of it. If a questline sent you to another continent, my goodness did you have a run in for you. And if you were on a pvp server, you were gonna die at least a few times.
    The horde class quest sending you down through the wetlands was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    With one hour hearthstones, no flying mounts, no epic mounts for ages, crappy flight points, no meeting stone summons and maybe a 60% mount after 40-50 levels.
    Isn’t the illusion shattered though? You know small those zones are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymoo View Post
    Isn’t the illusion shattered though? You know small those zones are now.
    It'll come back real fast when you move through it that slowly again, I suspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    their is still a chance at summoning stones, that was a classic addition.

Blizzard can still screw it all up, give them a chance.

Will all the pointless QoL enhancements, and the demand for tokens / level boosters, the potential you see can still go right down the toilet.

But yes, the possibility to adventure once again in Azeroth! .. Ahh... Official Azeroth .. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.....

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't tell if you are in fact sarcastic of if you DO look forward to this.

Personally, I actually really think it will be great to see the old world return.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

I’m sorry I just don’t buy this. You can literally do all of this now in live if you so choose but you don’t. I can’t imagine when you need to run across the barrens for instance you’re gonna be like “OMG this is so great and awesome!!!!!!!!!”. Maybe for the first minute but 10 minutes later and still running? I doubt it. Especially not after being used to all of the conveniences of live.

I always get really annoyed when people say "it's just a nostalgia trip, once you play a little it will wear off and you will want the convicences"

When I started on one of the private servers years ago. I completely forgot how much the inconveniences really made the game feel like a world.

The game was just better back then, nothing to do with nostalgia.

I’m sorry I just don’t buy this. You can literally do all of this now in live if you so choose but you don’t. I can’t imagine when you need to run across the barrens for instance you’re gonna be like “OMG this is so great and awesome!!!!!!!!!”. Maybe for the first minute but 10 minutes later and still running? I doubt it. Especially not after being used to all of the conveniences of live.
    It's a good thing nobody around here really cares whether you 'buy this' or not, isn't it?

As someone who's been playing both iterations of the game for a long time, the two experiences are completely different and nothing you can do on live can make the world feel as vast as it is in Vanilla. I think pacing has a lot to do with it.
    I just hope they keep the server populations reasonable and true to the actual Vanilla experience.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not sh*t talking Vanilla WoW's gameplay because I love it, but Vanilla WoW is much less about gameplay and more about the immersion. The community, engaging in the world, you really feel like you're in an entirely different reality. Classic can release any day now
    Classic WoW Content Creator - Daily Streams and Bi-Weekly Videos!
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/staysafetv
    YouTube: https://youtube.com/staysafetv

Quote Originally Posted by Staysafe View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not sh*t talking Vanilla WoW's gameplay because I love it, but Vanilla WoW is much less about gameplay and more about the immersion. The community, engaging in the world, you really feel like you're in an entirely different reality. Classic can release any day now
    Kinda reminds me of back in SoO when another one of those WoW killer MMOs came out. People were saying how lots of people were just sitting around in town circlejerking each other about how much better that new game was than WoW... before going back to play WoW.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more interested in the return of all those old quests and storylines gutted in Cata. Taking an hour to get somewhere doesn't really improve anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    It's a good thing nobody around here really cares whether you 'buy this' or not, isn't it?
    I think you do lol. You felt the need to respond to what I said and then try to justify why you think what you do.

- - - Updated - - -

It'll come back real fast when you move through it that slowly again, I suspect.
    So why not just move slowly through current WoW then? Opt not to use flying mounts or flight paths.

No need to wait for that excitement

Log onto retail and walk around the world without a mount. You'll be sure to find that excitment somewhere in the trash bin.

no epic mounts for ages,
    I could farm enough for an epic mount in under 24 hours, farming Maraudon at 50 gold an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Blizzard can still screw it all up, give them a chance.

Will all the pointless QoL enhancements, and the demand for tokens / level boosters, the potential you see can still go right down the toilet.

But yes, the possibility to adventure once again in Azeroth! .. Ahh... Official Azeroth .. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.....
    Demands? Bitch you mean the inevitability that Blizzard will go through and make Classic as profitable as possible while still trying to adhere as closely as possible to the "core gameplay and design".

You're never going to get what you want and it's funny you think it's the other players that are the problem and not Blizzard themselves, when if you followed them as a company for any measure of time after your vaunted Vanilla came to a close, you'd realize they are scum on earth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I could farm enough for an epic mount in under 24 hours, farming Maraudon at 50 gold an hour.
    Essence of Undeath farming got me close to 45g an hour back when nobody figured out that Paladins could solo things really well in the plaguelands.

Was a nice honey hole for the materials for the damn epic mount.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you do lol. You felt the need to respond to what I said and then try to justify why you think what you do.

- - - Updated - - -

So why not just move slowly through current WoW then? Opt not to use flying mounts or flight paths.
    Shhhhh, with that kind of logic it completely ruins the arguments of no flying, why legendaries are good for the game and why leveling must feel 'rewarding'. Wouldn't want to shatter their dopamine addiction while they are getting a nice hit of that good ol' nostalgiacrack.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

It just isn't the same when everyone else is teleporting around, queueing up for dungeons and flying around at 300%.

Suggesting it is is disingenuous. If you like the new game play the new game, don't ruin classic.

Oh my god! So excite! Very wow! Much fun!
    Spending hours running around! I'll be able to catch up on all the tv shows and movies Ive missed out on!
    I get it, you're excited. That's good. Sounds terrible to me as I've seen the story multiple times, even with variations.
    Big draw to me would be the endgame, not the adventure I've had multiple times in the past.