Poll: Would you level a second character to 110 in 7.3.5?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Would you level another char after reaching 110 on 7.3.5?

I am ok with the changes and am having some 'fun' or whatever you call it with leveling, since am not rushing things nor I am in a race to 110.

Although it feels like I wouldn't level another character, ever, again after I hit 110 with this one as leveling goes quite slow and its dreading from time to time.

I haven't leveled anything since wotlk I'd say, I had 3 alts during vanilla and tbc and then created 1 more character during wotlk but thats it really. Now revisiting some zones and seeing what cataclysm has done to them (I mean from 20-60 leveling) is cool. Would I do it with another alt? No.

tl;dr : So would you level a second character to 110 in 7.3.5?

Chill...they'll eventually reduce the XP (or boost XP given) required. They're just doing this now, because they've introduced new races to level. Once the hype is died down, and people remember that leveling does suck, the changes will happen.

Absolutely. Leveling is more fun than it ever was. It used to be a chore because it was just mindless grinding and mass pulls. Now you have to actually engage. And because of the streamlining it's not actually that much slower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I had to because of the heretige armors.

I didn’t want to and now that I have I realise that it was just as bad as I feared it was. Fortunately whilst leveling my void elf from 100-110 I found a way to avoid questing altogether, so it shouldn’t be a problem from now on. Well... until my method likely no longer works in BfA any who.

Level 60-80 is absolutely horrible due to it being home to the most outdated quests and mechanics in the entire game, not to mention being painfully slow. I hope Outland and Northrend are made completely optional at some point in the future by making the old world scale to 80.

100-110 was almost unbearable due to burnout caused by being in those butt ugly zones for several years, thankfully I was able to skip it.

Also lol@ everyone who says it’s not braindead anymore. All it did was make mass pulling anything over 5 mobs inadvisable. Everything else is the same as it was for the most part.

Biased poll options, I'd level even without sets, simply because I don't consider the leveling long enough to justify the boost, if I haven't got a free one (at least until I manage to make about 6 tokens per month, sitting at around 2/3 per month atm)

currently 76, 60-80 is awful and should simply be erased from the game
    Last edited by zlygork; 2018-02-09 at 12:27 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    got done with my highmountain tauren a few days ago and i am going to start my nightborne soon.
    if i am bored after that i will maybe go for one of the alliance races.
    i really like the changes, the only part that is no fun is 60-80 but that is because questing in bc/wotlk zones sucks compared to cataclysm and up.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    60-80 is awful and should simply be erased from the game
    Quote Originally Posted by Pet0r View Post
    the only part that is no fun is 60-80

I just hit 60 last night and was looking forward to a much smoother leveling experience after getting the flying mount. Now I'm scared ...

I would do it again, sure, but the time gaps between leveling each alt would see a dramatic increase as well.

I think with the new leveling system, i could stomach one round of leveling a single character to 120 every 6-8 months. Previously, once every 2 months.

That said, i only find it a slog until 80, at which point i can do MoP leveling zones which i personally really enjoy, followed by draenor treasure hunting for super fast 90-100. (recently got 90-100 on my void elf in under 2 hours by using the garrison XP potions on top of heirlooms with optimised treasure collecting routes and a 110 nuking bonus objectives.)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beerhug View Post
    I just hit 60 last night and was looking forward to a much smoother leveling experience after getting the flying mount. Now I'm scared ...
    you sometimes have quest chains that are all in the same area and you have to do them one after another so you go to the same area for one quest multipe times or there are quest chains where you have to fly around for some time.
    i went howling fjord -> grizzly hills (stopped midway because quests sucked) -> zul'drak -> sholazar basin -> icecrown (got 80 midway)
    i wouldn't recommend grizzly hills the rest was okay.
    it is not that it is unbearable but it is a stretch and 80-100 goes really quick compared to 60-80.

I would like to get the heritage armor but nerfing the leveling for x reason is complete bullshit

trying to sell me the idea of nerfing leveling and trying to sell the idea of something new to do and taking forever in a 8 years old content zone for a new xpac ? fuck that.
    If want to to play old content, ill wait for Classic

15+ Year Old Account
    Since I have twelve 110's currently and am leveling a Highmountain Tauren Druid, I would say
    YES SIR RE BOB!

Cheers!
    HOME OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Addon Author: My Projects

I didn't say that leveling completely sucks btw.

I just pointed out the obvious that, with the increased amount it takes to get to 80+ where the leveling kinda goes fast, its a dread. Yes you might like the quests etc, but after doing them in 1 character recently, its going to become painful, thats my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I probably would yeah. I'm not even there on my first one but I really want to Dark Iron heritage armor so that's up next whenever they're released though relevent content will take priority. Right now I'm going hella slow though because I keep going on Wowpedia sprees on tons of stuff I either missed or forgot about leveling through the entirety of a zone.

As for Nightborne, VE and the others... their heritage armors are whatever so I'll pass and boost or race change.

Quote Originally Posted by beerhug View Post
    it's as bad as it was pre-patch, except it's longer but you get to chose where to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I had to because of the heretige armors.

I didn’t want to and now that I have I realise that it was just as bad as I feared it was. Fortunately whilst leveling my void elf from 100-110 I found a way to avoid questing altogether, so it shouldn’t be a problem from now on. Well... until my method likely no longer works in BfA any who.

Level 60-80 is absolutely horrible due to it being home to the most outdated quests and mechanics in the entire game, not to mention being painfully slow. I hope Outland and Northrend are made completely optional at some point in the future by making the old world scale to 80.

100-110 was almost unbearable due to burnout caused by being in those butt ugly zones for several years, thankfully I was able to skip it.

Also lol@ everyone who says it’s not braindead anymore. All it did was make mass pulling anything over 5 mobs inadvisable. Everything else is the same as it was for the most part.
    Even mass pulling has hardly changed. Mechanically most classes couldnt mass pull before because they had no way to do
    It. Warriors, warlocks, hunters, and tanks still pull whatever and however much they want. Realistically because mobs are often fairly spread out and mob camps arent designed to be dangerous anymore(social mob packs with patrols roaming around), you could only pull a handful of mobs anyway before it became inefficient to run around chasing mobs.

The leveling changes did very little to effect game play aside from making dungeon spam less efficient, questing more efficient, and increased the time taken to level. Mobs are still mechanically inept, classes are still incredibly dull and mechanically lacking until 60+, and you are offered the same variety in types of content to level which were the actual underlying problems with this games leveling.

With carries it shouldn't be that bad, without out new classes I see no point, the xmogs are not that great imo.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I despise leveling through old content.

I only have a couple classes not at 110, and I'll just buy boosts anymore if I want to play them.
    Time is money, and leveling just isn't worth it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have to agree here.

OT. If I was interested in any of the other races and didn't already have every class except monk at 100+ then sure, but as I have no plans to go horde and do not care for the Lightforged, I don't really have a need to level another character since finishing my Void Elf Warlock.

When they add a new class then I will, but I see no point in having different races for multiples of the same class.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    Already am leveling characters after 7.3.5, it isn't tough.

Got a Void Elf, a Highmountain and a Nightborne.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Care to elaborate why? I have 2 characters (one 67 and other 77), both of them were leveled to their respective levels when 7.3.5 came (lower one is in norhtrend, other one is in outland) and I found it more enjoyable than first 60 levels.

What's the biggest issue you have with that? Flying mount made things a breeze, especially after level 70 when you get 280 speed.