Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Whatever, I didn't give enough of a shit to really look at the link. Ok, you spam the from page of the BBC without adding anything. Does that make you feel better?
    I have contributed my opinion - you however haven't you're just bitching

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    Yet candidate Trump actually praised the nationalized healthcare systems of Canada and Scotland, saying there's no reason we can't have such a system here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zFRjExsfTk

Then a while later he attacked the Canadian system...now he's attacking the British NHS...so once again, we're not sure which Trump we're hearing from.

EDIT: I also remember hearing him doubling down on his comment about the Canadian system in an interview later, although I can't find a video of it. He said something to the effect of "We can have the government cover it, just like they do in Canada, we can afford it and it works great." Be advised though, that is hearsay on my part since I can't find any evidence of it, just my own memory of seeing it on the news.
    Im wondering if he has schizophrenia

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    I generally refrain from disparaging our unfortunate President but he really should kindly stfu about topics he knows literally nothing about.
    But then he would never speak.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    But then he would never speak.
    oh, please: let it happen !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Im wondering if he has schizophrenia
    He was just a candidate saying what he thought would work at the time. Despite he and his followers' constant attempts to argue the contrary, he's pretty much just another milktoast politician, really.

That said, I do find his public persona quite entertaining, the way he horrifies the media is priceless.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, the UK NHS system is failing, just like the US Healthcare system.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Why do you care what Trump says? The man is clearly mentally challenged.
    He's also the President of the United States.

The crap that comes out of his mouth has impact. Regardless of it's quality, truthfulness or accuracy.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Someone should tell him that there are 600k bankruptcies for medical bills in god's own country every year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he should stick to his own failing health care in his own failing country before condoning our more successful healthcare... Trump is jealous obviously... Maybe if didn't crusade to abolish Obama care he wouldn't be so.
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-02-05 at 09:57 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It's not failing, it's being willfully underfunded by a tory government with vested interests in private healthcare.

The NHS is suffering from the single consistent policy that the Tories have followed in my lifetime; take something owned by the country, underfund it until it starts to fail, then sell it off cheap to their mates. The NHS is almost the last big payday left, and they are desperate to make money out of it. To do that they need to "prove" it's failing. Sickening to watch, and even more sickening to see how many ordinary working class people still vote for them regardless.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Deleted
    He sounds like a stable genius who is an expert on the terrible, dog gone commie nhs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    The NHS is suffering from the single consistent policy that the Tories have followed in my lifetime; take something owned by the country, underfund it until it starts to fail, then sell it off cheap to their mates. The NHS is almost the last big payday left, and they are desperate to make money out of it. To do that they need to "prove" it's failing. Sickening to watch, and even more sickening to see how many ordinary working class people still vote for them regardless.
    We just got to make it until 5th May 2022. :P

Hopefully our walking zombie of a PM will deteriorate before then :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-02-05 at 10:02 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more.

Except that this time it won't be to their cronie mates, it will be to for profit us health organisations as part of a us trade deal. Along with hormone laden meat etc
    Last edited by mmocf0b29d4c77; 2018-02-05 at 10:04 PM.

Deleted
    But it isn't... It will however if funds get cut thus the march

Deleted
    But it isn't... It will however if funds get cut thus the march
    Quite right. Don't drastically cut it, just enough so the cracks hold over a period of time.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    So were the people marching for more funding and better care wrong or right? You can’t have it both ways. I’ve yet to see a country with truly free social medicine that was equal to the quality of care your typical American gets with private insurance. I have no doubt the NHS is comparable to the care I receive through the VA though.

Why do I use the VA when I have private insurance you might ask? Because it’s completely free versus an annual cap of $2500 on my private insurance.
    Not disputing the NHS so much, as I am not that familiar with it. But my local VA clinic has been just as good and in some cases, better than what I have experienced in the private sector. Not had to spend any time in a VA hospital tho. So not sure of those. But I think now, we can pick a hospital closer to us if a VA one is too far away. Same for the clinics.

Deleted
    I mean he's not wrong that there are big problems with the NHS, but he's bringing it up for the wrong reasons.

People were marching because they want the NHS fixed, not to scrap the NHS so we can go to the horror show that is single payer healthcare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    So do you have anything to say or are you not interested in the topic?

I'm guessing you're not interested in the topic by the fact that you didn't post anything related to it. so that being that case, why post this at all?
    I'm not sure what we're supposed to say when all the OP says is more in link...

A little off-topic : uk is the "creator" of national healthcare ? oO

EDIT ; thx wikipedia.

Germany in 1883
    Last edited by telygroar; 2018-02-06 at 12:13 AM.