Poll: Rate Patch: 7.3.5

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    So Im wondering why I have to bore myself doing the same content I've done already and even in a slower pace. What's the idea behind heirlooms if you can't literally have a leverage outside gaining 4-5k extra exp per quest.

id give this patch a 3 out of 10.

Just returned. The requirements to unlock allied races without spending weeks on questing are just absurd.

The leveling experience is somehow ok but still could be faster and better.

The leveling is so tedious I cant do it. Thankfully I have every class at 100+ except mage which is stuck at like 93.

I'm not sure about WoD dungeons but up until level 100 Blackrock in cata is the hardest dungeon by far. The trash in that dungeon was super dangerous before the patch, but now it's literally ridiculous. Good coordination or a group of strong players is required to complete this dungeon which means it needs to be nerfed pretty hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alyajna View Post
    I'm leveling now and man I'm just so torn. I love, love, LOVE the scaling and being able to go where I want to quest. 20-60 (allied race) was slower then before, but I was enjoying it enough to not really care I was able to complete all of my favorite zones (darkshore, ashenvale, westfall, winterspring, duskwood) and avoid all the ones I hate. I even stayed in Winterspring until almost 62, just because I love that zone and I always finish it no matter what...

60-70 has been awful, though. It's SO SLOW. I can go where I want but the exp gains are just so slow and the quest are more "complex" then vanilla ones involving vehicles and long runs back and forth etc. I've had DMF buff and I still feel like my exp barely moves, it just really doesn't feel good.

Even with healer Q, it takes 30+ minutes to get into a dungeon too. I'm okay with the dungeon difficulty. They take longer, but it's still alright unless you get a tank that wants to ignore changes.

I haven't tried using a second account to spam dungeons. I never leveled that way before, but I see it being advised a lot more now and I feel like blizzard is going to put a stop to it. I think they need to address the players "need" to do this...

If they would just buff the exp rate, I would be really happy. I think it's okay 1-60, but so far 60+ is way too slow, even with 10% buff and speed level mentality. I am also doing this with a partner, I imagine it would be a lot worse alone as it would be pretty difficult to mass pull and one shot consistently with no downtime.
    The long dungeon ques are a result of too little xp and the content being to punishing for tanks and healers. If they increase the xp (of the mobs preferably) and dial back the health and damage slightly the que times should go back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Imo I think leveling shouldn't be as slow as it is with heirlooms and scaling has broken MANY things even outside of leveling. They should've waited until pre-patch release for scaling. As for content that is nearly 8 years old and everyone and their great grandparents have done it why should they make it slower and consider it to be a refreshing and new experience? Why are you taking away the purpose for buying heirlooms? You weakened the stats making them just XP stat sticks when they're not just to boost XP but make leveling more trivial with each heirloom piece you have. This change was obviously not thought out well and was rushed without a doubt. Not only is leveling in a terrible state but dungeons are nearly useless. There's no point to doing them again after completing their quests under 110. Even if you don't do them you're not missing out on anything when questing gives two times more worth in 20 minutes and gain 35% experience than doing a 35min dungeon and gaining about 15% experience. Takes 75-90 hours to get to 110 on average from 14-20 hours before 7.3.5

The biggest problem I've seen with this patch with the casual majority is the "rep lock". While I did not have a problem with this as I knew what the rep requirements were, new and returning players find themselves cheated by Blizzard after purchasing the expansion and finding out they cannot play what they've purchased. While Blizzard says they're listening I can guess they will not do anything about it excluding reducing the rep requirement to revered. If this is the case throughout BFA then we can expect hell throughout the entire expansion with the release of Zandalari and Dark Irons with the base patch and then Vulpera, Kul'tirans for the Alliance in the future and the Draenor Orcs and a race yet to be revealed alongside them supposedly to be released in the future patch of 8.1 or beyond.

I don't consider 7.3.5 a severely bad patch like 6.1 was, but a certainly rushed and not well thought out one. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best, 1 being the worst, a 4.

Sources:
    I dont feel a certain way about it, I just ran straight to the blizz store and purchased level boosts

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    I'm not sure about WoD dungeons but up until level 100 Blackrock in cata is the hardest dungeon by far. The trash in that dungeon was super dangerous before the patch, but now it's literally ridiculous. Good coordination or a group of strong players is required to complete this dungeon which means it needs to be nerfed pretty hard.

- - - Updated - - -

The long dungeon ques are a result of too little xp and the content being to punishing for tanks and healers. If they increase the xp (of the mobs preferably) and dial back the health and damage slightly the que times should go back to normal.
    Playing as a healer in a relatively low pop realm gets me almost instant queues. And no, dungeons are not punishing as long as the tank doesn't pull half the instance at the beginning, like it happened pre patch. As for dps, they can no longer pull, I just let them die and now it works

I don't mind it. Feels really nice to be able to stay in a zone to complete all the storylines, but at the same time it's taking fucking ages to level. Atm i'm happy with the change since it gives me time to work on loremaster before bfa, but idk how i'll feel about it when i want to level my zandalari troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slower levelling? I'm against it on principal
    7.whatever? no dark irons, 70 dollar expansion, I'm going to pass
    Wrath baby and proud of it

When i heard we got level scaling i was over the moon. What we got however. It was rather meh. its not really level scaling. its just a measure to make sure you are not outleveling zones. you still have to do the rather natural progression. I really wanna do icecrown on a new character. All of it. I still have to do boring tundra/fjords and so on and progress to icecrown. I couldn't just go straight there. So this so called level scaling was mediocre at best. Not what people wanted.

The fact that things die so slow now, it doesnt make the game any harder or more challenging. it just makes it even more tedius. My Nightborn got to lvl 39 and it stopped there. not going through this long boring ass grind for a ugly heritage armor everyone gonna run around in.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should have boosted the xp you get from heirlooms by 100-200% so the people that want to level up fast and have done all of those shit zones and quests multiple times, don't have to slow ass level it again if they want too level an allied race. The people that want this slow and boring leveling can just not use any heirloom gear and there you go, have fun with you're slow leveling.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Uh....most tanks used to be able to solo entire dungeons. I can't count the number of times I 2 or 3-manned entire runs. "semi-afk" was VERY accurate.
    Although true, I would say that those 2-3 man runs were either when X class was the "flavor of the week" so to speak, or
    again, they were doing content they were already outleveling/outgearing, or finally, the tank's themselves were particularly
    of a higher caliber of skill.

I'm not saying dungeons were hard in this time period before the patch, but I'm more than sure there were some extenuating
    factors involved that allowed players to do this. The heirloom gear immediately advancing into the next ilvl once someone hit
    that particular level cap was a big factor in allowing people to utterly destroy old-content dungeons, especially heroics.

The point was to show how broken the old system used to be. To show just how bad it could get, as evidence of how much the old leveling system needed to be updated.
    Again, I would harken that as to being those groups of players who were dead set on min-maxing, etc. I'd like to think that
    for most players, myself for example, I took my time leveling them.

It was also to show what people were used to being able to do, as an explanation for why so many people are bent out of shape that they actually have to play the game while leveling now that the changes 7.3.5 brought are in effect.
    That's silly. Even before, people were "playing" the game. Perhaps not in the way that some others liked, but as long
    as it wasn't cheating, they've a right to play how they want.

Most people probably didn't go as extreme as the video, but they certainly used many of the tricks and tactics individually to speed things up.
    As someone who has an alt for every class & spec, believe me, after the 3rd character, you really don't want to do the
    whole **long** grind to max level. There are twelve classes for players to explore, not including multiple races as well.
    In vanilla it was a fucking chore (it really was) to get to max level, something that for non-hardcore players would take
    a few months to achieve.

Now although these changes don't make leveling anywhere close to being as slow and grindy as it once was, it is, imo,
    a big step backward. Nerfing most forms of exp gain wasn't the solution. They've could've brought in all the changes
    and still leave the exp as it originally was and people would be fine. They would probably enjoy the leveling process
    even more since it will feel quick, but also engaging. Now it feels slow, VERY slow. And leveling 1 (or 20) to level 110
    is a VERY long grind, let's be honest.

And those are not the types of players who are currently in the forums bitching about how leveling takes too long. Most of those more casual players have expressed approval and enjoyment of the new system. The players I was referring to would absolutely use as many shortcuts as possible. And they're absolutely many of the same people who are now complaining.
    I think for people who are altoholics and like playing/leveling multiple characters (such as myself), the changes are
    going to be a big and very unnecessary interference. There was simply put, no legitimate reason for the change.
    After doing it "the original way" multiple times, there should be a means to lessen the process when you've been
    through it far more than once.

The only thing I could say is that it was done to further off-handedly promote the idea for players to buy boosts. I
    don't entirely subscribe to that theory, but there have been some things that do somewhat raise an eyebrow for me.

I put good.

The leveling change is fine, but I avoid it by powerleveling with a 110 through instances as I've done the content 20 times, I don't need to do it again but slower.

And if people rush to buy the expansion without reading the words right under the pre-purchase button, they can't complain about being "cheated"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Imo I think leveling shouldn't be as slow as it is with heirlooms and scaling has broken MANY things even outside of leveling. They should've waited until pre-patch release for scaling. As for content that is nearly 8 years old and everyone and their great grandparents have done it why should they make it slower and consider it to be a refreshing and new experience? Why are you taking away the purpose for buying heirlooms? You weakened the stats making them just XP stat sticks when they're not just to boost XP but make leveling more trivial with each heirloom piece you have. This change was obviously not thought out well and was rushed without a doubt. Not only is leveling in a terrible state but dungeons are nearly useless. There's no point to doing them again after completing their quests under 110. Even if you don't do them you're not missing out on anything when questing gives two times more worth in 20 minutes and gain 35% experience than doing a 35min dungeon and gaining about 15% experience. Takes 75-90 hours to get to 110 on average from 14-20 hours before 7.3.5

The biggest problem I've seen with this patch with the casual majority is the "rep lock". While I did not have a problem with this as I knew what the rep requirements were, new and returning players find themselves cheated by Blizzard after purchasing the expansion and finding out they cannot play what they've purchased. While Blizzard says they're listening I can guess they will not do anything about it excluding reducing the rep requirement to revered. If this is the case throughout BFA then we can expect hell throughout the entire expansion with the release of Zandalari and Dark Irons with the base patch and then Vulpera, Kul'tirans for the Alliance in the future and the Draenor Orcs and a race yet to be revealed alongside them supposedly to be released in the future patch of 8.1 or beyond.

I don't consider 7.3.5 a severely bad patch like 6.1 was, but a certainly rushed and not well thought out one. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best, 1 being the worst, a 4.

Sources:
    Really? A new thread about the leveling when there's already been 2848283?

Deleted
    Ahh look, it's Tennis at it again.

I don't really care about the other things the patch brought. Leveling, however... far better than the one-shot-chainpull-faceroll charade it was before, especially in the 1-60 areas. Areas above that are made much better than before by giving more alternatives -- you can go to Northrend at lvl 60 and skip Outland altogether, for example. Or stay in Outland until level 80, if you have something wrong in your head.

And I enjoy the rivers of tears shed by worthless idiots in dungeons; idiotic rushers who got used to chain pulling everything non-stop, and now get squished if they try that. Those people are the biggest issue that's wrong in this game; they are arrogant, dumb and bad, and they deserve to feel bad a thousand times over.

Quote Originally Posted by Skr View Post
    Blizzard will remove the requirements for unlocking the currently available Allied Races as soon as they release BfA, I'm sure of it. They are not a fan of "doing outdated content in order to stay relevant to the current one"
    Allied races aren't relevant to your gameplay at all. They are just cosmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    thousand times over.

Allied races aren't relevant to your gameplay at all. They are just cosmetic.
    If they were just cosmetic they would have the same racials as the base race they came from.

While i don't hate the changes the time it takes to level is on the wrong side of tedious for me.

I like it, honestly. Already have every class (multiple of some even) at 110, but i actually enjoy leveling a char once in a while, and the zone changes are great. No longer forced to swap areas, interrupt storylines, etc. It has issues, sure, but it's a vast improvement (in regards to the zone scaling).

As for the difficulty and time required, it doesn't bother me. What i find amusing are some 'legacy mobs', lets call them, that just rip you a new on. There i was leveling my aff lock, pulling 5-6 mobs with CoA\Corruption, bla bla, when suddenly random Arcane Constructs and some type of Trolls (in Ghostlands) decide to chain stun\interrupt me, not allowing me to sustain with drain soul, and bam, no running away with daze. That was like unconceivable in WoW for the past 9-10 years, since wotlk most likely, and until this change. Sure, leveling is still easy overall, but i liked those curve balls.

Also, if you're in such a hurry to get 110, just buy a boost via tokens and be done with it. Gold is very easy to obtain, more so since Garrisons\Order Halls were a thing... "oh, but mah heritage armorrrrs"... not like it's account wide, so who cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think overall it is good, except for level 60-80 range which is torture.