Page 38 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Well I get what those nay-sayers mean. They don't want for their "knight fantasy" to go away. I am also very unhappy with space goat "shamans" as imo the reasoning behind them is embarrasing. However I'd like a lot if Dark Irons would be the new shaman combo. Because they would bring something unique to the table, not exactly like Horde shamans, but morv volcano nation that is the closest to earthen you can get.

It's sad to also see how people are blind to potential Zandalari bring. Something completely unique and yet which has strong foundation, it wouldn't threat Knights of the Silver hand fantasy, not at all. It would just co-exist but with completely different theme, and lore behind it.
    This has been done with sunwalkers and blood knights, they have their own kit to the paladin class, were Zandalari would do the same. In the end we all do exactly the same, but just differently.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I'm not surprised people still refuse to accept that Zandalari have the equivalent of Paladins in lore already, I'm just disappointed that they try to hard to disprove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I'm not surprised people still refuse to accept that Zandalari have the equivalent of Paladins in lore already, I'm just disappointed that they try to hard to disprove it.
    They can keep trying. I'm not sure why they're so desperate. Funniest part is that they call people supporting Zandadins whiners/salty while they are generally the ones losing their shits. :b

People have this notion that all trolls are the same, but with the in-game lore and alpha knowledge so far, they are much more civilized than jungle trolls or the Darkspear. These are brute-force driven fighters, that look down on dexterity (-rogues) and value strength. They also prefer to supplement their brute force with "ancient magics." While shaman are another class that uses magic and force, it seems much more like they are using their weapons as tools to control the elements, rather than just backing their strikes with it, although that is just my interpretation. Nonetheless, Paladins still fit that bill perfectly, and with it being proven that Loa can grant holy powers, I don't understand why they couldn't back their brute force-like warrior attacks with ancient Loa magic to be paladins.

Quotes for some reference:

"Dexterity is not prized among Zandalari warriors: Brute force, backed by ancient magics, is the preferred combat style."

"There is no room for weakness among the Zandalari. Strength, ferocity, stamina, power: These are the traits by which success is measured." - These sound like warriors mostly, but with the "backed by ancient magics" line from the previous quote, only Paladin fits their "preferred combat style" definition.

"Adolescents prepare for their trials with years of training, communion with the spirits, and by tattooing sigils of power onto their skin." - This sounds very much like how I would imagine a Zandalari-themed Paladin in training. Communining with the Loa for power and inscribing runes of power to grant them aide from them. These mentioned trials are for proving their strength as well, which is another clue that communion with the Loa gives power (although this has already been proven).

I don't understand why people find Zandalari Paladins completely unreasonable. There would have to be no "lore-bending" to make it happen. It is all already there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexo View Post
    Zandalarii are with us since vanilla and yeah it kinda makes sense for them to be paladins, but it makes even more sense for them to be druids (dinomancers) or warlocks (because of Voodoo and stuff) and I guess blizz doesn't want to make them a one-race wonder that can do everything.
    Here is the thing I don't understand. How can you say that Zandalari dinomancers are more iconic when they only appeared in 5.2. but you dismiss Zandalari-paladin combo that can be tracked back to vanilla?

And how can you say that warlocks are more fitting to them when Zandalari are meant to be priest-caste strickly devoted to Loa?
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Blood elf paladins connected to the light ... ok so we can disregard anything that you have to say on this issue because you dont know wtf youre talking about
    Post TBC they pretty much are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    Post TBC they pretty much are.
    TBC had Blood Elf Paladins and they were still stealing a Naaru's light juice then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Here is the thing I don't understand. How can you say that Zandalari dinomancers are more iconic when they only appeared in 5.2. but you dismiss Zandalari-paladin combo that can be tracked back to vanilla?

And how can you say that warlocks are more fitting to them when Zandalari are meant to be priest-caste strickly devoted to Loa?
    I feel as though many here don't know enough to distinguish the Zandalari from the other troll races. While the others do dark magic and are sneaky, the Zandalari have a more honorable fighting style.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    this literally happens with zandalari too. both should be paladins and shamans.
    can you show me all of these mobs and all the spells they cast?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Trey303 View Post
    I feel as though many here don't know enough to distinguish the Zandalari from the other troll races. While the others do dark magic and are sneaky, the Zandalari have a more honorable fighting style.
    Yeah, some people keep talking about Zandalari like they're Darkspear or Amani.

I'd like those people to know that a Zandalari Troll would slap you for the implication.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    can you show me all of these mobs and all the spells they cast?
    zandalari paladin o dwarf shaman?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yeah, some people keep talking about Zandalari like they're Darkspear or Amani.

I'd like those people to know that a Zandalari Troll would slap you for the implication.
    Exactly. I see this race as being able to be all the classes a Tauren can be, with the slight change of being able to be a mage instead of a Deathknight, and without Monk. They are not savages, like many would suggest.

Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Shaman, Paladin, Druid.

- - - Updated - - -

A note as to why not ALL Zandalari would have light powers if they worshipped the Loa:

The Loa can grant different powers depending on the deity, and certain families and groups of cultures within Zandalar worship different Loas:

"Zandalari families often worship their own family loas, cities usually have their own civic deities, and the greatest loa are worshipped by the nation as a whole."

Which can lead to an understanding that a certain sub-group of Zandalari who worship a specific Loa can develop into a group of warriors blessed by a light-like power, making the group Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Funny how dark iron dwarves can be Paladins even though they've spent centuries sucking the dicks of the old gods through Ragnaros.
    Because the Light and Void haven't been directly opposed until post-Chronicles retcon BS. The Twilight's Hammer have Paladins. No name, generic Paladins that aren't the least bit special. Scores of them, in their very base of operations.
    Last edited by Lumineus; 2018-02-19 at 08:53 PM.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

7+ Year Old Account
    zandalari paladin o dwarf shaman?
    The zandalari paladins that there is so many of.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Because the Light and Void haven't been directly opposed until post-Chronicles retcon BS. The Twilight's Hammer have Paladins. No name, generic Paladins that aren't the least bit special. Scores of them, in their very base of operations.
    Void Paladins new allied race confirmed
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

7+ Year Old Account
    The zandalari paladins that there is so many of.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69927/zandalari-prelate

yet, people still ignore, or say it don't count because ~~reasons~~

7+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69927/zandalari-prelate

yet, people still ignore, or say it don't count because ~~reasons~~
    ok? a mob has 4 spells that have to do with light therefore paladin class for the whole race?
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=46203/twilight-vindicator

should void elves get paladins too? also should the minions of the old gods aswell?
    this one has 3, and all three are actual paladin spells, not just "hey i use light"

7+ Year Old Account
    ok? a mob has 4 spells that have to do with light therefore paladin class for the whole race?

should void elves get paladins too? also should the minions of the old gods aswell?
    this one has 3, and all three are actual paladin spells, not just "hey i use light"
    except this is a blood elf, and not a void elf

and blood elves are paladins

Pretty weird, but as someone mentioned before, this was before the Light and Void were made distinct opposites. Also, paladins would not fit into groups of void-dwellers or old god minions, because for one they would be unable to use it lore-wise, and also it doesn't make sense for them to want to. For Zandalari, however, their culture very clearly would be support Paladins and it would fit their combat style.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trey303 View Post
    Pretty weird, but as someone mentioned before, this was before the Light and Void were made distinct opposites. Also, paladins would not fit into groups of void-dwellers or old god minions, because for one they would be unable to use it lore-wise, and also it doesn't make sense for them to want to. For Zandalari, however, their culture very clearly would be support Paladins and it would fit their combat style.
    is not that weird, a former paladin joining the twilight cult would still maintain his former powers, Like Benedictus maintain his holy powers as a priest, that is not that hard to think of

Even if one start to worship a old god would still access the light, because don't matter what or who you worship, to wield the light one just need faith and willpower to do so