Poll: How big is the population

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't know about that - from the new string it sounds more like the Void Elves are simply tenacious, unwilling to back down or be defeated. It relates nothing of their numbers or them "overwhelming" the Horde, simply that they're persistent and that Sylvanas views them as traitors.
    The traitors line seems to be coming form Lor'themar, which I find to be somewhat amusing. As for tenacity, there's only so tenacious you can be with a knife to the gut. Yet the turning of the battle due to the void elves presence speaks for itself. Surely you can't believe there are only 50 of them now.
    Last edited by delus; 2018-02-23 at 11:07 PM.

Wtf is going on with this poll? 90% of the High Elves were killed during the Third War. It's estimated that no more than ~15,000 elves remained. 90% of that remainder then became Blood Elves, and now a small portion of that became Void Elves.

The top two choices are the only logical ones, and even then 1,000 is still a lot. 10,000 would make nearly all of the remaining Blood Elves into Void Elves, and it would be fucking impossible to have 100,000 of them.

1001 falls into the third category. There's no option for under or about 5000.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletov View Post
    Riviting discussion. Next please.
    What do you expect? Your core argument here is that you don't like void elves. There's nothing there to really refute or debate because it's ultimately just your subjective opinion on whether or not the aesthetic and lore of a certain feature is appealing or not.

You don't like a thing. Some people do. I'm not sure where you expect that conversation to go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alidfe View Post
    What do you expect? Your core argument here is that you don't like void elves.
    My core argument is that Blizzards writing is terrible, that's why Void Elves are terrible, and that's a problem.
    There's nothing there to really refute or debate because it's ultimately just your subjective opinion on whether or not the aesthetic and lore of a certain feature is appealing or not.
    I've given you a list of reasons why blizzards writing is terrible which you claim is just my opinion. All you have to do is take a look around, ask people, look forums, and see what their talking about and you'll see that it's not just my opinion.

Well, you probably won't by dismissing all arguments against your view and hide behind your "well that just, like, your opinion man."
    I'm not sure where you expect that conversation to go from there.
    I expect you to stop replying?

When the allied races first came about, we saw a lot of void elfs running around the place at low levels. Recently, leveling myself I see more lightforged dreanai more than anything else, couple of elfs.

Hanging around in Dala I've seen two night borne, literally.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Surely you can't believe there are only 50 of them now.
    No but I wouldn't push them beyond 200-400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletov View Post
    I've given you a list of reasons why blizzards writing is terrible which you claim is just my opinion
    Well, yes. Your personal taste in storytelling is, sort of by definition, an opinion. Your statement here is tautological.

You also haven't really given a list of reasons so much as simply stated that you find the writing to be bad. I guess you've also said you have trouble following the lore but that's sort of a separate issue.

I expect you to stop replying?
    You complain about me being dismissive and then admit you want people who disagree or even merely question your beliefs to jus disappear? That's kind of silly.

Well there is a way for the Void Elves to have a larger population than expected. Remember the thousand years our two heroes were fighting along side the Army of the Ligtht? When they only left Azeroth about 25-30 years ago? They said it was because time works differently in the Nether. What about in the Void. Or a place with influences of the Void that is in the Nether?

Now imagine Void Elves breeding like rabbits in this Void-Nether realm where a year on Azeroth could be worth a generation or two in their realm? With elves that don't age much after they hit about 20 or so. A year after Alleria brings the Void Elves into the Alliance, their numbers are suddenly "endless". Crazy elves and their breeding projects.

15+ Year Old Account
    Under or above 100000.... = always the right answer ^^

Well, yes. Your personal taste in storytelling is, sort of by definition, an opinion. Your statement here is tautological.
    It's not just my opinion, Blizzard writing is bad. It's objectively bad because it's inconsistent. That's a problem for Blizzard because bad writing leads to an unsatisfied audience.
    You also haven't really given a list of reasons so much as simply stated that you find the writing to be bad.
    Blizzard did sent us to fight Illidan without giving us a motive as to why, they did a 180 on Garrosh's character, they've completely gutted the entire story of WoD by removing a patch, and now they've introduced a race from nowhere with next to no buildup. That is not my opinion. That's what Blizzard did. It's bad, nonsensical writing that people have been criticizing them for years now. Those complaints are legitimate no matter how much you say "that's just a you problem".
    I guess you've also said you have trouble following the lore but that's sort of a separate issue.
    Trying to put words into my mouth now?
    You complain about me being dismissive and then admit you want people who disagree or even merely question your beliefs to jus disappear? That's kind of silly.
    You said it yourself, there's nothing to debate here. You just keep going on and on about how it's only my opinion and that isn't a reason to criticize Blizzard. Your not accomplishing anything here aside from wasting my time.

Never, never, discuss number in Blizzard's lore.

There is really no point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash123 View Post
    Never, never, discuss number in Blizzard's lore.

There is really no point.
    And at any moment population could increase due to birth of new babies or decrease due to death of old ones.

Not too big as they seem be the allied race with the lowest population. I'll say only a few thousand at best.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering they are a small shoot of an already nearly wiped out race, I'd say under 1,000, maybe even under 500.