Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    American's often don't know European history or anything about Europe so it's hard for Americans to defend themselves.

1. Fascism was born in Europe as was Communism. Fascism killed 63 million people and communism killed 25 million in Russia and 50 million in China.
    http://www.spectrezine.org/global/chomsky.html

Think about all those "New England Patriots Super Bowl Champs 2018" t shirts we've given away!
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    You should because he's right.
    Another one lost to ignorance. So sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Well thank you for proving how ignorant and childish you are - if you never learn to accept other ideas, people will never take you seriously. Have fun with that kid.
    Do you really expect me to waste my time with a dysfunctional and delusional manchild? You weren't even worth the time of my first two posts.

You've already proven how un-fucking-godly dumb you are by not addressing any point I made when debating. So why on earth would I continue to waste my time? If you want me to continue this shit, I'd suggest you start paying me. Because that is how an interaction between superior (me) and inferior (you) should work.

I mean you are superior in the respect you have more chromosomes than me, other than that I'm not so sure. You can't ignore my points and replies to your points and then say I'm ignoring your points. You couldn't pour water from a boot if the instructions how were printed on the heel.

- - - Updated - - -

lol you are lost to ignorance apparently
    I'm pretty sure he is trolling you. I don't think someone can seriously complain that you are ignoring their points while they refuse to even read your post. You didn't even ignore his points either, he is just too dogmatic to even be having a discussion.

Deleted
    I mean you are superior in the respect you have more chromosomes than me, other than that I'm not so sure. You can't ignore my points and replies to your points and then say I'm ignoring your points. You couldn't pour water from a boot if the instructions how were printed on the heel.
    "It's difficult to win an argument against a smart person. But it's damn near impossible to win an argument against a stupid person." -Bill Murray

Which is why I have decided to stop arguing because there is no point to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I think I found my thread for the evening...not even one page read...this will be a fun read.

Deleted
    See, you realised you couldn't win the argument so resorted to be obtuse and insulting. This quote is applicable to you, not to me. There was never a point in you arguing, it is like trying to watch a fish walk.
    And once again you think you didn't lose, it sure must suck being dumb on so many levels. But at least thanks for being a verbal punching bag. Should be the highlight of your life.

Btw, still waiting for a counter argument.

Looking at how they did the survey, I'm a little hesitant to believe their results. The main issue is that they looked at itemized tax returns. First off, in order to itemize your returns you total itemization would have to exceed the standard deduction. That means the only individuals counted in this are those who had itemized expenses (including charitable donations) in excess of $6,100 (12.2k for couples, 9k for HoH). That removes around 70% of the population.

First off, you have to have a lot of deductions to take the itemized version, it's rather hard to hit 6.1k, unless you're a homeowner with a bad loan. I personally itemized this year because of some business expenses, state taxes, and a decent charitable donation, but usually I take the standard deduction. Second issue, is to itemize you generally had to spend a lot of money (around 6k). That in turn makes it so only the richest americans itemize. As an example, only 21% of those between 25k-50k income itemize their returns, whereas 93.5% of those above 200k itemize. So you're taking a very rich segment of the population and seeing how much they donated to charity. It will naturally skew the result.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

In this thread: MMOChamp tries to find reasons why charity is bad, selfish, and in general, 'not good enough'.

Doesn't matter if they are getting tax writeoffs. Doesn't matter if they are rich. Doesn't matter that USA is the richest nation. All that matters if that people are giving to charities that need the help.

I mean, I expect this sort of thing but it still surprises me. Some MMOchampions can find something wrong with literally anything. lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    In this thread: MMOChamp tries to find reasons why charity is bad, selfish, and in general, 'not good enough'.

Doesn't matter if they are getting tax writeoffs. Doesn't matter if they are rich. Doesn't matter that USA is the richest nation. All that matters if that people are giving to charities that need the help.

I mean, I expect this sort of thing but it still surprises me. Some MMOchampions can find something wrong with literally anything. lol
    The problem I have is when people use this thread in order to say that "USA is the bestest, this report is a proof, fuck you rest of the world" when it is not what the report said. The report doesn't say that the US was the most generous nation, but rather that it was the 2nd (in big part due to its wealth but not exclusively)over the last 5 years and now it is in 5th position according to the report choice of indicator. Manipulation of data is not cool.

Of course being in 5th position is still great, and there is no denial in that but the current trend is what is important in the report, the US' population despite being in a better situation than five years ago is less generous than before. Moreover a healthy dose of skepticism and knowledge of how the US work show that the current result is altered.

If one company does charity to avoid tax, it is not charity, because the motivation is 100% corrupt. One could say there is still money given to help people in the end and that's true. However the report does not take into account taxes and government investment. One organization building roads, school and so on is considered in the study as long as it is not the government and that do not make much sense. There are limits to the report.

An individual paying taxes to the government which will build/maintain a school is not taken in account.
    An individual paying directly charities in order to avoid tax which will result in a new school will be taken in account.

The end result is the same, but only one way is taken in account in that scenario. The problem is not if we trust the government or if the US is the worst/best. The problem is that this system does rig the end result. One country is not more generous than another because its system has loophole. I live in France which is scored kinda low (and with reasons), however the money we pay in tax for healthcare and retirement is not taken in account because it is mandatory, but in the end it does help people.
    The time participation data of the report is way more interesting