Poll: How big is the population

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    uhm no, they are mostly civilian, like most of the races of warcraft (and in real)
    No, he has a point actually. Civilians and elder/children in particular couldn't stand the magic withdrawal, rangers however could do that better than others and those who firmly disliked Rommath's "mana vampirism" became the "High Elves" we know.

So all in all High Elves should be rangers for the most part and a few priests/mages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

uhm no, they are mostly civilian, like most of the races of warcraft (and in real)
    Um no, the vast majority of High Elves that we see in the game are mages, priests, and hunters affiliated with Dalaran, the Silver Covenant, and various lodges and other military type organizations. Here's a list, http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/List_o...ves_in_Azeroth

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    No, he has a point actually. Civilians and elder/children in particular couldn't stand the magic withdrawal, rangers however could do that better than others and those who firmly disliked Rommath's "mana vampirism" became the "High Elves" we know.

So all in all High Elves should be rangers for the most part and a few priests/mages.
    ? a significative chunk of high elves are the one that go with jaina in kalimdor or lived in stormwind or the ones exiled. the only rangers that effectively could stand the withdraw are the ones in the lodges like in hinterlands, all other or suffered the withdraw dieing or badly hurted, or used magic artifact like the ones in dalaran.
    and if even in dalaran the majority isnt a spellcaster but general plebs, worker and commerciant, why high elves should be different? the only groups that were specifically militarized are the ones on lodges, all other are general population.

Void elves are specifically different, they started as disciples of magister umbris so mages/warlock, then other joined to become attuned to void (not a typical civilian hobby), aka to train.
    void elves are basically mercenaries, when high elves in general are a tipical population.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletov View Post
    Um no, the vast majority of High Elves that we see in the game are mages, priests, and hunters affiliated with Dalaran, the Silver Covenant, and various lodges and other military type organizations. Here's a list, http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/List_o...ves_in_Azeroth
    maybe because in game the world is scaled and only the most relevant npc are present. or we should think that a tipical warcraft society is composed of 5% worker 15% rulers 30%commerciant 50%guards?
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2018-02-16 at 03:52 AM.

As big as Blizzard writers feel like making them be as plot contrivances demand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Honestly? They could number in the billions. The void is.... Limitless.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Well there are High Elf and Blood elf pilgrims in the void elf rift so there are elfs making the trip to join the void elfs so its a growing number

*Greedisgood 999999*
    /Enter/Enter
    *Warpten*
    /Enter

"What?"
    "Yes mi'lord!'Yes mi'lord!"

Void Sanctuary completed.

"The void consumes all""The void consumes all""The void consumes all""The void consumes all"
    "The void...The void...The void...The void...The void...The void...The void...The void...The void...The void...The void...The void...The void...The void...The void...The void...The void...The void...The void...The void...The void...The void...The void.."
    "The Void Elves... The void..The void..The void..they just...The void.. their numbers are endless..."

In Resume, Alleria cheated.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

maybe because in game the world is scaled and only the most relevant npc are present. or we should think that a tipical warcraft society is composed of 5% worker 15% rulers 30%commerciant 50%guards?
    So we can all make up our own facts and go by fan theories and headcannon?
    Last edited by Skeletov; 2018-02-16 at 04:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Simple math seems to denote that the Void Elf population can't be larger than the Blood Elven population - and the Blood Elven population is one of the lowest of the main Horde races due to having lost a majority of their people (enough to be described as "near extinction," which would put the percentage remaining somewhere around 20% to 30%). They also lost another portion of their population in the High Elven exile. Umbric's followers couldn't have been a sizeable lot without tripping Silvermoon into a state of veritable civil war, so he and his fellow Void adherents would have to be a small enough lot that Silvermoon's magister and spellbreaker forces could enforce their exile. To me, this definitely implies a number at or below 100 total, probably below.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    Honestly, it feels a lot like they are making an illusion or something.
    Good thing the Horde is allied with the nightborne

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I see it now, void elves make a giant illusion, Thallsyra shouts “what are you hiding?” And dispels it.
    Reminded me of this
    Last edited by OIS; 2018-02-16 at 06:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Simple math seems to denote that the Void Elf population can't be larger than the Blood Elven population - and the Blood Elven population is one of the lowest of the main Horde races due to having lost a majority of their people (enough to be described as "near extinction," which would put the percentage remaining somewhere around 20% to 30%). They also lost another portion of their population in the High Elven exile. Umbric's followers couldn't have been a sizeable lot without tripping Silvermoon into a state of veritable civil war, so he and his fellow Void adherents would have to be a small enough lot that Silvermoon's magister and spellbreaker forces could enforce their exile. To me, this definitely implies a number at or below 100 total, probably below.
    Not sure I'm on board with the numbers, as its really hard to tell what the numbers are for any of the races, but I definitely follow the logic.
    Playable Blood Elves are a faction that has splintered substantially already, with the High Elf exiles, Kael'thas' Outland Blood Elves (and Fel Elves) and now Void Elves. With each splinter the amount remaining dwindles and makes it harder for a sizable group to leave without the entire culture falling apart.

Not enough to be endless, that is for certain.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-02-16 at 07:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Far less than blood elves and high elves. Smaller than a goblin cartel.

Deleted
    Under or above 100000...
    Can't go wrong with that one... since it entails any number between 0 and infinity, excluding only the number 100k

On a serious note; i'd say maximally a 100...
    It's a minority of the previously blood elven population.

90% of high-elves were killed during the 3rd war.
    About 90% of the remaining turned blood-elf
    About 15% of them went to Outland

This leaves about 7.65% of the previously high-elven population alive as blood-elves.
    Only a minority (let's say 5% of these even turned to the void); meaning 0,3825% of highelven population

I remember reading somewhere that Stormwind has about 15000 inhabitants; Silvermoon feels smaller, but just for the sake of it:
    15000*0,003825 = 57.375

I'd estimate it at about 58 elves. :P

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    Good thing the Horde is allied with the nightborne

Reminded me of this
    It would be the most stupid, yet still by far the best, moment in the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletov View Post
    Your just a troll who offers no counterpoint to what I said and is instead trying to discredit my argument by questioning my motives.
    There's no counterpoint to be made, because your entire argument is one of preference. You don't like a thing. That's perfectly fine, but being bitter about it and acting like you have some sort of factual to your words doesn't help anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I guess it depends on how big a "crack squad" is.
    Well Suramar is pretty big..

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    Well Suramar is pretty big..
    Populations are not balanced, never have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

5+ Year Old Account
    According to Blizzard(in datamined text, assuming its true of course) they`re "endless", take that as you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Alidfe View Post
    There's no counterpoint to be made, because your entire argument is one of preference. You don't like a thing. That's perfectly fine, but being bitter about it and acting like you have some sort of factual to your words doesn't help anything.
    Void Elves retcon massive chunks of lore, fabricates an entire group whole cloth without any sort of build up or prior introduction, and cause plot-holes. These are examples which we can use to measurably judge the quality of a story. It's bad storytelling, it's okay if you like bad stories that are inconsistent. I enjoyed the first season of SAO. But it's still bad writing and that's Blizzard's problem.

It's also Blizzard's problem because I lose nothing if I walk away while they lose my sub.