Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Bulking:

Pre workout: Usually Lit because its the best shit out there
    Creatine
    BCAA: Cellucor makes a solid BCAA, Lit just came out with a line thats pretty solid as well
    Whey: Usually its optimum

Side note, I get a lot of supps for free as a brand ambassador, cellucor dumps products on me to try, I usually go out of my whey (hehe) to buy my ONI protein for bulking

Cutting (currently in this cycle):

Fat burner/metabolizer: Slimvancer right now, its been doing a great job making me poop more, and its pushing out a ton of water weight, im starting to get super dry and its still a couple months until summer! im going to be around 7-8% body fat this year!
    Pre workout: same as above
    BCAA: Same as above, its so crucial to push a ton of liquid through your system with a fat burner/creatine, its literally what makes it work.

Im not sure I will ever be bulking again, I have done the cycle the last 10 years and now that im coming up on 29 I want to try and maintain my mass for a few years and stay lean for health reasons, be that shredded 40 year old lmao. I hit the big milestones, 3 plates on bench, 4 plates on squats, and 6 plates on deads, so im pretty happy with that.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is ur height weight and waist size
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    I guess you can look at it that way. But are you aware how insulin works in the body? Diabetics eventually suffer from their insulin levels being insufficient because the body cannot produce enough so they need to regulate their insulin levels through treatment. If they use too much insulin the body starts to not respond to the treatment. Why do you think pure concentrate protein would be any different where potentially the body could stop responding to breaking down the protein because of the delivery and protein mass. Thats how most things work with the body, you use too much it starts coming back on you in ways you never imagine
    someone missed biology class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SLSAMG View Post
    Then you don't have time to be working out either if you can't prepare meals beforehand. Honestly, what the fuck was the point of your post? There's lots of solid advise here.

Are you the village idiot of mmo-champion?

People eat smaller more frequent meals because it's better for metabolism. 6 small > 3 big.
    the mother of all broscientists here. All the crap you have written in this thread is some of the dumbest shit ive ever seen.

BTW there are NUMEROUS studies done on meal frequency and NONE of them say 6 meals > 3. 3-4/day is shown to be the most optimal number. That increasing metabolism horseshit has been disproved YEARS ago.

And from the studies you posted you seem to only read abstracts. We like to call them abstract scientists.
    Last edited by Zelion; 2018-02-17 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelion View Post
    Care to elaborate? Or did you just want to write a one liner arnold schwarzenegger style?

I'm not claiming to be a scientist. But I don't think its that crazy to suggest the body can become highly tolerant to things you over consume like any other drug. If you have some points to counter it id love to hear it. Otherwise save the smart ass bullshit for someone else.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Care to elaborate? Or did you just want to write a one liner arnold schwarzenegger style?

I'm not claiming to be a scientist. But I don't think its that crazy to suggest the body can become highly tolerant to things you over consume like any other drug. If you have some points to counter it id love to hear it. Otherwise save the smart ass bullshit for someone else.
    You cant compare insulin, a hormone, and its disorders with protein, which is essentially food. It just doesnt work like that.

10+ Year Old Account

Tbh, if you need the protein you're not over consuming it. So whereas the average person will need X amount of protein, if you are lifting weights and exercising you will need X + your extra needs. That's the way I look at it.

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

the mother of all broscientists here. All the crap you have written in this thread is some of the dumbest shit ive ever seen.

BTW there are NUMEROUS studies done on meal frequency and NONE of them say 6 meals > 3. 3-4/day is shown to be the most optimal number. That increasing metabolism horseshit has been disproved YEARS ago.

And from the studies you posted you seem to only read abstracts. We like to call them abstract scientists.
    x2
    Repped.

Was having a good laugh reading through the first few pages. At least someone has a bit of an understanding.
    I use none, and I think they are unhealthy/potentially dangerous.

The body has no need for that much pure protein.

Protein from meat is so much better as well because it also has amino acids which are important.
    Lol. Proteins are chains of amino acids.

Excess protein stores as fat.
    No it doesn't. Only in the most extreme cases would your body convert protein to fat. No situation anyone eating a normal diet would encounter. Excess calories will result in fat storage, but your body prioritizes storing fat itself as fat, not protein or carbs.

Its pretty common knowledge that when you want to gain muscle mass, more smaller meals is better than less large meals.

You keep the engine burning better that way.
    "Common knowledge" in health/fitness circles is rarely accurate. Just because some bro at the gym does it, doesn't mean their results are because of some nonsense they partake in. They get results in spite of their habits. Either way, the difference is minimal. People should just eat in whatever manner makes them feel and perform best.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

*Yawn* Likewise...

BTW, there are NUMEROUS studies done that fit my narrative as well.

Call them whatever you want, they still have validity behind their conclusions unlike your ridiculous notion.

You don't have a degree in sports science, nor are you a dietitian...

I have such a tight schedule that I don't have time to consume big high calorie meals in under 4 sittings. Myself, I eat 6-7 meals a day because that's what works for me. I'm taking in about 3700 calories a day so if I had to break that up into 3 meals, that would be too much food to consume at each sitting - which would make me lethargic and bloated. Ultimately, it's your lifestyle that plays a major part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    x2
    Repped.

Was having a good laugh reading through the first few pages. At least someone has a bit of an understanding.

Lol. Proteins are chains of amino acids.

No it doesn't. Only in the most extreme cases would your body convert protein to fat. No situation anyone eating a normal diet would encounter. Excess calories will result in fat storage, but your body prioritizes storing fat itself as fat, not protein or carbs.

"Common knowledge" in health/fitness circles is rarely accurate. Just because some bro at the gym does it, doesn't mean their results are because of some nonsense they partake in. They get results in spite of their habits. Either way, the difference is minimal. People should just eat in whatever manner makes them feel and perform best.
    Another deluded/ignorant buffoon.
    Last edited by SLSAMG; 2018-03-06 at 03:09 AM. Reason: I'm tired, too many typo's

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    best place to ask fitness and diet advice from a bunch of neckbeards who sit at their computers all day and cosign with pseudo-science and bullshit fuckery they read in mens health magazine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    best place to ask fitness and diet advice from a bunch of neckbeards who sit at their computers all day and cosign with pseudo-science and bullshit fuckery they read in mens health magazine.
    No shit, right? I bet half of these kids don't even frequent bodybuilding.com - let alone are regulars on the board.

Bunch of monitor tanned fuckboys up in here...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    So your solution is finding a new job. Fantastic.
    Not at all what I was implying.

I guess you can look at it that way. But are you aware how insulin works in the body? Diabetics eventually suffer from their insulin levels being insufficient because the body cannot produce enough so they need to regulate their insulin levels through treatment. If they use too much insulin the body starts to not respond to the treatment. Why do you think pure concentrate protein would be any different where potentially the body could stop responding to breaking down the protein because of the delivery and protein mass. Thats how most things work with the body, you use too much it starts coming back on you in ways you never imagine
    The reason we would think so is because it does. Basing protein uptake on glucose uptake is a bit like reading a gardening magazine to learn about cars.

Taking protein shakes when you already eat enough protein is worse than eating a candy bar. Breaking down the protein to energy strains your kidneys. Too much protein is not dangerous obviously but it isn't healthy either. Mostly if does nothing for your muscles and it tastes like shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Your ignorance knows no bounds, lmao.... Keep being willfully ignorant and ignoring science and fact.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4650143/
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25096780
    https://scholar.google.com/scholar?s...en&as_sdt=0,10
    https://scholar.google.com/scholar?h...o+biloba&btnG=

The list goes on.... I could continue but I'd be wasting my time...

Facts don't care about your feelings, you deluded little prat. The only dullard here is you.

infracted - minor flaming
    A test with 13 participants over 6 days and no follow up. ...and why have you listed a bunch of Google searches?

15+ Year Old Account
    No shit, right? I bet half of these kids don't even frequent bodybuilding.com - let alone are regulars on the board.

- - - Updated - - -

Not at all what I was implying.
    What's your username so I can neg you into oblivion?

I take Yohimbine HCL before cardio. I'm aware that it's most effective for people who are <10% BF range, but it can have some effect on 13%ers like me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    What's your username so I can neg you into oblivion?
    Yeah you'd like that, wouldn't you? A smart guy like you? It shouldn't be too hard for you to figure out.

Pro-tip - I don't post in the misc and I've been a member since their inception.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you'd like that, wouldn't you? A smart guy like you? It shouldn't be too hard for you to figure out.

Pro-tip - I don't post in the misc and I've been a member since their inception.
    And you still don't know anything? I wouldn't go around bragging about that. Lmao

Edit: No posts with the same username. That's as far as I'm digging.
    Last edited by Swampmoose; 2018-03-06 at 05:47 AM.

Dude, you embarrassed yourself by your ignorance, got banned for raging on an online forum and now you're back showing an amazing lack of self awareness

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're not on SARMs you're just cheating yourself.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheCherriesLover View Post
    Dude, you embarrassed yourself by your ignorance, got banned for raging on an online forum and now you're back showing an amazing lack of self awareness
    Oh look, another passive-aggressive keyboard warrior. There's plenty of people on here that deserved temp bans for sending me threatening/harassing PM's as well.

There's plenty of ignorant people on this board, but I'm definitely not one of them

What's your BMI and fat percentage anyway? I'll bet you don't even lift *yawn*.

And fyi - trolling is grounds for temp bans as well so you've been very fortunate in that regard.
    Last edited by SLSAMG; 2018-03-07 at 05:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    If you're not on Tren you're just cheating yourself.
    Fixed. 10char

lot of guys have already hit the nail on the head but if your nutrition/sleep/training aren't in check, supps FOR TRAINING are pointless. for general health, vit D and fish oil should do the job.

general health-
    NOW foods Vitamind D, 5k IU
    Fish oil, Biotest Flameout
    SOMETIMES a digestive enzyme pill from NOW Foods, if I'm eating an enormous meal (3k calories or more)

yes the calorie count is accurate, I intermittent fast and train pretty hard so my my calorie total is usually around 4k for a training day.

training supps-
    protein powder (it's really just food when you think about it), Biotest Metabolic Drive
    creatine monohydrate, Biotest brand

also, the "protein strains your kidneys" stuff is pretty questionable. definitely no need to consume more than you need (1 g/lbs is easy to follow, but studies show around .7-.8 is sufficient for lifters), but the science shows (even in longitudinal research) that even though the kidneys work harder to filtrate with higher protein consumption, there's no evidence that it puts them at risk. probably should ease your mind on protein consumption (again, as long as not overconsuming by huge margins).