Thread: Console Version

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Console Version

with the recent crazy increases in DDR4 GPU prices, do you think it may be time for Blizzard to look at a Console version, I think i read somewhere that the Xbox can support a mouse and keyboard. so that takes care of controlling your character.

what do people think?

10+ Year Old Account
    nope
    /10char

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they wanted to, they could have done it years ago. However, there's no way they would design it for "mouse and keyboard" (assuming these even work in some reasonable capacity). They'd have to rework it for controllers and that means redesigning a lot of stuff. Not necessarily simplifying - as FF14 shows, you can have a large of amount of abilities and fairly complex rotations - but interracting with world, raid frames, targeting, looting and the like. Also, forget about addons, they wouldn't work, so their basic UI would have to work "perfectly".

It would be an enormous project and they're already busy with Classic servers. This would be a lot of effort for unspecified gains. Also, I don't see how GPU prices matter here, since WoW was always CPU bound and you don't need expensive graphic card for decent perfomance.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaze View Post
    nope
    /10char
    I'll just wanted to add : Nope

i dont seee the reason why not, but the game would require a mouse+keyboard combo to be playable, or a highly customised controller made by scuf that has extra keybinds

10+ Year Old Account
    I fail to see why they would.

I honestly don't see how this game would ever really work well on a console; it doesn't seem like it would be enjoyable to me. At the very least you would have to have a keyboard because so much typing is required. Everything from chatting to searching for stuff on the auction house and there isn't a controller in the world with enough buttons for everything you need. PC players would have such a huge advantage over the console people.
    Last edited by Thrackerzod; 2018-02-06 at 10:59 AM.

Why would they port a game on a decline?

Quote Originally Posted by Thrackerzod View Post
    I honestly don't see how this game would ever really work well on a console; it doesn't seem like it would be enjoyable to me. At the very least you would have to have a keyboard because so much typing is required. Everything from chatting to searching for stuff on the auction house and there isn't a controller in the world with enough buttons for everything you need. PC players would have such a huge advantage over the console people.
    Go look at Final Fantasy 14 videos if u want to know how it would work on console.

Ontopic: Can it work and run on console? Yes. Will blizzard do it? Unlikely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaja View Post
    Why would they port a game on a decline?
    That game on decline still has millions of player's playing it, The console market would open it up to 100 million more players.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

If they could've they'd have done it a long time ago.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

FUCK consoles, PC should be PC and some guys are made and conecepted for PC, WoW it's one of a kinda! No console version, if blizzard did that, they would ruin the game even more, making its even more "idiot proof" that it is now days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie71 View Post
    with the recent crazy increases in DDR4 GPU prices, do you think it may be time for Blizzard to look at a Console version, I think i read somewhere that the Xbox can support a mouse and keyboard. so that takes care of controlling your character.

what do people think?
    No thanks, really. You can get a system that can run WoW fine for the same price as a new Xbox edition.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Yeah Blizzard isnt capable of making a console port. Yeaaaaah that makes a lot of sense. Snowflakes

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Yeah Blizzard isnt capable of making a console port. Yeaaaaah that makes a lot of sense. Snowflakes
    Yeah a company doesn't want to make more money. Yeaaaaah that makes a lot of sense.

How does "snowflake" even apply to this situation? Is it like one of those shitty drone phrases from twitch or something?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Deleted
    Yeah a company doesn't want to make more money. Yeaaaaah that makes a lot of sense.

How does "snowflake" even apply to this situation? Is it like one of those shitty drone phrases from twitch or something?
    Fuck are you talking about snowflake? You didnt mention money. You wrote Blizzard wasnt capable of making a console port which makes you a snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Fuck are you talking about snowflake? You didnt mention money. You wrote Blizzard wasnt capable of making a console port which makes you a snowflake
    Ofc I didn't, I expected a double digit IQ from the posters in this forum.

If they could've they would've made a console port beacuse it'd make a lot of money - let's face it; WoW port would sell like hotcakes. And they would've done it a long ago beacuse they'd make a lot more money.

Sure I didn't mention money specifically but I was under the impression that people knew the fact that Blizzard is a company and companies want to make money. Guess not.

Also, snowflake!

Deleted
    Ofc I didn't, I expected a double digit IQ from the posters in this forum.

If they could've they would've made a console port beacuse it'd make a lot of money - let's face it; WoW port would sell like hotcakes. And they would've done it a long ago beacuse they'd make a lot more money.

Sure I didn't mention money specifically but I was under the impression that people knew the fact that Blizzard is a company and companies want to make money. Guess not.

Also, snowflake!
    So your argument is the same, that They cant make it, because you Think it would sell Well and make a lot og dough and you Think everyone agrees with you. Except wowbis a 10 year old game that rund Well on even 5-7 year old systemsbwhich everyone already have in their home. So your flawed, poorly thought out logiic makes you think everyone Else Will cone to the same wrong conclusion leasing you, the snowflake, to question other People’s IQ. You made a funny

Edit: ofcourse Blizzard is capable of making a fucking console port you imbecile. They have shows this several times already
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2018-02-06 at 11:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie71 View Post
    do you think it may be time for Blizzard to look at a Console version
    I'm surprised they haven't. I've played Neverwinter on my PS4 and there is a decent "console community" there for that game on FTP. Possibly the biggest stumbling block is just about the money though. They clearly don't like the look of the return on investment for a port right now, or they'd do it. They're business people.

Unless they remake WoW from the ground up, a console version would never happen.

A game has to be playable on controller, and you can't do that with WoW. Not in a way that is even remotely playable, in any case. You'd be simplifying classes down to a handful of abilities.

Here you go...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.