Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They need to fix heirloom, they don't work, they are not usefull, can't believe I work my ass for this shit and now its bullcrap

Fix heirlooms so they usefull again, if people want want to level slow like it is right now, then don't use heirlooms and stfu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norwood06 View Post
    There are people who like the changes and those who don't. Allowing player choice is most of the times the right call, so why not restore heirlooms to their OP state?
    Because players who lack self control need Blizzard to make all of their decisions for them. They'd rather force a change on everyone and one side be unhappy so long as they don;t have to make the call on whether or not to use heirlooms.

Heirlooms weren’t the problem, one shotting mobs with or without heirlooms was the problem. You still have heirlooms. The XP is still fine. The only real problem is that some players can’t handle a game without god mode, and my sympathy is nil. L2play.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazlord View Post
    Heirlooms weren’t the problem, one shotting mobs with or without heirlooms was the problem. You still have heirlooms. The XP is still fine. The only real problem is that some players can’t handle a game without god mode, and my sympathy is nil. L2play.
    so you could 1 shot them on low level whoopty doo to them

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    so you could 1 shot them on low level whoopty doo to them
    Previously you'd 1 shot literally everything until around level 85. Was the most boring thing ever.

Leveling is currently fine.

The only thing I agree with the OP about is that I don't see why scaling had to stop at 60. I would have happily leveled my characters in Azeroth until level 100 if that were possible. More zone choice makes for a less repetitive grind, whereas I've seen every Outland and Northrend zone 100 times over.

The other thing that needs addressing is Draenor pathfinder. Draenor territory design means having flying makes leveling 4-5 times faster than a character without flying. And the only way to get this is by grinding obsolete daily quests on a higher level character. It's way too unbalancing.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2018-02-14 at 05:04 AM.

Deleted
    I could be wrong but weren't looms equivalent to blues before? And now they're greens? Yes the XP bonus is unaffected, but the added ilvl advantage would allow someone leveling for the 8th time have an easier time of it.

It's not as if the new leveling system is challenging, its just slower. Now if blizz had buffed mob dmg, that would be interesting! Risking death due to poor open world pulls? Yes please! But I suppose that kind of thing will be quarantined to classic.

My point is, leveling is not hard, and while the HP buff and scaling improves things for new players, the added slowness seems to just piss off the alt addicts. Upping the looms back to blue equivalent won't let them one shot everything, but it would help.
    Last edited by mmocbbeb201cd6; 2018-02-14 at 01:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been quite a long time since I last levelled a toon from scratch, so I'm looking forward to starting on my Allied Race lowbies this weekend. However, I really am not looking forward to the WoD slog again. Memories are still fresh enough to remember the beauty of the visuals, but also the abject tedium of the questing in WoD. If, as suggested, the whole 60 to 100 experience was all tied into a scaled version of TBC through to WoD, that'd solve it for me. Being able to flip between the zone stories in that 40 level bracket would suit me nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxuvox View Post
    It's been quite a long time since I last levelled a toon from scratch, so I'm looking forward to starting on my Allied Race lowbies this weekend. However, I really am not looking forward to the WoD slog again. Memories are still fresh enough to remember the beauty of the visuals, but also the abject tedium of the questing in WoD. If, as suggested, the whole 60 to 100 experience was all tied into a scaled version of TBC through to WoD, that'd solve it for me. Being able to flip between the zone stories in that 40 level bracket would suit me nicely.
    WoD is currently one of the fastest level brackets. Ignore all story and regular quest modes. Get your garrison, buy 20% exp pots, fly around and grab treasures while on your way to bonus objectives til 96. Go to Spires of Arak, unlock the inn for a further 20% exp, and go back to treasures and bonus objectives.

You should reach level 100 in no more than 6-8 hours total.

- - - Updated - - -

I could be wrong but weren't looms equivalent to blues before? And now they're greens? Yes the XP bonus is unaffected, but the added ilvl advantage would allow someone leveling for the 8th time have an easier time of it.

It's not as if the new leveling system is challenging, its just slower. Now if blizz had buffed mob dmg, that would be interesting! Risking death due to poor open world pulls? Yes please! But I suppose that kind of thing will be quarantined to classic.

My point is, leveling is not hard, and while the HP buff and scaling improves things for new players, the added slowness seems to just piss off the alt addicts. Upping the looms back to blue equivalent won't let them one shot everything, but it would help.
    My enhancement shammy already 2-3 shots regular mobs. Hunters can already one-shot. Making looms more powerful, or lowering mob hitpoints would make it even more silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxuvox View Post
    If you have Draenor pathfinder you can do the whole expansion in a couple of hours by just picking up treasures and doing all the bonus objectives. If you don't have draenor pathfinder it's slow as hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

My enhancement shammy already 2-3 shots regular mobs. Hunters can already one-shot. Making looms more powerful, or lowering mob hitpoints would make it even more silly.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "Already". Classes are strongest at the lowest levels. You won't be one shotting anything by the time you are level 40.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "Already". Classes are strongest at the lowest levels. You won't be one shotting anything by the time you are level 40.
    Enh shammy is currently level 74, still 2-3 shotting mobs.

I suppose it could change at level cap. But we're talking about leveling, and 74 levels is the lion's share of leveling. :/

So leveling is not hard but you still advocate making it less hard because some mouthbreathing alt addict must be able to one shot mobs at the expense of all the normal people who actually enjoy pressing more than one button when they play a character.

Who cares about those idiots. I sure as shit do not, they spew their vitriolic whining onto the forums regardless of the direction Blizz takes. The game would be better without them.

For what it’s worth, my rogue is in half heirlooms and half quest gear and I can kill mobs in 4 GCDs, sometimes 2 if I have some extra combo points, and I can’t even AOE which some classes can do. I don’t think it needs to be easier than that. People jumping up and down like mobs have a million hit points, it’s just outright BS. I still smash dungeons in 15min too. People are bad at the game.

So leveling is not hard but you still advocate making it less hard because some mouthbreathing alt addict must be able to one shot mobs at the expense of all the normal people who actually enjoy pressing more than one button when they play a character.

Who cares about those idiots. I sure as shit do not, they spew their vitriolic whining onto the forums regardless of the direction Blizz takes. The game would be better without them.

For what it’s worth, my rogue is in half heirlooms and half quest gear and I can kill mobs in 4 GCDs, sometimes 2 if I have some extra combo points, and I can’t even AOE which some classes can do. I don’t think it needs to be easier than that. People jumping up and down like mobs have a million hit points, it’s just outright BS. I still smash dungeons in 15min too. People are bad at the game.
    Why's it that just because you like leveling how it is now i have to like it too? it's the SAME leveling experience since like 2007 or so when i started in WOTLK, doing the SAME quests in the SAME zones the SAME ancient way. I've seen and done it all, over and over again.
    What was wrong with having choices? They weren't good ones by any means but how is having no choices at all, like it is now, not worse?
    Also the majority if not most of the complaining I've seen is not because it's hard. It's not, imo it's just extremly long, miserably tedious and and boring to the point where I couldn't level past 52.

Just do what Diablo 3 did (since its the same development team now). Allow level 1's to equip level 110 gear by socketing it or transforming it somehow. You'll have folks blazing through the boring levels in no time. For folks like me, who has multiple level 100+'s, you skip all that boring stuff and get to the real game. If you don't want to fly past the boring stuff, level like normal.

It's hard to justify the level 1-69 portion of the game in Diablo 3, even for Seasons. I mean basically the game STARTS at level 70. Same with WoW, give us the option to skip all the earlier crap. Make a new toon, give us a free option to boost it to at least level 100. You still have to grind the 100-110 portion anyways, which uses the latest content. Do folks actually REALLY miss leveling in MoP?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorkin View Post
    I mean basically the game STARTS at level 70. Same with WoW
    I'll have to disagree there. There's certainly reasons and arguments to be made for leveling being a part of the game IF you enjoy that. And there are enough people that only play the game for the leveling part and that's fine, by all means enjoy the game how you want. Just let me enjoy the game how i want too, because that is not me anymore.
    Agree that there needs to be options (boosts are not a valid option) to reduce the time spent leveling, singnificantly so imo.

No one likes to quest before they can fly around or even before you get a mount (for folks that don't have the Heirloom bike). So just un-nerf dungeon experience before 60 or so at the very least. I don't mind questing too much once you can fly around. The issue is that it's still slow as balls. You could tank/heal your way to 100+ quickly before they nerfed everything. Now its just running the same dungeon over and over again for little gains.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFlame View Post
    Why's it that just because you like leveling how it is now i have to like it too? it's the SAME leveling experience since like 2007 or so when i started in WOTLK, doing the SAME quests in the SAME zones the SAME ancient way. I've seen and done it all, over and over again.
    What was wrong with having choices? They weren't good ones by any means but how is having no choices at all, like it is now, not worse?
    Also the majority if not most of the complaining I've seen is not because it's hard. It's not, imo it's just extremly long, miserably tedious and and boring to the point where I couldn't level past 52.
    Why is it that because you liked it before I had to like it too? That works both ways now doesn't it! lol

It's objectively better now, the game plays like a game. Before you were just squashing everything in your path with no regard for your spell book, no element of danger or risk, basically no game at all, just colored pixels moving while your level increments.

Frankly I don't care what you like, I'm just glad they finally changed it. If it's too hard or too long for you, I venture to suggest that you're pretty bad at leveling, because I'm leveling a toon at the moment and it's flying by, smashing out a zone in an evening, smashing dungeons, and I'm no superstar that's for sure.

Deleted
    I was hoping the leveling experience would be fun instead of dungeon grinding. Yet here I am dungeon grinding at level 79 because leveling by questing is so slow. I only pop into a dungeon I have not done to get all the quest done otherwise I leave because it's not worth the time.

I really enjoyed 20 to 60 experience. It was paced perfectly. Now in Outland and northrend it's unbearable pacing. Honestly this needs more work. It's not tuned enough for enjoyment. I don't even dare level pure dps class now. Spamming dungeons is the only way now... Again. The leveling really is a failure across the board. It goes to shit after level 60.

stop at the term "Scaling"... i hate this trend in RPGs /mmos. I'll keep playing WoW b.c. its WoW but others i've dropped due to it. Make it optional or something. How to fix leveling, engagning stories that span each zone(s) a difficulty curve based on each zone's main story staying yellow/orange if that's all you do. Option side quest you can do if you choose that will push you up in level making the main story quests easier. do eveything and yes you outlevel the zone just a bit.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    There's no reason to increase xp gains, its perfectly fine the way it is. What people don't seem to understand is that 61-110 leveling was untouched, outside of being able to pick where you wanted to go. Its the same amount of xp that it was prior to the patch. What was increased was 10-60, rightfully so, it still takes less time to do 10-60 then it does 61-110, and it takes under 24 hours /played to reach max level WITHOUT heirlooms.
    So easy to tell you have not been leveling based on your post. If you have you would not say such wrong statements. Everything you said was wrong. I'll laugh if someone gets to max in only 24 hours. Even the exploitation spamming dungeons and bringing a max level to finish the dungeon took over 40 hours. And that's the fastest way. Getting to level 60 takes 24 hours alone. I have no idea what you are doing or trying to do other than piss people off. You have zero idea what is happening and might not even play.

Let's see...
    Why is it that because you liked it before I had to like it too? That works both ways now doesn't it! lol
    ...didn't bother reading past the first sentence, oh boy ...
    It's objectively better now, the game plays like a game. Before you were just squashing everything in your path with no regard for your spell book, no element of danger or risk, basically no game at all, just colored pixels moving while your level increments.
    How's it objective? I agree the game plays better now for a new player but it's certainly not objective.
    The second part is just anecdotal. In my experience you do not need to give any **** about the spellbook, there is still no element of danger at least until 92 that stayed the same for me except it takes longer to kill stuff. So let's stay away from anecdotal evidence.
    Frankly I don't care what you like, I'm just glad they finally changed it. If it's too hard or too long for you, I venture to suggest that you're pretty bad at leveling, because I'm leveling a toon at the moment and it's flying by, smashing out a zone in an evening, smashing dungeons, and I'm no superstar that's for sure.
    aand we're at textbook narcissistic personality disorder and ego centrism... can't argue with someone like that, so I'm out