Exclamation Need advice. Coming back after a long break from WoW.

Sup everyone. So i'm returning back to WoW after taking a long break and i'm leveling a priest right now. My big concern is with Legendary items. When I left the game, farming legendaries was so stressful and I could never get the right ones for my main eventually I just quit raiding all together because of this. Is getting legendary items easier now and if so where would you recommend a fresh 110 start? Or can i just buy them from a vendor now? Thank you in advance everyone!

It's not much different now. RNG dictates what Legendary you get.

If you get flustered that easily, you should wait for Battle for Azeroth. The current legendary system will be gone then.

It is easier in that you farm 1000 shards then you can buy an item to give you a random legendary. It takes a week to get 1000.

It is pretty much the same as when you left.

Find the right guild and they won't care about your legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    It is easier in that you farm 1000 shards then you can buy an item to give you a random legendary. It takes a week to get 1000.

It is pretty much the same as when you left.

Find the right guild and they won't care about your legendaries.
    Seriously? The legendary system has not changed at all? That's so unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    Seriously? The legendary system has not changed at all? That's so unfortunate.
    That's not what he said. He said you could buy one every week. And farm one every week. That is not "has not changed at all". You get 2 legendaries per week. Not only that, but we're near the end of the expansion so most stuff is on farm and no one fusses about which legendaries you have. It's a game. If you enjoy it, have fun. If not, there are lots of other ways to have fun too.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    That's not what he said. He said you could buy one every week. And farm one every week. That is not "has not changed at all". You get 2 legendaries per week. Not only that, but we're near the end of the expansion so most stuff is on farm and no one fusses about which legendaries you have. It's a game. If you enjoy it, have fun. If not, there are lots of other ways to have fun too.
    ah ok. what would you recommend i do first to start farming for legendaries for my priest? Is it still dungeons?

Just play the current content, really, its always the same in WoW. Go do the Argus quests, run dungeons, do some BGs, the emissary WQ, run a raid, find a treasure, you’ll get stuff, eventually a legendary, you’ll accrue currency, spend it, etc.

You make it sound like there’s all this complexity to the game. Just follow the in game prompts (quests) and it all lands in your lap. You can’t “farm” a legendary beyond just doing the the things where one can drop.

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    ah ok. what would you recommend i do first to start farming for legendaries for my priest? Is it still dungeons?
    Fastest I think is invasion points on Argus - that is Blizz's current catch-up zone. Mini-bosses and treasure chests on Argus also drop them. Then dungeons, raids, and weekly chests. Oh, and emissaries are still good.

On a new 110, you should get your first couple very fast. May not be bis, but you should have a couple soon. There are also crafted legendaries in AH, and an automatic drop from killing Argus on N or higher.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

It is easier to farm legendaries right now. You have a new currency ("Wakening Essences") which you can farm every day/week. 1000 wakenin essences can be used to buy a legendary token. Sources for this currency :
    * Daily Heroic gives 30 ;
    * Daily BG win gives 30 ;
    * Emissaries give 20-40 ;
    * Antorus bosses give 20-40 (once a week) ;
    * Weekly Mythic+ cache give 120 ;
    * Rated 2s-3s give 50~ (ircc, correct me if I'm wrong) once you get to honor cap (1500).

By doing the above (let's say, except rated 2s-3s) and farming invasions, you should be getting legendaries every week.

Also, the legendary tokens do not reset your Bad Luck Protection.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    It is easier to farm legendaries right now. You have a new currency ("Wakening Essences") which you can farm every day/week. 1000 wakenin essences can be used to buy a legendary token. Sources for this currency :
    * Daily Heroic gives 30 ;
    * Daily BG win gives 30 ;
    * Emissaries give 20-40 ;
    * Antorus bosses give 20-40 (once a week) ;
    * Weekly Mythic+ cache give 120 ;
    * Rated 2s-3s give 50~ (ircc, correct me if I'm wrong) once you get to honor cap (1500).

By doing the above (let's say, except rated 2s-3s) and farming invasions, you should be getting legendaries every week.

Also, the legendary tokens do not reset your Bad Luck Protection.
    Daily brawl (when available every other week) also rewards 30 essences.

Note: for the pvp part, you need to win the random bg and brawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Fastest I think is invasion points on Argus - that is Blizz's current catch-up zone. Mini-bosses and treasure chests on Argus also drop them. Then dungeons, raids, and weekly chests. Oh, and emissaries are still good.

On a new 110, you should get your first couple very fast. May not be bis, but you should have a couple soon. There are also crafted legendaries in AH, and an automatic drop from killing Argus on N or higher.
    What he said

OP: Doing like mythic+ for legendaries is not good when it comes to bad luck protection per hour spent. Better off doing the normal mythics then. Do raids and Argus content(rares, invasions and chests) And do Argus the Unmaker for the ring(even in lfr). With decent secondary traits that ring can be a good start.

I am mostly just copying Kolee here, but this is the way to go for getting legendaries ^^