Thread: Energy drinks

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriexo View Post
    As an energy freak, drinking a lot of coffee and...you know......i stay away from energy drinks.

Realised how FCKED UP they can be when you drink one, feel that your heart explodes for 5 min and then go back to being tired/casual.
    The trick is to have them with a meal. I sometimes have a small 8 ounce red bull with lunch. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

But yeah, if I drink one by itself, especially a big can, it's unpleasant.

I never drink energy drinks. I stick mostly to water, fruit juices, soy or rice milk.

10+ Year Old Account
    jagerbombs I guess but that's it and I haven't had one since new years, energy drinks taste fucking horrible

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Do you drink energy drinks? How many do you drink in a week? What's your favorite? I drink Monster zero sugar energy drinks. I don't drink them all the time but I've had a couple this week. Just have had no energy for work this week. So the boost was nice.
    The zero calorie energy drinks are extremely bad for you. The chemicals they put in them slow your metabolic rate so you actually end up storing more calories as fat than you would if you drank the non zero calorie versions, plus the chemicals are also extremely bad on your kidneys and liver. We have a guy that works for us that would have 3 a day and when he went to the doctors they were convinced he was a heavy alcoholic and had to have been so for around 20 years...he's 26. He has since stopped complete and its been a little over a month and his kidney and liver functions are improving.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriexo View Post
    As an energy freak, drinking a lot of coffee and...you know......i stay away from energy drinks.

Realised how FCKED UP they can be when you drink one, feel that your heart explodes for 5 min and then go back to being tired/casual.
    Yeah coffee is the best route to take. The people who say coffee doesn't work need to stay away from shit coffee.

I've accidentally purchased a cold coffee that was also an energy drink, holy shit at first I thought I was dying, then I had the shakes, then I wanted a nap. On top of all that wonderful list of feelings, the drink was super sweet with a bitter aftertaste.

I can't imagine the list of problems the future has in store for the youth.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Nothing except for the very occasional monster java, but I don't drink them for the energy.

Maybe 1 every like 3-4 months?
    Pretty much the same for me. I'll buy a couple if I'm some where that has them buy 2 for $4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its been a while.

My go to was Monster (the original).

If I'm doing a video game binge, I like to do a full can of monster over ice, with a personal bottle (single shot) of Grey Goose vodka.

Mmmmm

Nope try to avoid sugar as much as possible atm.

No, never have, and I have never had coffee either. It's not because I'm an extremely energetic person, but because I'm usually prone to getting addicted to stuff, so I avoid those habits.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Sugar free Lime Battery is great.
    I just cant drink any sugar free drinks because I can taste the sweeteners for hours after finished the drink.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I cant drink it. My heart speeds up like crazy. It aint good for me at all.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

I don't drink them for the same reason I don't drink alcohol - they taste like fucking ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure I've never had one before.

7+ Year Old Account
    I drink about two a week, I usually go for Rockstar Xdurance (Blueberry and Pomegranate)

Deleted
    Why are people always under the impression energy drinks contain 7x caffeine of that of a cup of coffee. Total b.s. they actually contain less.

I drink a small can (0.25) each morning in the car.

used to drink a sugar free red bull every morning
    switched to mineral water and home cold brewed green tea

Nopers, I just stick to either coffee or green tea

Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    Why are people always under the impression energy drinks contain 7x caffeine of that of a cup of coffee. Total b.s. they actually contain less.

I drink a small can (0.25) each morning in the car.
    A regular sized RedBull has about 1/3 of the caffeine as a large coffee from Starbucks.

So, work from there.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    If you've never had them then how do you know you don't like any of them?
    they tend to have a particular smell and if you pour them into a glass they typically don't give them a particularly appetizing color either.

then again that is true for coffee too.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2018-02-09 at 09:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never. Not any more.

Firstly because once I'm riding that caffeine train there's no coming down for me without a week-long splitting headache. And every single energy drink I've tried so far tasted utterly disgusting.

If I absolutely have to be alert and didn't sleep well, 2-3 grams of Kratom serve me better than anything with caffeine ever did.