Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    Hello fellow lock / SPs

I am having HUGE problems finding the interest and fun to play the Warlock class.. I simply cannot decide nor make up my mind what to play? I like the dark fantasy regarding the warlock in general, however, the lack of "fun" compared to SP is mind blowing for me. Etc building up the insanity meter for then being able to going fully crazy with damage is something I like. I have tried to google / YouTube the difference between Warlock and SPs gaming style but I cannot seem to find a proper answer to my questions and- frustrations.

In term of fun for YOU (convince me!) which class to play? Warlock Vs. Sp

Thanks for your time
    You shouldn't need convinced. Everyone has to make up their own minds. These threads pop up all the time. People just like hearing people talk about classes. There isn't much difference at all between Spriest and locks. 1) you came to a lock forum. 2) you want "Dark Fantasy". 3) You're answering your own questions. If you like the dark fantasy, play it. If you don't like the playstyle, then don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Affliction lock outperforms SPriest in literally every way. There's no real competition here.
    And affliction is boring as shit.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    You shouldn't need convinced. Everyone has to make up their own minds. These threads pop up all the time. People just like hearing people talk about classes. There isn't much difference at all between Spriest and locks. 1) you came to a lock forum. 2) you want "Dark Fantasy". 3) You're answering your own questions. If you like the dark fantasy, play it. If you don't like the playstyle, then don't.

- - - Updated - - -

And affliction is boring as shit.
    He said "why do YOU find the class YOU picked fun to play - and convince me (as in give details)"

He didn't say convince me to play the class you play.

Put it this way. DPS wise, Warlock has always been strong, and always will be. Spriest has been up and down and all over the place.

solo content? Affliction with voidwalker - easy. Can solo almost anything in world content.

PvP? Warlock is fine again and probably stronger than Spriest, though it's fairly close.

Overall? Warlock.

Deleted
    Shadow priest can only be buffed, not nerfed.

Despite both being a dot class, they play like polar opposites from a caster POV. Affliction locks maintain dots, demonology maintain shards/pets, destro...can't comment. Spriests is literally just maintaining your resource bar (Insanity). You want to keep it from reaching zero to the best of your and ISPs ability. The dots maintain themselves on a single target or any others that are clumped.

Playing both in the raiding scene, I prefer my lock. Using priest for disc healing atm, just for the fun factor.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

As an SP lifer, don't, the spec is infamous for:

NICHES:
    1. Multidotting Cleave (Aff, boomy comparable)
    2. Execute Phase (Warrior is better)
    3. Council Cleave (King, aff comparable)

- Difficult + Perfect play for mediocre damage.
    - Terrible ramp up, enjoyable in the perfect situation. Other players are bad, adds not dying fast enough allows more ramp up and insanity.
    - When things are on farm, the class gets even worse due to boss kill times being significantly lower.
    - Always the underlying feeling of, please don't make me heal.
    - In Legion, worst range M+ class from start to finish in general. There were sometimes it was good, early STM days (those are over) and recent Void Eruption Buff (Seed is still better bc its spammable).
    - Always a feeling of: should've been a mage, should've been a lock. Because of those feelings I made both of those classes.

Why do I stay as SP.
    proof of skill. Being amazing at a mediocre class has lead me to play better with other "easier" to play casters.
    I now have this love for "bad" specs and being good at them.