Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    Deleted

Male make-up: Korean men have started a beauty revolution

Men in South Korea spend more on skincare per person than men anywhere else in the world.

Inspired by their idols in Korean pop music and TV dramas, young people strive for what they consider to be that perfect face.

One make-up vlogger tells us about his quest to change perceptions about men who wear make-up.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-a...uty-revolution

Video in link. Not my cup of tea but what do you think.

Deleted
    just copying blokes from Thailand and Eddie Izzard really.

10+ Year Old Account
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Just what we need. More men becoming feminized.

Pretty gross.

Deleted
    Whatever keeps people buying stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antius View Post
    Just what we need. More men becoming feminized.
    If a man is scared make-up might make himself not-manly, he was never manly in the first place.

You know folks, standards of male handsomeness varied a LOT according to the time period

For instance, the favorite TUF GUYZ of XBOX players, the Spartans, were renowned through Greece for their long ''Hippie'' hairstyle...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    If a man is scared make-up might make himself not-manly, he was never manly in the first place.
    TBF some of those men do look like lesbians

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that for every person willing to buy a thing, there are a list of companies willing to sell it to them, then put billboards up of that person loving the product as an incentive to others to join in on the fun.

I could wear rubber puke on my head every day, even start a youtube channel about..prolly find a few other people to join in and reaffirm my self confidence....but in the end im still wearing rubber vomit on my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Seems kinda gay and not in a good way.

Deleted
    Um, good for them?

I'm really not the pretty type, so I'll pass.

Being manly is bad!

But here, it's the cure! Purchase our products and embellish that male toxicity!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    "Manliness" is so subjective as to be irrelevant to basically everything. However, makeup is feminine, just as defined muscles are masculine.

Make-up for men?

Men mostly avoid make up, gay or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    "Manliness" is so subjective as to be irrelevant to basically everything. However, makeup is feminine, just as defined muscles are masculine.
    What about all those manly men in action movies who are all wearing makeup?

Deleted
    I think it's important to note that not all makeup products are feminine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Not really into guys that have "visible" makeup on. I'm ok with covering stuff up, or bascailly "actor" makeup on guys, but when it's visible, it does nothing for me... maybe I'm just not used to it...

But if you (or anyone else) likes it... go with it... This is just my opinion.
    Same, plus it really doesn't smell nice in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    You know folks, standards of male handsomeness varied a LOT according to the time period

For instance, the favorite TUF GUYZ of XBOX players, the Spartans, were renowned through Greece for their long ''Hippie'' hairstyle...
    Male handsomeness was always tied to "natural" and "wild". The hippie hairstyle was because they did not take time to cut their hair and to prevent it from going on their face (blocking their vision), they would make dreads with them.
    Adding "products" on your face is feminized and has always been.