Page 21 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's one of those things I really hope will change before the expansion goes live. It's a waste of good potential of horde paladin, unless Blizzard has something planned down the road (though so far, speculation goes that next allied races are Dreanor Orcs and Vulpera, so I doubt any of them end up having paladins).

It will probably mean Dark Iron dwarfs wont have access to shamans, which would suck as well.

Zandalaari paladins definitely do not belong in the typical war3 paladin setting like the paladin class hall (in legion) and similar.

I am not sure are zandalaari even using the actual "holy light" or it is some troll version given by some loa but merely uses the same ingame mechanics as paladins cause blizzard is cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Zandalaari paladins definitely do not belong in the typical war3 paladin setting like the paladin class hall (in legion) and similar.

I am not sure are zandalaari even using the actual "holy light" or it is some troll version given by some loa but merely uses the same ingame mechanics as paladins cause blizzard is cheap.
    It's the same concept has Tauren paladins and Troll druids. As a mechanic in the game they are the same as any other race because well it's a game, they can't make each race have their own druid/paladin class. Lore wise though they are different. Undead don't use the light as priests (just shadow), Tauren look towards the sun not the holy light and Trolls go towards the loa - not traditional night elf druidism .
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    zandalari paladin makes no sense if u read lore you'll know (trying not to sound too condescending)
    Please expand this idea. How exactly would a highly religious, hierarchical people prone to self righteousness, that is proven already to worship the light or some form of it, isn't suitable to be warriorpriests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If we are going to be smart about it there is nothing against anyone becoming a paladin as long as there's no sort of corruption. Gnomes, trolls, anything with faith can be a paladin.
    Totally. However I see paladins as a reflection of a hierarchical society with some form of nobility and a warriorlike spirit. Goblins wouldnt fit that.
    Last edited by Missed; 2018-02-11 at 06:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    why not? if is Nothing about, "wielders of the Holy Light, protectors of the innocent and defenders of the weak." why they can't? because they don't use shiny and prettyt armor? come on

people are so over focused on normal trolls, like the amani and the darkpsear that they don't realize the zandalari are totally different. And can be protectors of the innocent and defenders of the weak in their own way.

I don't wan the paladin class just to be focused around human/silver covenant standards, sure it gameplay will be the same shit, but this is RPG too, let people do their own story
    Because trolls are none of these things: "wielders of the Holy Light, protectors of the innocent and defenders of the weak.", that's why not. They're just zealous.

With that logic every single character is a protector of the innocent, from rogues to warlocks to warriors

Then play another class... Paladins are about the values I listed, changing them dilutes the identity of the class for everyone and is stupid. Warcraft pallies are awesome and their concept shouldn't change.

Again, Zandalari prelates are just melee warriors who use Loa magic (which is not the Light). You can do your own story, just roll a Zandalari warrior. Allowing them to be paladins doesn't do justice to actual paladins or actual prelates. A troll standing around in Light's Hope with T6 and an Ashbringer... no thanks
    Last edited by mmoc5d54ba8d79; 2018-02-11 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    Because trolls are none of these things: "wielders of the Holy Light, protectors of the innocent and defenders of the weak.", that's why not. They're just zealous.

With that logic every single character is a protector of the innocent, from rogues to warlocks to warriors

Then play another class... Paladins are about the values I listed, changing them dilutes the identity of the class for everyone and is stupid. Warcraft pallies are awesome and their concept shouldn't change.
    Again, Zandalari prelates are just melee warriors who use Loa magic (which is not the Light). You can do your own story, just roll a Zandalari warrior
    Dude with all due respect but why don't you go read up about zandalari before replying?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    Well Trolls are pretty much tribal/Ancient Aztec like race. They are not a race of crusader knights like Humans, Blood Elves, Dwarves, Draenei, and Tauren.
    Since when are Tauren crusaders? They're rather tribal...I mean look at Sun Cows...for them it isn't even about the light but the Sun...

Wait, so warcraft paladins can only be "wielders of the Holy Light, protectors of the innocent and defenders of the weak."??

We must warn blizzard then cause sure the biggest paladin order is the silver hand, what is the second again? oh right, the scarlet fucking crusade
    Defenders of everything that's good and holy...

Warcraft paladins are not that limited for a long long time, opinions don't change that

10+ Year Old Account
    snip.
    How is it any different that the Sun Cows? All of their abilities are the same as Humans...yet they're about the sun and not the light.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Missed View Post
    Dude with all due respect but why don't you go read up about zandalari before replying?
    Why? What have I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ailil View Post
    Wait, so warcraft paladins can only be "wielders of the Holy Light, protectors of the innocent and defenders of the weak."??

We must warn blizzard then cause sure the biggest paladin order is the silver hand, what is the second again? oh right, the scarlet fucking crusade

Warcraft paladins are not that limited for a long long time, opinions don't change that
    No way the Scarlet Crusade is the second biggest.... source? Their organisation of lunatics is pretty much at death's door at this point. And ''good'' and ''holy'' are subject to opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    How is it any different that the Sun Cows? All of their abilities are the same as Humans...yet they're about the sun and not the light.
    Just because a lore atrocity happened before doesn't mean it has to happen again
    Last edited by mmoc5d54ba8d79; 2018-02-11 at 06:31 PM.

Why? What have I missed?
    You're talking about trolls. No one believes trolls should be paladins. Darkspears or other dispersed tribes wouldn't have the hierarchy and social structure needed to support a paladin class. Zandalari are different. They are a thousands years old empire built on zeal and self righteousness. A warrior society governed by a class of light (or similar) wielding priests.
    Zandalari arent darkspears.
    And as pointed out already, paladins aren't "defenders of the innocents". That's a stretch. The game designers are a lot more vague when describing the paladin class. Any society with the necessary requirements could produce a class of warriorpriests, and the zandalari meet them all.

7+ Year Old Account
    again, zandalari are not darkspear, amani, or other savage trolls tribes, they can be all of this.

Besides, in this way, we should just remove blood elf and taurens paladins, the scarlet crusade and all other paladin organization who don't restrict follow the silverhand code just to not hurt your feelings about how you think the paladins in wow should be

well, yes? its a RPG after all,all depend of what history you created for your character

well, not in wow, maybe for you, in your order, or your RP, but trough time, the definition of paladin changed, since the scarlet crusade, they are not just silver hand anymore. they can be religious fanatics or suncows as well

Again, Zandalari prelates are just melee warriors who use Loa magic (which is not the Light). You can do your own story, just roll a Zandalari warrior. Allowing them to be paladins doesn't do justice to actual paladins or actual prelates.

they actually are their own order of paladins, pretty much like sunwalkers and blood knights, its not "loa magic" it IS light magic

How "light of the loa" is not light? lol
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-02-11 at 06:43 PM.

Absolutely. There's definitely a darker twist in the class. The "lawful evil/lawful good" kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Missed View Post
    You're talking about trolls. No one believes trolls should be paladins. Darkspears or other dispersed tribes wouldn't have the hierarchy and social structure needed to support a paladin class. Zandalari are different. They are a thousands years old empire built on zeal and self righteousness. A warrior society governed by a class of light (or similar) wielding priests.
    Zandalari arent darkspears.
    And as pointed out already, paladins aren't "defenders of the innocents". That's a stretch. The game designers are a lot more vague when describing the paladin class. Any society with the necessary requirements could produce a class of warriorpriests, and the zandalari meet them all.
    I know, I just say ''troll'' so I'm not repeating the name ''Zandalari'' all the time the way I see the Zandalari is as advanced yes, but governed by a rule-of-the-strongest mentality. Now if they actually used the Holy Light, then yes, I wouldn't mind nearly as much, but the fact is they do not. That is a pretty big prerequisite for being a paladin.

This game is a central-story-driven RPG, not D&D. There is no real freedom in the game, you can only do what Blizzard allows you to do via questing. As such there need to be certain boundaries when describing factions, races and classes, otherwise it just becomes a mess. With your logic, we should let all races be on all factions, let all races be all classes and just let players come up with reasons as to why it happened and/or it is ok.

We are discussing undetailed fictional factions. We can't definitely prove anything, only what Blizz puts in the game and says matters. So I will just leave you guys to it~
    Last edited by mmoc5d54ba8d79; 2018-02-11 at 07:35 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Now if they actually used the Holy Light, then yes, I wouldn't mind nearly as much, but the fact is they do not. That is a pretty big prerequisite for being a paladin.
    and what make you say this with so certain? because, they actually do, its not rocket science use light, prelates use it, talanji use it on the horde scenario

No way the Scarlet Crusade is the second biggest.... source? Their organisation of lunatics is pretty much at death's door at this point. And ''good'' and ''holy'' are subject to opinion

Now they finished, but back in vanilla they were one of the biggest

But that's not the point, the point is that one of the most notorious paladin orders in the lore belongs to the scarlet crusade
    So your argument of how paladins can only be "holy knights" is headcanon

Again, Zandalari prelates are just melee warriors who use Loa magic (which is not the Light). You can do your own story, just roll a Zandalari warrior. Allowing them to be paladins doesn't do justice to actual paladins or actual prelates. A troll standing around in Light's Hope with T6 and an Ashbringer... no thanks
    dude, turalyon become super sayan exactly in the moment he thought "these orcs are immigrant, i can freely smash him, whoaaaa" and enjoyed to torture horde dks in horrible ways.
    turalyon, probably the epithome of the human paladin.

oh, and clearly scarlet crusade

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    dude, turalyon become super sayan exactly in the moment he thought "these orcs are immigrant, i can freely smash him, whoaaaa" and enjoyed to torture horde dks in horrible ways.
    turalyon, probably the epithome of the human paladin.

oh, and clearly scarlet crusade
    Now they finished, but back in vanilla they were one of the biggest

But that's not the point, the point is that one of the most notorious paladin orders in the lore belongs to the scarlet crusade
    So your argument of how paladins can only be "holy knights" is headcanon
    Guys, what is right and holy isn't a fixed universal value, smashing in orc faces is a righteous act for some (as long as the means justify the end in their eyes)

None of the new allied races got access to the other factions once-iconic class. Dark Irons don't get to be shamans, despite Ragnaros yadda yadda... Zandalari don't get to be paladins.