Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yassy View Post
    At the end of the day all of those changes do nothing but cycle what faction of player mentality is on top. Leveling sucks right now because it is monotonous. Adjusting the scaling, adjusting the damage, adjusting the health, and adjusting experience does nothing to change that.

Leveling needs far more overhauling than the lackluster band aid changes Blizzard made to it in 7.3.5. All they did was make the players who enjoy questing and leveling happy, while making those who dont not.

Out of all that WoD did very very wrong, it did one thing very very right. Gorgrond. Gorgrond is flooded with quests, Monster Hunts, Bonus Objectives, Treasures. What you ended up with was an actual adventure within a zone. There is so much to do and you can be in it for so long that even if there is a best path through the zone, you just frankly dont have to follow it. Because all paths are good.

In addition, relook at MoP rare's and the strengths they provided to game play. The glorious Pandaren rare advises players to use Interrupts, defensives, and CC. More rare mobs should be implemented into the game that allow players to use more of their classes tools than just their DPS rotation. Which often isnt even completed until 100+ and usually level cap. Then add adequate experience rewards, rare toys, good gear.

Professions are being squished in BFA which is another direction for player experience and should be looked at as a source of leveling.

The issue with leveling is that before 7.3.5 it was almost entirely dungeon spamming. After 7.3.5 its almost entirely questing. Leveling sucks because there is no variety. Create variety and it feels fresh and enjoyable for longer.

If you want to create an adventure while leveling, players should be encouraged to do other things aside from questing. Until Blizzard addresses this, leveling will always be controversial and leave a pretty sour taste in many players mouth.
    This is so true. One-shotting mobs is not a problem, because even if you fight longer, it's just that. They are not more dangerous. Its just a dull waste of time. Also, if you are one-shotting mobs because you are fully decked out in heirlooms, then the problem is not the game, but the person between chair and computer. If you don't like one-shotting, then don't fucking gear up as much. And if you whine about being not efficient, then stop complaining about one-shotting. People should get their priorities right.

But Blizzard needed an easy route, and they did it. Nothing more. And they have not even done this job properly, else there would be no need to adjust things in hotfixes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheBull300 View Post
    the only good thing to come out of the leveling revamp is the scaling.
    The leveling sprrd is ok 1-40 then the time per level plumets, the increase to mobs health 60+ is to much. Some specs have trouble even soloing 80+, and dont get me started on Draenor the unbalanced pos that turned out to be.

Leveling a non healer/tank is frustrating at times. Having my shadow priest die more times in wod content than anywhere because scaling in wod is up the shit.

In short as a 14 year vet of the game I feel the new leveling system detracts from the game more than it gives, the 'make leveling hard again' crowd was so loud that blizz caved and now all they say to us that found leveling fine as old content is old, "shut up! It's good now. You need to play the game how I want to!". Having heirlooms should purlt be at the old pace, a system implemented because they knew level bloat is a thing. Go look at Praches vid on leveling...
    Also this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spazlord View Post
    Heirlooms weren’t the problem, one shotting mobs with or without heirlooms was the problem. You still have heirlooms. The XP is still fine. The only real problem is that some players can’t handle a game without god mode, and my sympathy is nil. L2play.
    And some players clearly have no self-control.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Heirlooms still give 55% xp (not 50%).

Heirlooms still are like 5 itemlevel higher then greens at low level. And they level with you, they still work.

Many quest items don't even have secondary stats at 1-80 either, making heirloom slots superior. (need to fixed since this is actually a problem, a missing stat = 0, and 100x0 = still 0)

XP felt slower 20-40 on an Allied Race, but after 40, quest XP went up from 9000 to 11000 at 44 to about 14000 at 46. (heirlooms). But it could also have been my choice of zone, and 60% mount vs 100%. I went Stonetalon/Southern Barrens/Northern Barrens, generally those zones have a fair bit of traveling.

Heirloom flight map toy works great as well to go to like Searing Gorge from Grom'gol even if you haven't touched Eastern Kingdoms at all.

The absolute biggest plus of 7.3.5 is the increased choice of zones, and not outleveling them. You couldn't do 2-3 "level 10+" zones before as they'd be grey by the time you did only 1 of them. And you can do zones in a reverse order in some situations too.

Having to do the same expansion entry zones for the 10th+ time cause there was little variation (or 2 at most) was annoying, now I can go to a lot more zones in an expansion bracket. And also zones like Dread Wastes/Twilight Highlands, usually only 1-level zones, can be done fully now.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-02-16 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    So easy to tell you have not been leveling based on your post. If you have you would not say such wrong statements. Everything you said was wrong. I'll laugh if someone gets to max in only 24 hours. Even the exploitation spamming dungeons and bringing a max level to finish the dungeon took over 40 hours. And that's the fastest way. Getting to level 60 takes 24 hours alone. I have no idea what you are doing or trying to do other than piss people off. You have zero idea what is happening and might not even play.
    You really don't know how to read do you? I specifically said /played 24 hours. It takes under 8 to do 10-60 and it takes roughly 10-12 depending on spawns in certain zones like in Outlands having long respawns on quest mobs. Sorry to burst your burst your illiterate bubble. I've leveled 2 toons to max level in the last 2 weeks and I have a 3rd at 70 right now. So I really do know what I'm talking about, where as you can't read properly.