My Armor Mage Deck by Mindfreak

If you would like to know details just comment I am typing the deck list, so give me a few hours cooking dinner at the same time. By the way, I only started recently in ranked play, so watch out I am on a win streak so far 12 wins and counting.

——-Update, March 14th, 2018——

Last edited by NerdLord; 2018-03-14 at 04:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    12 wins at R20 is pretty meaningless to be perfectly honest.

The meta sub-R10 and especially sub-5 is completely static at the moment and won't likely change until Witchwood drops. It's highly unlikely you'll be successful running this homebrew decklist past R9 (You might get past R10 in the 10-5 bracket because of the new ladder plateau system).

Also bear in mind that there isn't even a single viable Standard Warrior decklist at the moment.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2018-03-13 at 11:32 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    12 wins at R20, how astonishing.

The meta sub-R10 and especialyl sub-5 is completely static at the moment and won't likely change until Witchwood drops. It's highly unlikely you'll be successful running this homebrew decklist past R10.
    Should see my rank now, so what if I took a picture - continued to play, got hungry, took a break and decided to share this. Your logic confuses me as to what is so astonishing....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NerdLord View Post
    Should see my rank now, so what if I took a picture - continued to play, got hungry, took a break and decided to share this. Your logic confuses me as to what is so astonishing....
    So what's your rank now, then?

It was sarcasm. You posted a win at R20 against a Warrior, which has no viable standard decklist at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    So what's your rank now, then?

It was sarcasm. You posted a win at R20 against a Warrior, which has no viable standard decklist at the moment.
    Right now, I am at 18.

Elitist HS players always get down on the noobs.... ty for even taking time to try to come up with something new in this netdeck meta....

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now, I am at 18.
    Well, let us know once you start beating the actual meta with your homebrew deck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lenarific View Post
    Elitist HS players always get down on the noobs.... ty for even taking time to try to come up with something new in this netdeck meta....
    It's not being an elitist to critique someone posting a screenshot of winning a R20 game with a homebrew decklist as if it means something.

People come up with new decks all the time, and even put them up in the hopes they'll be the next hot netdeck. Unfortunately 99% of them are bad decks that can't compete in the current meta.

As for the "netdeck meta" - if you think that's in any way different to any competitive TCG you're mistaken.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't mean to be That Guy as well, but truthfully you can play literally anything up to about R10 and enjoy a decent win rate, since the lower ranks are a crapshoot.

My Wild deck for this season is Renounce Warlock. The meme-iest of meme decks. And it's still sitting at R12 currently.

By all means be happy with what you're playing, just don't think that you've cooked up the New Hotness that will break the meta and cruise your way to legend.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

BOW TO YOUR LORD, NERDS! , jk had to say that for some reason. Anyways, it anywhere on my post specified I was going after legend. I clearly enjoy playing ranked mode on a casual capacity, but only been trying harder recently because I want to see other brackets. I agree there are hiccups, but regardless this is a fun deck and I love it. Not really trying to bash meta decks, but it is fun winning.

I do love innovative decks but I'm just interested what the win condition is, do you just gain a load of Armour and out fatigue your opponent? I suppose it could work well against certain decks.

Also if it is a fatigue race do you really need iceblock?

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    I do love innovative decks but I'm just interested what the win condition is, do you just gain a load of Armour and out fatigue your opponent? I suppose it could work well against certain decks.

I imagine it's decent insurance in case the armour cards just won't show up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I imagine it's decent insurance in case the armour cards just won't show up.
    Ice block only buys you time for killing blows that require either combos or high cost cards to finish your opponent, if you need that card to mantain a late game with armour and fatigue the moment you need to use it you´ll often find yourself in a position where you don´t have the board and are very back on the mana spent so youll loose sooner rather than later on paper. From what I imagine from this deck, many of the tools you have to survive are specific counter to very concrete threats so the reliability of it being a good deck all-around is very low.

it seems like something fun to play but as @jackofwind said, 12 wins at R20 is pretty meaningless to suggest that this deck is competitive or that you´ll past r10 with it. Though it is always fun to see new things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenarific View Post
    The problem isn't the players. It's the second part of your statement that is the problem and the problem from that is you NEED to basically use certain decks or you lose. They would need some massive changes to their game like declare blockers in order to make the game a little less netdeck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish4ever View Post
    Ice block only buys you time for killing blows that require either combos or high cost cards to finish your opponent, if you need that card to mantain a late game with armour and fatigue the moment you need to use it you´ll often find yourself in a position where you don´t have the board and are very back on the mana spent so youll loose sooner rather than later on paper. From what I imagine from this deck, many of the tools you have to survive are specific counter to very concrete threats so the reliability of it being a good deck all-around is very low.

it seems like something fun to play but as @jackofwind said, 12 wins at R20 is pretty meaningless to suggest that this deck is competitive or that you´ll past r10 with it. Though it is always fun to see new things.
    You'd be hard pressed to reach r15 with a non meta deck at this point. It's flooded with cubelock, mongo pally, secret mage(which I'm assuming would wreck his deck), and spiteful priest. I doubt it would even be able to fare against kingsbane rogue any version.

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post

My deck relies on the following.

Arcane Articifer x 2 - gain armor equal to your spell cost.

Zola the gorgon x 1 - I use this mainly to get another Arcane Articifer in case one gets destroyed, but also use this to copy another 3 cost ooze the ooze that destroys opponents weapon and you gain armor based on its attack, good for those bane rogues or heavy weapon warriors.

Simulacrum x 1 - use this to copy mainly another Arcane Artificfer or, I copy a Alena, another ooze.

-

For AoE, dragons fury x 2, after casting two deck of wonders, sometimes I’ll get a three cost deck of wonders via Primordial Glyph. Also have flamestrikex1 and 1 Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

I have updated my post with two extra images, on being the deck list and the cost range.

- - - Updated - - -

Squirtle actually has it spot on. However, in a scenario where all my armor guys get demolished, the ice blocks come in handy for a Alena combo like...I’ll use simulacrum to copy Alena, drop ice block, ice barrier, by next turn I drop Alena, spawn a board of 5/5 dragons then say a priest pops his shadow priest death knight card (the one that destroys every 5 minion) then next turn I’ll drop another Alena.
    Last edited by NerdLord; 2018-03-14 at 04:25 PM.

Deleted
    Squirtle actually has it spot on. However, in a scenario where all my armor guys get demolished, the ice blocks come in handy for a Alena combo like...I’ll use simulacrum to copy Alena, drop ice block, ice barrier, by next turn I drop Alena, spawn a board of 5/5 dragons then say a priest pops his shadow priest death knight card (the one that destroys every 5 minion) then next turn I’ll drop another Alena.

Like I said and by the way that you are analyzing it, the requirement of Ice-Block to have its value it is to either have a heavy followed up plan for combos that´ll secure the game via-board fullness or to finish you oppponent with a big spell or combination of them. I´m not saying it is a bad card (it isn´t) but I am just pointing out that the requirements for this card to fully work as intended shows the flaw of the deck that is that it might need a high combination of cards to showplace in order to be really effective and that fact shows how the deck, in a way, can be taken advantage of it by being rather slow for the meta. I take for granted that against certain control or even mid-range decks it can work very well but I just see don´t see it working against top ranks. I might be wrong though but right now it is hard to make a clear thought in how to tier this deck with and expansion around the corner.

I might be wrong though but right now it is hard to make a clear thought in how to tier this deck with and expansion around the corner.

I agree, I would have to remove my two ice blocks, eater of secrets, cabalist tome, babbling book and manic soulcaster. I wouldn’t know what to use in those spots. Hopefully the expansion offers some decent mage cards or neutral alternatives, so far I do not like the current legendaries they showed, echo cards are cool and rush takes things to a new level which means my 1 cost 1/2 armor dudes won’t live til next round anymore unless I get some taunt minions out first.

Deleted
    But you have no win condition