Should Disney take on the video game industry?

Activision has 17.45 billion USD in total assets. EA has 7.718 billion.

Disney has 95.79 billion!

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/11/why-...-business.html

Should they take a risk and use their immense wealth to start a studio to take on EA, Activision, Nintendo, Ubisoft, and Square Enix?

They could make M rated games and market them under a different label like they did with Turok!

Touchstone is not as memorable as "Bioware" or "Blizzard".

What games should they make?

An action game featuring a female protagonist set in a original fantasy universe?

to take on Zelda?

as well as Horizon Zero Dawn?

An competitor to Overwatch?

A WOW killer?

or even an M rated shooter?

I do have to ask if you research what you post topics on. Disney did have a game studio (as well as others it partnered with/absorbed):
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney...active_Studios
    Games it both developed, partnered with other studios over, and published:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._Studios_games

Studio closed down in 2016 though I doubt you meant open another studio.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Disney purposefully outsources to publishers/Developers because they don't want an inhouse games studio anymore. It's why Lucasarts and Disney Interactive were shutdown.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2018-02-10 at 07:54 AM.

Disney should go to hell and take their SJW bullshit with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Uhhhhhhhh?

10+ Year Old Account
    No. You guys love to complain about EA now...imagine if an even bigger money hunger corporation was their boss...How many good games attached to Disney properties (after Disney owned said proper) were good?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Disney? You mean the company that closed every gaming studio it owned?

Purchased Lucas, closed down every game studio Lucas Arts had?

Then proceeded to sell their new acquired Star Wars IP to EA of all people exclusively?

Disney the company that killed Marvel vs Capcom by making Capcom use some ass looking realistic graphics style, only have MCU characters and no X-Men or F4 characters that where iconic to the franchise? Then wouldn't even let Capcom host tournaments from the game on their popular CapcomFighters channel which tanked viewership and put an already dying game in the grave?

Disney? Get more involved in the gaming industry? They seem plenty involved already with trying to kill pretty much everything related to their IPs in the gaming industry. It's a wonder KH is still somewhat relevant under this asshat company.

Now mind you I’m a big disney fan, but they need to stay away from video games. As other mentioned, they shuttered their in house ones in favor of licensing anyways, and while I accept them as my jolly corporate overlord like how people accept Apple, Amazon, google, etc...they can stay away from making video games. More theme parks sure.

Deleted
    They had a promising pirates game a few years back that they just randomly shut down too, was pretty disappointed as it looked a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    AND its triggered. Didnt take to long...
    Fractal Design R5 |MSI Z87-G45 | i5 4690k @4.6Ghz | Noctua NH-D15 | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1866 | MSI 980ti G6 |
    XFX 850W | WD Black 1TB | Samsung Evo 850 1TB | Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD x 2 | Intel 180GB SSD | Rog Swift