Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    It's funny how smug people act on here about it but the reality is that there are plenty of casual fans who didn't read the small text in the purchase details and don't keep up with WoW news and have no reason to check the bnet app. A few of my friends pre-purchased then immediately refunded within moments of finding out the reputation requirements lol. Some people really don't want to do daily quests.
    Casual fans don't pre-purchase the game when it still in alpha. Casual players, like myself, still keep up with the news and have had plenty of time to meet the requirements. I Don't raid and have only done a dungeon outside of normal, a heroic dungeon, once so I can't bring myself to feel sorry for people.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Casual fans don't pre-purchase the game when it still in alpha. Casual players, like myself, still keep up with the news and have had plenty of time to meet the requirements. I Don't raid and have only done a dungeon outside of normal, a heroic dungeon, once so I can't bring myself to feel sorry for people.
    Give it up for the all knowing SHADOW.....MAAAAAAY-TRRRRRRIX!
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Blizzard hasn't done a very good job using their very own website to deliver news, or requirements, it is all left to 3rd party sites
    The information is clearly on the Blizzard website, and there is additional links through the bnet launcher.

Look, I get people being excited to return to wow and try them out! Nothing is stopping them doing so. But everything about allied races has been marketed as Recruiting them, and so you will just have to play the game to do so.

If you don't want to, get a refund.

Or you know, just be sensible with your money in the first place and know what you're getting into.
    Last edited by Byleth; 2018-02-09 at 04:10 AM.
    Here is something to believe in!

Jesus whats next, people complaining when BFA is released that they bought the game for the new raids but can't do them because they didnt level to max?

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    The information is clearly on the Blizzard website, and there is additional links through the bnet launcher.

Look, I get people being excited to return to wow and try them out! Nothing is stopping them doing so. But everything about allied races has been marketed as Recruiting them, and so you will just have to play the game to do so.

If you don't want to get a refund.

Or you know, just be sensible with your money in the first place and know what you're getting into.
    The information is on the site, clearly is debatable.

Blizzard should have been a lot more straight forward about the process of getting said races, compared to previous expansions. I have the rep several times over, but I haven't bought it yet, tbh it seems like WoD 2.0 to me..

This is clearly a way to get people to stick around longer during the content drought. Anyone sensible with money isn't spending it on video games that don't exist yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyes View Post
    Jesus whats next, people complaining when BFA is released that they bought the game for the new raids but can't do them because they didnt level to max?
    What's next, you complaining about people complaining? Oh wait...

A lot of people who live on this site will have no compassion for this simple mistake that a lot of folks made. Blizzard hasn't done a very good job using their very own website to deliver news, or requirements, it is all left to 3rd party sites.

Long time, uninformed players got the short end of the stick this time around, like you had said:
    Huh? Not only is it in a giant paragraph right below the buy button but Blizzard themselves have talked about these requirements a lot.

The short end of the stick you're referring to is luck. You'd get lucky enough to make the right purchase from an uninformed stance. Obviously the more uninformed you are, the worse that luck gets.

Intelligence gets you far in life for a reason.
    Nope.

Last edited by Goldielocks; 2018-02-09 at 04:25 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    You're making the same mistake as others, assuming that a lot of player keep tabs on fansites and detailed news. Most people... do not.
    https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...le-for-azeroth

people not being able to read has nothing to do with fansites or keeping tabs on detailed news, it clearly says you need rep on the buy page.

If you say so MAU.
    Cyclical players were more and more catered to with every passing year. To the point people started asking what's the point of staying subbed, better unsub until next generous catch up. What's wrong with rewarding players who played, once for a change?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Huh? Not only is it in a giant paragraph right below the buy button but Blizzard themselves have talked about these requirements a lot.

The short end of the stick you're referring to is luck. You'd get lucky enough to make the right purchase from an uninformed stance. Obviously the more uninformed you are, the worse that luck gets.

Intelligence gets you far in life for a reason.
    Nope.

Resolution matters, test a more average res.

The rest of your post is gold.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by acer1234 View Post
    Very upset right now... so let me vent.

BC: click and play blood elves and draenei.
    Cata: worgens and goblins? Yep login and create a new one.
    Panda land: free pandas for everyone.

Now come on here. I just spend $50 for the new expansion and $15 for 1 month. And your telling me I can't play the new races? I'm a returning player that obviously doesn't have the achievement or rep. I felt like I was scammed out of $65. I came back just to play and lvl a new race...

Edit.

Ok I get it. I dun-goffed. I will be honest, I didn't read the small text. I was more excited about about playing again I quickly clicked through the purchase process. I can't be the only one. Maybe saying scammed wasn't the right way to word it. But I didn't know how else to. And for the ones saying we have know for months. Well I didn't? I havnt been on any fan site or watched any videos in months. I knew nothing. Sorry gezz.
    so refund it, talk to support saying "i didnt know i needed to unlock the race" and refund it.
    also you have
    150 posts here 84 of them threads (meaning 50% of your posts are threads you start, making it seem like your a massive troll who starts a thread, says 1 thing then leave, just to start shit, i have 37 started threads, and look at how many posts i have...))

but yes, you have 150 posts here and 84 threads, and have been here for 5 years, i would assume you know how to read the front page, and the purchase page, and the threads all saying you have needed to earn these races, for 4 months now.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Cyclical players were more and more catered to with every passing year. To the point people started asking what's the point of staying subbed, better unsub until next generous catch up. What's wrong with rewarding players who played, once for a change?
    Oh yes, so rewarding.

15+ Year Old Account

Blizzard should have been a lot more straight forward about the process of getting said races, compared to previous expansions. I have the rep several times over, but I haven't bought it yet, tbh it seems like WoD 2.0 to me..

This is clearly a way to get people to stick around longer during the content drought. Anyone sensible with money isn't spending it on video games that don't exist yet.

Lets get real here... Anyone who is an active wow player was exalted with all 4 factions long before BfA was even announced. I really don't get this obsession with "Blizzard is making me /play longer... Waaaah!". I mean you either enjoy playing or you don't?

As for it being WoD 2.0, well that's subjective. But I'll tell you what, anyone saying that before BfA releases is making a damn fool of themselves. I mean you can't judge a loaf of break from the dough. You are doing exactly this.
    Here is something to believe in!

Resolution matters, test a more average res.

The rest of your post is gold.
    I can read that text absolutely fine.

Not to mention they consistently said Allied Races would have requirements and even had an intro video that outlined them on the app.

So yes anyone complaining about the requirements has nobody but themselves to blame for not reading/watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK. I think we're done with this thread. Op admitted he messed up and several pages of saying to read the ad isn't productive.

Closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."