Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    You find ways to get that validation. For me it was WoW, for some it's social media. My gaming time started decreasing when I started getting real-world success.
    thing is you can translate gaming success into real world success the lines between virtual and real are quickly blurring

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Here's the article in question:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-tee...64001?mod=e2fb

The study briefly touches upon but doesn't quite nail why young people are so disengaged - schools suck and the teachers simply don't care (and before you start saying "it's the family yadda-yadda", the teachers are essentially line managers in schools and should look after the development of their students). You go to school and they drone about subjects they couldn't care less about (it takes a particular skill to make Greek tragedy and Romantic Literature boring), don't provide any guidance for the kids on what they should be doing with their free time and then they load the students with piles of homework.

This trend continues through university and early into adulthood and at the tender age of 28 the former students now have an existential crisis as they have no hobbies, no passion and no ambitions. A wasted life is being too generous of a description.
    ehhh another article that kinda beats around the the root problem with society but either docent realize or docent want to realize how deep and bad the issue is.

the root cause of all of society's current upheaval is societal nihilism. i think i made a post to a while back explaining but to summerise. society used to give people purposes to live, it no longer does. so people find there own purpose but not in the good find your own way kind more in the pick from this range of purposes provided by groups thing. groups like sole unquestioning loyalty eventually that devolves into extreams.

what do femenists, alt-righters, islamists, BLM memebers all have incommon ?
    a fundamental unwavering belief in there propaganda above all things, why because its so fundamental to there sense of self and purpose that if it was wrong it would destroy them. why is it so important to them? because its the only purpose they have in life because society failed to give them the wide verity it gave our ancestors.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I'm a teacher. A couple things:
    The kids that cheat are just playing the game but in a different way. People think creatively in different ways. The idea of molding kids to be carbon clones is why so many end up failing. Telling them cheating doesnt work when 99% of professional athletes use performance enhancing drugs doesnt really fly

People are given freedom, they complain about lack of purpose, they are given a purpose they complain about illiberalism.

Conclusion: Humans suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Despite how much I hate the Danish School System it's not bad.
    Depending on where you live each teacher has between 10-25 students per class. Up until 9th grade. ie the first 9-10 years of school.
    After that, each student gets assigned a tutor. This tutor is available if the student wishes to seek it. In addition, all students 2 hours each week where can come to a collective student research group where they can get help with whatever they need. (depends on school).
    When they are done with 9th Grade each student can decide what they want to do there on out. Most students are 16 years old.
    Generally, there are 6 standard ways one can go:

- 10th grade + 10th grade extended. Which is a year or 2 all student can take to expand on their grades if a certain thing you want requires higher than grade school subjects.
    - Technical school. Which is where most Secondary and Primary jobs exist. These usually take between 2-5 years. Requires real-life work as part of the education. Though if you can't find a company you can do the entire education through school. All companies get a bonus from the state if they take in and teach these students.
    - Technical College, which is an extended book education that focuses on preparing students for higher-end jobs that are on the Technical side. Takes 3 years.
    - Trading School, which an a extended book education that focuses on preparing students for working in the trading industry. Takes 3 years.
    - Gymnasium, which is an extended book education that is not focused somewhere specific. Takes 3 years and most that take it go on to University.(Has a max age restriction)
    - College, which is an extended book education that is not focused somewhere specific. Takes 2 years and most that take it go on to University.(Does not have a max age restriction.) Is the only school that cost money to join. But its insanely cheap (this is the one I'm in since in 27 and fucked up early in my life). Each subject cost 450 DKK or 76 US$.

After that people can go to University. Each of the above schools has teacher spending lots of time with each student. since classes are usually a max of 10 students in a class on the technical schools and between 5-15 on the book educations. The Gymnasium is an outlier which has upwards to 30 students but its basically High-School in America.

Also from a student turns 18 they are eligible for student pay which is after taxes roughly 850 US$ if they live for themselves or 400 US$ if they live at home.(lowered based on how rich the parents are).
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2018-02-12 at 02:02 AM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Stop playing the game of black or white, and realize that extremes don’t work well in society.
    Do you think freedom is bad?? Like, we go and say forced conscription is bad, a couple of decades later they are complaining about how patriotism is dying, lack of purpose and all that. Gated communities are open and they come out and say erosion of local culture and values. People say, I want cheaper prices so someone decides to make a better more succesful business model and then everyone is complaining about the death of mom and pops shops.

People fucking suck men.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot!!! Women get more rights and now we complain about the lack of marriages!!!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    We're all governed by the complex of conspiracies that we believe in. You create your own luck and the things worth doing are the difficult ones for a reason. It doesn't mean you too can't do it if just you put your mind to it.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.