Page 35 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Please dont give the most popular class to the race that going to be very popular. No need for the horde becoming just zandalaris.

Yeah because the Horde being mostly Belf is better?

Dark Iron should be Shamans and Zandalari Paladins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Or maybe someone cares about the RP part of the game.

At least simply rename the class to better fit the races using it should be not that hard. Renaming (part of the) skills should also be quite a fast task.
    Your "RP part of the game." is centered directly around the idea that humans invented being a paladin, which is ludicrous and laughworthy.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would it be pointless?

It would be really nice RP wise. Tauren are sunwalkers? Call them SW then, is that difficult?
    You can put it somewhere is their charactersheet, but dont go further then that and renaming it per race. This would obviously create not needed confusion. They are called differently, but in the end they are all doing the same thing realy.

I can understand that modify spell animations in order to have 3-4 Paladins classes which are basically the same, gameplay side, would be a waste of time.

But renaming classes and spells (even reskinnig icons) should not be that hard.
    Would be nice, but they don't do it for any other classes, so why would they do it for Paladins?

Damn, didnt expect this. Didn't they have zandalari paladins in ToT?

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Damn, didnt expect this. Didn't they have zandalari paladins in ToT?
    Yep. Zandalari Prelates, specifically with <Pala spells + of the Loa>.

And before that, Freethinkers.

I don't have nearly as much time to peruse the forums as I wish I did. Can anyone tell me if Blizzard has even so much as acknowledged this particular issue? I mean, I can't remember seeing a blue response to any threads on their official forums, whether it be to just let people know "it's early and that could change" or "we won't do it because of X or Y" or even "hey, this is something we might consider doing because of the community's genuine interest and civil discussion explaining why it makes sense".

Is it just me or has is just been complete silence in regards to this on the official WoW forums? Or did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxien View Post
    I don't have nearly as much time to peruse the forums as I wish I did. Can anyone tell me if Blizzard has even so much as acknowledged this particular issue? I mean, I can't remember seeing a blue response to any threads on their official forums, whether it be to just let people know "it's early and that could change" or "we won't do it because of X or Y" or even "hey, this is something we might consider doing because of the community's genuine interest and civil discussion explaining why it makes sense".

Is it just me or has is just been complete silence in regards to this on the official WoW forums? Or did I miss something?
    As far as I know, nothing. Complete silence, I think.

Yup Blizzard Silence™

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    No, the game MECHANICS use the holy light version of humans. Lore wise each race uses the holy light in a unique way. Blood elves don't follow human traditions they have the sunwell, tauren have anshe or however you spell it and trolls have the loa
    You're going to have to explain who the light loa is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    You're going to have to explain who the light loa is.
    You're going to have to explain who the Light is.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    When Blizzard made being a human Paladin a big deal that requires a lot of ceremony and rituals. Now human Paladin fans believe that is some sort of requirement, and that being a Paladin is something truly special.

- - - Updated - - -

"They only exist because this, and that, but they don't actually exist because reasons."

This is what we call mental gymnastics.
    Its not mental gymnastics its called common sense. Free thinkers only lore is related to the int plate which was needed because at the time they didn't have gear that could change primary stats based on spec/class .

Show me all the lore then related to Zandalari "paladins" other than a single mob and some gear.

Hell there is tons of more lore reasons why Void Elves should be able to be demon hunters then there are lore examples of Zandalari "paladins":

1. Xhul’horac is a void being capable of using fel. Several Broken have also been infused with void and fel.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowpedia View Post
    Demons were originally formed as a result of the Light and Void energies that had bled together at the borders of the Twisting Nether. They wield the Void as part of their arsenal. The nathrezim, otherwise known as dreadlords, are cunning, manipulative, and masters of the arts of shadow magic.[28] The Burning Legion is known to summon and bind Void creatures to serve them.
    3. Locks apparently use the void and fel as well. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Void

4. Void Elves are continually being created meaning its not just Umbric's followers.

5. Demon Hunters are willing to sacrifice much for the greater good meaning they are one of the few classes that would willingly become void infused for more power.

6. Blizzard doesn't care about the lvling non current lore which is why we have Nightborne helping (then killing) Garrosh years before they leave Suramar. If they did care they would have either completely redid the lvling experience, started allied races at 110, or implemented a quick quest that explains all the lvling you are doing is actually your character experiencing the memories of a member of the horde/alliance and have you "wake up" at 110 or something similar. They didn't do any of that tho so there shouldn't be a problem with void elves in the starter demon hunter or death knight zones. They could also have them start out at 20 if they really wanted people to lvl em, or disable earning heritage armor on em if they were worried about that.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Its not mental gymnastics its called common sense. Free thinkers only lore is related to the int plate which was needed because at the time they didn't have gear that could change primary stats based on spec/class .

Show me all the lore then related to Zandalari "paladins" other than a single mob and some gear.
    Again, mental gymnastics.

"Give me evidence."
    "Yeah here."
    "LOL THIS EVIDENCE DONT COUNT CAUSE I SAY SO."

10+ Year Old Account
    You're going to have to explain who the Light is.
    So far the light has been represented by things that....actually involve light.

Anshe is some light thing the taurens warship, the sunwell is light magic, the alliance its self explanatory.

But the loas, there just aren't any who seem to have the light, theres no loa naaru, or anything of the sort.

We've yet to see a single loa use -any- magic classified as light.

That's where your problem lies.

So far the light has been represented by things that....actually involve light.

Anshe is some light thing the taurens warship, the sunwell is light magic, the alliance its self explanatory.

But the loas, there just aren't any who seem to have the light, theres no loa naaru, or anything of the sort.

We've yet to see a single loa use -any- magic classified as light.

That's where your problem lies.
    Who is the light?

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    Spam Blizzard Twitter accounts every day from now until BFA reminding them about Paladin lore and Freethinkers and demand Zandalari Paladins.

This is how Dwarf Mage and Troll Warlocks were added during cata in the first place. People raised a humongous stink and they added them last minute.
    Take your harrassment campaign and put it where the sun don't shine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is the light?
    Oh idk that glowy bright magic thats classified ingame as "holy" school of magic.

show me a loa using the holy class of magic pls.

edit: check mate

Oh idk that glowy bright magic thats classified ingame as "holy" school of magic.

show me a loa using the holy class of magic pls.
    Show me a representation of the light.

Objectively one.

Xe'ra is the closest thing to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Show me a representation of the light.

Objectively one.

Xe'ra is the closest thing to it.
    You're reaching so hard to try and make zandalari paladins a thing.

If you can't understand the fact that blizzard controls who is "the light" and by their definition an'she, the sunwell and the naaru are "light/holy" then this isn't a winnable argument.

Because blizz says no loa is holy related, theres no holy loa to grant zandalari holy powers.

it's as simple as that.

It's blizzards game, you pay to play in it, don't like it? Unsub and go find another game that has troll paladins.