4/11 Shadow Priest in need of a lot of help! 959 ilvl

Logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/NytxYvAb6zBmLP8M
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Y3CdR2hbrcT9Q4JM

Gear:
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...nemaul/alaidia

Background:
    I recently was accepted to trial in a 7/11 guild as shadow, the spec i want to play, coming from a 4/11 guild where I'm the swing healer. So my current gear is very lacking, as I was never prioritized for any trinkets since only people who played the role full time would be allowed to roll on them. This dug me in a hole since I missing an Acrid trinket still sadly. I also have been very unlucky, due to switching specs so often, that I do not have all my shadow legendaries, and of course the ONE I'm missing is the belt. my gear was balanced around needing to play both holy and shadow, with more of an emphasis on holy. I did my best to get what Haste I can and I know I need as much as possible without the belt. I'm not sure if I've over done it on the haste or if my crit is suffering.
    based on my performance lately, I do feel something must be missing out my rotation or fundamentals, I realize i am at very low ilvl comparatively but I feel like my logs should reflect that and I should be able to at least be purple ranked in my ilvl. I'd really appreciate if anyone would tear me apart and tell me what I'm doing wrong so i can practice to improve it. I've never had to work for a raid spot before and I don't plan on riding a bench because I was too arrogant to ask for help. The first set of logs are my old 4/11 guild and the second set is my new 7/11 guild. Thank you for any time and consideration you'll give me.

dat fucking neck. Do you have any mythic logs? not having belt suck but you really need to work in your vf uptime and you arent going to parse well in heroic when everyone in that group outgear you by almost 10ilvl, in garothi you droped very early twice, you died in dogos, your void forms in shivarra is bad. Its seem like you are using mindbender around 30 stack, dont do it if you cant guarantee that you are going to stay in void form for the duration of mindbender, so try using mindbender around 25-27 stacks, shadow is all about consistently doing the cycle, your dps is going to plummet if you drop out earlier then you enter the next VF with mindbender still active or with like 35+ seconds of cooldown, that vf is going to suck too.

THos early drops were because of phases. Sadly my windows for voidform just literally weren’t long enough to get max stacks. The first set of logs might be a better tale of my rotation since I’m not in a 970 Zerg group.

With coven though I have trouble doting all the adds and maintaining a proper rotation. Any advice?

Also is my gear correctly stated? I have about 18k haste

Edit: I think all my mythic logs currently are as a healer sadly

Deleted
    I'm playing with around 16,5k haste usually because that's what my gear allows me to and that's what i need to keep the 1min cycles, basically you always wanna get as close to 55vf stacks as possible and you should play with the amount of haste you need to get there. Playing spriest is a lot about planning about what gonna happen when in your voidforms and trying to move as little as possible. Like on Kingaroth you could delay your first voidform by like 3-5secs if you have a hard time keeping voidform up when adds are about to spawn. So basically you can try to always play around that when adds is gonna spawn your either far enough into voidform so it's fine to drop it or short enough that you can live without attacking for 1 or 2 secs.
    As Clrg said you pretty much never wanna enter voidform when cooldown on mindbender is 31secs or more since you won't get full use of your mindbender and your dps will suffer.

Not having belt sucks since you lose a few mindblasts during the fights because you always wanna use void bolt on cd, and you preferably wanna multidot after every cast of void bolt on bosses like coven.
    Coven is also a special case with mindbender since it's a bit retarded so you preferably wanna keep to it attacking 1 target while multidotting the rest so the mindbender stays on one target attacking and isn't running around.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaidia View Post
    THos early drops were because of phases. Sadly my windows for voidform just literally weren’t long enough to get max stacks. The first set of logs might be a better tale of my rotation since I’m not in a 970 Zerg group.

With coven though I have trouble doting all the adds and maintaining a proper rotation. Any advice?

Also is my gear correctly stated? I have about 18k haste

Edit: I think all my mythic logs currently are as a healer sadly

That's way too much haste ... you may have heard haste is everything for shadow, but in high ilvl Antorus gear, the top players have been dropping haste in favor of more crit. (eg. - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...alganis/loochy , running 12.3k , 12k crit). I was skeptical at first to do this ... but dropping from 16k down to about 13.5k recently, I've seen an increase in my dps as well. Just make sure you get rid of as much mastery/vers as possible, because those stats suck big time for shadow.

The biggest problem I think shadow has with maximising it's dps really is managing movement during raid encounters. The biggest loss in dps is dropping out of shadowform way too early, and learning how to maximise your stacks during an encounter that requires medium to heavy movement is critical.
    Last edited by rumbelly; 2018-02-20 at 08:48 PM.