Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Insult to injury would be, "if you want to play a brown Orc, you need to join the Alliance".

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Random idea: what if Saurfang's wish to speak to Anduin is somehow related to the infamous "three lies" he's meant to offer us? (because yes, "the boy king" is obviously Anduin, too many characters have started to call him that way).
    I just don't see the reason why Saurfang wouldn't want to get out with the rest but instead opts for this unnecessary "stalling" or whatever he thinks he's doing. What would he and Anduin even speak about? I mean Saurfang is in no position to negotiate on Horde's behalf. Maybe I am just being pessimistic but considering stark contrast they've been setting up between Anduin and Sylvanas and with everything that happened so far, this just looks to me like typical prince charming impresses old veteran warrior type of scenario.

I hope I am wrong though because that is totally unlike Saurfang imo and I literally can't stomach Anduin. It still like to believe that Vol'Jin chose Sylvanas to be warchief for a reason but scenario like that would shit all over that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Random idea: what if Saurfang's wish to speak to Anduin is somehow related to the infamous "three lies" he's meant to offer us? (because yes, "the boy king" is obviously Anduin, too many characters have started to call him that way).
    How the hell would saurfang even know about "Three lies" to begin with ? I kinda doubt whoever defeated emerald nightmare were openly talking about whispers in their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    How the hell would saurfang even know about "Three lies" to begin with ? I kinda doubt whoever defeated emerald nightmare were openly talking about whispers in their heads.
    Anduin told Saurfang in front of us that his father respected Saurfang. The old orc knows for sure Arthas didn't so he is just calling out a lie without knowing about the "three lies" thing.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    I still like to believe that Vol'Jin chose Sylvanas to be warchief for a reason.
    The loa of Marketing
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    And yet she did absolutely nothing to Thalen with "all her might".
    And?Why should her unleash her full might agaisn't something minuscular?

Not only that, but the jaina of that time was a more peaceful one, she wouldn't go to kill.Unlike now.

Not shure what your post implies.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    And?Why should her unleash her full might agaisn't something minuscular?

Not only that, but the jaina of that time was a more peaceful one, she wouldn't go to kill.Unlike now.

Not shure what your post implies.
    Perhaps that Jaina's power has never been consistent, and has been inflated for the sake of stories as it often is for multiple characters?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Perhaps that Jaina's power has never been consistent, and has been inflated for the sake of stories as it often is for multiple characters?
    Honestly its kinda cringeworthy how they imply thallysra is no match for her.

You mean like half if not every character present in the history?

This is nothing new, but at least in this moment is not out of the realm of possibility because we know Jaina is a Powerfull Frost mage.

If we suddenly saw her being a master of the Arcane or Fire then yeah, that would be wierd.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Where does the city burn in this one? Plus, is was all primarily in the benefit of the Horde, was the Alliance was wasting their troups to liberate the Hords Capital from a tyrant who was in this moment primarily only harming the Horde.

It seems you forgot about theramore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post

Why can't this lie just drop dead? Alliance attacks the Horde in Silithus first. Muh innocent Alliance reactors.
    Right. Because horde attacking teldrassil followed up immediately with alliance to then attack undercity in retaliation isn't reactionary. Don't be daft. If things were actually different they would make their own moves that don't always correlate with the others move. They won't do that, because Blizzard is creatively bankrupt.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Where does the city burn in this one? Plus, is was all primarily in the benefit of the Horde, was the Alliance was wasting their troups to liberate the Hords Capital from a tyrant who was in this moment primarily only harming the Horde.
    "Wasting their troops" when Varian literally says he hoped to exploit the rebellion exactly to preserve them. Alliance delusions are fascinating, no wonder you guys see HORDE BIAS behind every corner.

But yeah, giving two fucks about Garrosh would have been pure genius for sure, since the fact that Garrosh's ultimate goal remained the utter destruction of the Alliance doesn't actually matter, or the fact that fighting alongside the rebellion remained as well the best chance the Alliance had to bring Garrosh down. Indeed, the Alliance should have been smarter there. No doubt I would have loved to see Stormwind set on fire by a swarm of Dragonmaw proto-drakes and covered by Old God jelly shit from the King's throne all the way to the port.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    I just don't see the reason why Saurfang wouldn't want to get out with the rest but instead opts for this unnecessary "stalling" or whatever he thinks he's doing. What would he and Anduin even speak about? I mean Saurfang is in no position to negotiate on Horde's behalf. Maybe I am just being pessimistic but considering stark contrast they've been setting up between Anduin and Sylvanas and with everything that happened so far, this just looks to me like typical prince charming impresses old veteran warrior type of scenario.

I hope I am wrong though because that is totally unlike Saurfang imo and I literally can't stomach Anduin. It still like to believe that Vol'Jin chose Sylvanas to be warchief for a reason but scenario like that would shit all over that.
    It just doesn't make any sense. There's no reason whatsoever for why Saurfang should suddenly fall in love with Anduin when the moment he was captured, in spite of Anduin's corny words, he basically mocked the boy king's chances of survival.

What, he should suddenly start to dislike Sylvanas that much out of the blue and plot with the enemy (something a character like Saurfang would never do, he would rather confront Sylvanas face-to-face if he had any real issue with her) because he was treated kindly during his imprisonment? Do anyone believe he would seriously give a shit about that compared to the shame (by orc's standards) of being captured, imprisoned and chained rather than being granted an honorable death? Just because Anduin considers that a form of respect doesn't absolutely mean an Orc interpret it the same way. He doesn't even owe Anduin anything, it was Varian who let Saurfang to take Dranosh away, Anduin being Varian's son does not automatically make him worthy of praise for something he didn't do himself. At the very most it may lead Saurfang to spare Anduin's life out of respect for Varian, at least the first time; the second time he would kill him either way.

I never meant he knows about that, more that what he intends to do may be indirectly linked to those "three lies".
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2018-02-10 at 12:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

I seriously hope Saurfang doesn't spend half the expansion in the Stockades.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never meant he knows about that, more that what he intends to do may be indirectly linked to those "three lies".
    Oh i see, my bad then.

Which makes me wonder...what lie anduin had to tell saurfang for him to sell us out ?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Oh i see, my bad then.

Which makes me wonder...what lie anduin had to tell saurfang for him to sell us out ?
    “I’ll hook you up with Aunty Jaina”
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Yay Horde xd

Deleted
    Generally though jaina's been the most powerfull mage(except for queen azshara perhaps) and dalaran the most power magic power on azeroth.

You could blame this for Jaina develpment was during a time where character importance = power. But after she got that lightning power it makes sense.
    Admittingly she was always the most powerful teleporter and could be very lame by force teleporting others over volcanoes, but it's kind of a lame element just like the manabomb at theramore.
    While with dalaran it is mainly 'neutral' so it didn't compete in faction who is the best and dalaran had a lot of atention. But it also makes sense as it's the centre of magic school and research of azeroth where even high elves came to train and Dragonflights came to interact. Add to that that they also went across the world to research stuff and experiment at home with spells.

While with the High Elves, they had much stricter rules on magic teachings and it together with Suramar staid very isolated.
    The weakness of Dalaran however is that it feels like the majority of it's magiciens arn't combat mages and are more proficient in magic research and other things. This conclusion i draw by how prominent the Elven Enclaves were as military forces in Dalaran.

Suramar is heavily magic orientated city with some insane magic expertise. It's more magic orientated that Quel'thelas without a doubt.
    But if the nightwell is no more, or greatly weakened than their heavily strugling with getting enough fruit to stop people from dying and have to redo their infrastructure that was so dependant on it. Add to it that their magic depended on it as well could mean they need to relearn magic to a certain extend.
    Thalyssra especially was extremely weakened almost turning into a wretched which could have lasting weakening effect on her.
    While gamewise Suramar probably recovered already in the infrastructure and the nightwell adiction (because the recovery speed of nations has the speed of 5-15 years between expansions).
    It could still have lasting effects on their magic usage that takes longer to regain.

Deleted
    The only point where I saw something about Thalyssra saying they need to retreat was when the arcane nullifying field was put up and she said she couldn't cast anything as long as this is up. Talanji broke a small part of the field with the Light and then they started fighting again.

Was there some other part where she says they can't fight that I missed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    “I’ll hook you up with Aunty Jaina”
    That's indeed a lie, old Saurfang needs no third parties to win a lady's heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    Was there some other part where she says they can't fight that I missed?
    The first time Rokhan's team meets Jaina, is Thalyssra saying clear and straight that they couldn't fight her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

It just doesn't make any sense. There's no reason whatsoever for why Saurfang should suddenly fall in love with Anduin when the moment he was captured, in spite of Anduin's corny words, he basically mocked the boy king's chances of survival.

What, he should suddenly start to dislike Sylvanas that much out of the blue and plot with the enemy (something a character like Saurfang would never do, he would rather confront Sylvanas face-to-face if he had any real issue with her) because he was treated kindly during his imprisonment? Do anyone believe he would seriously give a shit about that compared to the shame (by orc's standards) of being captured, imprisoned and chained rather than being granted an honorable death? Just because Anduin considers that a form of respect doesn't absolutely mean an Orc interpret it the same way. He doesn't even owe Anduin anything, it was Varian who let Saurfang to take Dranosh away, Anduin being Varian's son does not automatically make him worthy of praise for something he didn't do himself. At the very most it may lead Saurfang to spare Anduin's life out of respect for Varian, at least the first time; the second time he would kill him either way.
    Agreed. That's actually what I hope for. If they're gonna stay true to Saurfang's portrayal I could see him sparing Anduin's life once if it ever comes to that (to honor Varian) but nothing more than that. I mean there's no doubt that Saurfang is not exactly overjoyed with Sylvanas' methods, but plotting with Anduin to any extent would be just straight up bs. He's type of person who would tell Sylvanas directly what's bothering him if not even straight up challenge her to Mak'gora.

Only thing that's bothering me in that whole scenario was Saurfang staying behind. I mean it could be that he genuinely meant to stall Anduin, but after everything that happens I just feel like it was a waste because half of Stormwind is aware of prisoners escaping. It also seemed like Saurfang had ulterior motive and wasn't telling us everything but I guess it's still to early to judge that whole thing properly.