Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard to place vanilla, so I rate the expansion:

1. Cataclysm! - I love Cata more than anyone it seems! Flawless to me.
    2. MoP
    3. WotLK
    4. TBC
    5. WoD
    6. Legion - Garbage grind expansion!
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. MoP - Great lore and fun raids.
    2. Legion - Apart from AP grind/RNG ontop of RNG with a side of RNG, it's been a good expansion.
    3. Cata - I enjoyed the start when heroic dungeons were actually hard coming from Wraths AOE fest, untill they were nerfed and neutered.
    4. Wrath - First time I took raiding seriously, and I enjoyed the game.
    5. TBC - I was still new to the game at this point, first time I started raiding.
    6. WoD - Shitstain expansion that should be erased from all memory and history.

Assuming Eras of end game content rather than expansion my list is:

1) Mists of Pandaria - Brewmaster Monks in Mists made me fall in love with this game again, 5.2 and 5.4 Brewmaster Tanking are the pinnacle of class system design in this game imo. As a former raid leader, recruitment officer, and general guild activity/raid organizer, flexible raid size is the biggest QOL improvement the game has ever produced.
    2) Wrath of the Lich King - Probably the golden age of raid participation for the franchise, and my most active time raiding. The combination of evolved storytelling mechanisms implemented here and having a great investment in the story thanks to the well established characters and locales from previous games in the warcraft IP made this perhaps the best overall expansion to a general audience, it has to be second for me personally though.
    3) The Burning Crusade - This is where I first really cut my teeth in raiding and endgame so I have a big soft spot for it.
    4) Legion - Lots of potential, good story telling, and honestly with a few obvious holes good systems and mechanics. Ruined by the design direction that character power should be more about time invested than anything else.
    5) Vanilla - Great content, many quality of life decisions later reversed or revised in vanilla made it less enjoyable. The game has just evolved well beyond this starting point.
    6) Warlords of Draenor - This expansion felt very phoned in. Some interesting stuff system wise, but it didn't do anything innovative and missed on the "old school warcraft" vibe it was trying to get by bringing back so many major lore characters from the history of the franchise.
    7) Cataclysm - Over ambitious goals led to poor polish, and what really suffered was tuning. There was way too much momentum in the difficulty pendulum on this one, T11's laser focus on interrupts was terrible, the dramatic swings in raid difficulty fight to fight based on raid size, coupled with both 10 and 25 man providing the same loot made for all kinds of roster drama, firelands shit all over melee, and having to keep running it for legendary staff bits after it was no longer current content made for more drama. Finally Dragon Soul was hopelessly undertuned except for the class stacking check on heroic spine. Just a big old tuning mess all around.

1) WotLK
    3) TBC
    2) MoP
    4) Legion
    5) Cata
    6) WoD

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Legion
    2. MoP
    3. WotLK
    4. BC
    5. Cata
    6. WoD

1) Mop
    2) BC
    3) WotLK
    4) Legion
    5) Cata
    6) WoD

10+ Year Old Account
    Mists of Pandaria - Best lore, best continent, best leveling, best characters, all-around best, Pandaren. Dungeons were a bit weak, but everything else was the best.

Legion - Don't care about the Legion, everything else was great.

Wrath of the Lich King - First end game for me. First time I really got involved in the games lore.

Cataclysm = Warlords of Dreanor - Neither one was particularly great, but they both had upsides and great themes.

Burning Crusade - Started in the late end of the expansion, was still leveling when the Isle of Quel'danas, didn't spend much time there, grew bored with the demons quickly.

Classic was not an expansion; it gets no rating.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

1 - Wrath of the Lich King
    2 - Mists of Pandaria
    3 - Classic
    4 - Legion
    5 - Burning Crusade
    6+7 - Cataclysm and Warlords of Draenor (tie)

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Legion
    2. WoTLK
    3. MoP
    4. Cataclysm
    5. TBC
    6. Classic
    7. WoD
    8. BfA

Quote Originally Posted by comandante cobra View Post
    1. Legion
    2. WoTLK
    3. MoP
    4. Cataclysm
    5. TBC
    6. Classic
    7. WoD
    8. BfA
    How you going to rate BFA before we even know much about it lol.

1.WoTLK
    2.Cataclysm
    3.Legion
    4.TBC
    5.MoP
    6.WoD

Vanilla holds a special level. WotLK was amazing because I was able to experience both PVP and PVE without having to worry about being out geared. Cataclysm ranks high for me because that was the time when I started raiding, made friends in a guild, and had fun with the difficult heroic dungeons(CC the healer and debuffer and go for the damage in mobs;rinse and repeat).
    Last edited by Pojo458; 2018-02-13 at 01:36 PM.

1: WoTLK
    2: TBC
    3: Vanilla
    4: Legion
    5: MoP
    6: Cata
    7: WoD
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Deleted
    1. BC = Wotlk
    2. Legion
    3. WoD = Cata = MoP

and in more detail

1. WotLK
    2. BC
    3. Legion
    4. WoD
    5. MoP (ranked after WoD simply because of too much pandas)
    6. Cata

vanilla does not count

1.TBC

2.Legion/WOTLK

3.Vanilla

4.MoP

5.Cata / WoD

interested in my personal reasons for choosing? keep reading:

1. TBC - This was my heaviest raiding time, but also where every single alt of mine was born so yeah, highschool was wow
    2. Legion / WOTLK - These have both been serious, daily play while still raiding but more casually. WOTLK tied with Legion for me because both have been packed with content and included new innovative gameplay to the game. WOTLK i was coming off my heaviest gameplay so I raided seriously until i burned out progression in Ulduar and the guild fell apart. so started my casual raid after several attempts at guild master / raid leader in joint efforts with previous raids with friends. I quit right up until the argent crusade was added and progressed through ICC. Legion was completely different. I started at the end of WoD, and played legion when it first came out. I took a 2 month break and moved states with my now family of 5 (holy cow) and restarted legion during the nighthold and leveled to 110, and have been playing ever since (so around jan last year. but i have absolutely loved this expansion the only reason it falls to #2 is because TBC were my golden years of being young, single, and not a care in the world other than skateboarding, and playing wow.
    3. Vanilla - I started 2 months after launch, I played seriously too much. I was in middle school when i started and had just been transition off of Star wars galaxies (played for about a year) and before that Asheron's Call 2 which was shut down.
    4. MoP - I loved MoP, started it halfway in but played serious, daily play, with raiding, my nephew played seriously with me right up until WoD came out, I only stopped because at the time i could not afford to buy the WoD expansion / game time
    5. Cata/WoD - I did not get to play these to their full extent. Cata I started at the beginning and quit until MoP came out. Wod I started at the end and transitioned into legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyhtt View Post
    How you going to rate BFA before we even know much about it lol.
    LOL

I ranked BfA because i'm not hyped with this expansion like the others previous, let's see after launch and playing...
    Last edited by comandante cobra; 2018-02-13 at 01:52 PM.

1. MoP
    2. TBC
    3. WotLK
    4. Legion
    5. Cataclysm
    6. WoD

Mine would be:

1. Legion
    2. Wrath
    3. TBC
    4. Cataclysm
    5. MoP
    6. WoD

1. Wrath
    2. Legion
    3. MoP
    4. Cata
    5. TBC
    6. WoD
    7. Vanilla

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Vanilla
    2. WotLK
    3. TBC
    4. MoP
    5. Legion
    6. WoD
    7. Cata (hated to see the old world get destroyed )