Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

So, fans of Donald, who is going to take the credit for this one (Dow Jones, 02/05)

I mean, Breitbart and co. kept droning about how the markets rising was a sign of Donald Duck doing fine. So...

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/05/inve...nes/index.html

"Obama left the economy in a terrible place and today we'll just seeing the echo of his activities."

Let's get into the mind of a Trumpkin.

Good for Trump then Trump get credit and true.

Bad for Trump than others to blame and lie.

I always said I didn't care when it was raising and I can't say I care now that it crashed until it results in something meaningful either way.

Those who praise him for stock books are mislead as much as those who blame him for current dips. POTUS can have an effect, but is only one of the many factors that dictate investor confidence.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we not? You know it will bounce back... and if it doesn’t, no reason to celebrate.

Saying this.... yah, I was tempted to start a similar thread while watching the last hour of Dow today.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

It's too late for this, Fox News has already put out their excuse for the drop. "Not the biggest percentage drop, nothing to see here." The Deplorables already know what to say to handwave this away.

Tomorrow when the Dow drops... I'm going to guess another 800 points, be on the ball and ask them then what it means post-haste. See if they go with the percent excuse again, that'll be fun!

But at the end of the day, the market has been super over-inflated for awhile now, so this could easily be a hiccup that's indicative of nothing special at all.

A better question I have is "why is the Dow dropping"? I mean, didn't Dumpy McFuckwit give them (stock traders) what they wanted?

I'm genuinely curious as to why this bubble is seemingly bursting so early! Is it early anticipation of Orange Fuckface McLump being prosecuted? It almost seems as if it's a reaction to the magnificent dud of a "memo" that Fatfuck McRump farted out and his even more recent unhinged toilet twit accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    A better question I have is "why is the Dow dropping"? I mean, didn't Dumpy McFuckwit give them (stock traders) what they wanted?

I'm genuinely curious as to why this bubble is seemingly bursting so early! Is it early anticipation of Orange Fuckface McLump being prosecuted? It almost seems as if it's a reaction to the magnificent dud of a "memo" that Fatfuck McRump farted out and his even more recent unhinged toilet twit accusations.
    From what I've heard/read it's in response to the Federal Reserve possibly starting to bring interest rates back up again.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2018-02-06 at 12:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

Because inserting money into a booming economy with 4.1% unemployment, causes inflation. What Trump did, is react to a booming economy, like it’s a recession.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Gotchas - thx @Edge and @Felya ^_^

I got curious about this and quit as of 2016. Every Monday for the last 3 years the Dow has dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    I got curious about this and quit as of 2016. Every Monday for the last 3 years the Dow has dropped.
    Then I guess you think that last Thursday and Friday were anomalies.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Where did you get your numbers from? Because what you're saying isn't matching to what I'm seeing... at all.

Friday Jan 19th - 26,071.72
    Monday Jan 22nd - 26,214.60

Increase of 142.88

Dec 29th - Jan 2nd (Tuesday due to holiday) - Increase of 104.79
    Dec 15th - 18th - Increase of 140.46
    Dec 1st - 4th - Increase of 58.46

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Hannity blames Obama
    What a fucking tool...
    You can make it universally applicable just by shortening it to "Hannity what a fucking tool".

Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    Where did you get your numbers from? Because what you're saying isn't matching to what I'm seeing... at all.

Friday Jan 19th - 26,071.72
    Monday Jan 22nd - 26,214.60

Increase of 142.88

Dec 29th - Jan 2nd (Tuesday due to holiday) - Increase of 104.79
    Dec 15th - 18th - Increase of 140.46
    Dec 1st - 4th - Increase of 58.46
    Sorry, I meant the Monday after the Superbowl.

Once again, the President has very little sway over the stock market. He doesn't get to take credit, and he doesn't get the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Once again, the President has very little sway over the stock market. He doesn't get to take credit, and he doesn't get the blame.
    Most people understand thats, its more of a "what about now" to the Trumpians praising Donny for the market increase over the last 7 years.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Granted, and if I might say, no duh. But this is Cheeto - what if he thinks he should get credit for the upticks? Then shouldn't we blame him, even if it's wrong, for the down trends? Or is that treason?

I know how you feel about Drumpf, I'm not suggesting you feel otherwise, in case this seems like I am.