Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    On this forum full of people that do nothing but praise Blizzard even for their mistakes, I'm sure he actually is alone. you guys are delusional, it's sad, i hope you all get better eventually.
    quite hillarious callin people delusional and having that signature same time
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by CSINada View Post
    Well i never said those games were bad, as in terrible dont ever touch them. It is just that if you take in to account their origins (talking about Starcraft and Diablo) those are barely comparable, Starcraft 2 popularity is just a shadow of Broodwar and sure you are right, the RTS genre is kinda slowly dying but at the time of the release it was still doing good, yet the reception of the game was... well far from what people (at least those who i played with) expected. Diablo 3 you are right as well, after new game lead designer with release of RoS Diablo 3 got much better, but on other hand, its again just a good game, its not impressive by any means and even more there are titles in genre that are just much more popular like PoE.

Most of things you wrote are correct in my opinion but they still prove the point, those games arent the top notch you would expect from Blizzard, they are well just good games.
    Sequels are always hard, people lose the hype they had from the original, because they have unreachable expectations for it. Diablo 3 was hyped for YEARS, but when it released in the state it was people lost interest, even with it being the much improved game now you can't get those people back. PoE is a great game in it's own right, but it also rides a lot on being completely free.

And with SC2, when SC1 sets the bar so high, if you don't meet that, even being a great game, you're seen as awful.

How old were you when you played the games you thought were clearly outstanding and epic? How old are you now?

Go around and ask other people what they did at those ages and how it compares for them. You have your answer.

Your chances to find someone who says what s/he did at 35 felt more epic or even as epic than what s/he did at 16 (for the same kind of activity) are very, very slim.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    On this forum full of people that do nothing but praise Blizzard even for their mistakes, I'm sure he actually is alone. you guys are delusional, it's sad, i hope you all get better eventually.
    You mean a forum where people don't instantly shit on a product but can actually see some of the good that came from it? If you want delusional hate go to the main blizzard forums. It's ok to admit when blizzard does good and also be critical of other decisions.

Starcraft 2 popularity is just a shadow of Broodwar and sure you are right, the RTS genre is kinda slowly dying but at the time of the release it was still doing good
    I was an avid RTS fan back in the day, now I mostly play 4X, all hail macro, so I have to correct you on one thingy.

RTS genre isn't slowly dying atm, it's deader than dead. And when SC2 was released back in 2010 many people were wondering if it's a good idea because by that time RTS became a niche thanks to MOBA boom.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    They're Blizzard Entertainment, not CSINada Entertainment. They're going to do things you like and don't like.
    Not sure how to reply to this? Am i supposed to not have an opinion on that matter only cause i am not the game designer? I kinda feel sad for you, since if you type this you must be blindly following everything without making your own decisions

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Ever visited in-game WoW? Everyone i talk to, feels the same way that WoW is not as great as it used to be.
    Apperently only on this forum, WoW is still the biggest #1 MMORPG with only happy players.

Sorry but there are so many unhappy players around nowadays, it's rare to still find 1 actually proud to play WoW player.

I do 100% agree on the OP, Blizzard changed. For the worse.
    Back in the days they made games for the players, now they make games for the money.
    They were always making games for money.
    Do you really think they were charity company?

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Sequels are always hard, people lose the hype they had from the original, because they have unreachable expectations for it. Diablo 3 was hyped for YEARS, but when it released in the state it was people lost interest, even with it being the much improved game now you can't get those people back. PoE is a great game in it's own right, but it also rides a lot on being completely free.

And with SC2, when SC1 sets the bar so high, if you don't meet that, even being a great game, you're seen as awful.
    True sequels are hard, very hard to match the expectations, but then again, Warcraft 3, Diablo 2 ? I am 100% positive Blizzard was up to task, dont you agree?

Blizzard is also adapting to the field right now. They are, after all, a company that needs to make money. Mobile games are a huge revenue generator, RTS games are dead. FPS games are in a upswing thanks to BR and MMO/RPG are around where they always been. We will act like HOTS doesn't exist.
    Last edited by xpose; 2018-02-12 at 05:15 PM.

True sequels are hard, very hard to match the expectations, but then again, Warcraft 3, Diablo 2 ? I am 100% positive Blizzard was up to task, dont you agree?
    The original Diablo wasn't really that great, wasn't even that popular. Btw, Diablo 2 released as a pretty meh game, it wasn't until the expansion it became the beast it is now.

And WC3, honestly most of its popularity is derived from its map creator, it SPAWNED moba's, which basically killed RTS... so it kind of killed itself in a way.

Blizzard has just as long a history of not meeting expectations as meeting them, just can't rose color those glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    WoW is not doing that great aswell. Let's be honest here, wow is inactive as it can be.
    lol yeah sure i don't see it. my server has been lagging for couple of last months because of how many people are online in cities (sw is unplayable) my guild is running a 30ppl heroic group and another one 15+ group i have more friends online then ever. legion is huge success

I think overall Blizzard is still a great game developer. Not many companies are really able to survive the transition to a larger corporation with their soul intact. *cough* EA *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    If you think those things you simply haven't played legion. All of the criticisms of the past have been fixed in legion and the community has been heavily strengthened by that fact. Sure, there are new problems, but at least for more that world of warcrack feeling is back with this expansion for sure.
    Are you mad? Legion is by far the worst crap Blizzard has ever created.

Your avergae gamer today is a whiny cry baby who wants everything RIGHT NOW! They don't want to earn things anymore. It has also become "cool" to badmouth everything, build yourself up by tearing everything else down. That is all it is, along with rose colored glasses syndrome, how everything used to be better, noboy really remembers accurately what games used to be like, when it took MONTHS to hit max level and more MONTHS to get your gear, and people yearn for "better times" not realizing what the game was really like. Look at all the people who whine about how the game used to be better and out of the other side of their mouths complain about a simple rep grind to unlock new races.

Hypocrisy is the new gamer mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    lol yeah sure i don't see it. my server has been lagging for couple of last months because of how many people are online in cities (sw is unplayable) my guild is running a 30ppl heroic group and another one 15+ group i have more friends online then ever. legion is huge success
    Honestly, I think he must play on a dead realm, judging by his thread about mergers. So his anecdotal evidence is different then ours because he refuses to give up on what ever dead server he plays on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Your avergae gamer today is a whiny cry baby who wants everything RIGHT NOW! They don't want to earn things anymore. It has also become "cool" to badmouth everything, build yourself up by tearing everything else down. That is all it is, along with rose colored glasses syndrome, how everything used to be better, noboy really remembers accurately what games used to be like, when it took MONTHS to hit max level and more MONTHS to get your gear, and people yearn for "better times" not realizing what the game was really like. Look at all the people who whine about how the game used to be better and out of the other side of their mouths complain about a simple rep grind to unlock new races.

Hypocrisy is the new gamer mindset.
    Vanilla only took "months" to hit max level on you first character and you didn't know what you were doing. Once you figured it out, leveling to 60 was a month or less.

Gear only took so long because Blizzards idea of fun at the time was 2-3 pieces a boss for 40 people.

Deleted
    i am just wondering if i am alone in this opinion or if anyone else seeing thesame problem as i do.
    sound like you should see someone for that problem

Now keep in mind timeframe the games were released, fe. when WoW was first timer, there was nothing, literally nothing that would even remotly compete with this game,
    BULLSHIT
    Everquest says hi.

thesame goes for other titles, up in their times they were just a level higher then then other games in thesame genre. Everything in those games and their respective expansions were about content, gameplay, consuming your time in hours that seemed like minutes.
    And again BULLSHIT for example C&C says hi!

And now look at what we got recently from Blizzard, where is that spark, that WOW holy s**t i need to play this game that is something new and refreshing? Expansion after expansion since WOTLK its been thesame for WoW, some raids, some dungeons, rarely a new class and very rarly some really new content that wasnt there before (Legion had great concept but after all it ended like MMO Hack and Slash farm fest). Now stuff that gets promoted in next expansion isnt a new content, new gameplay, its new cosmetics, new aminations, LETS CHECK THAT /flirt /silly ON NEW ZAN ALLIED RACE! (dont get me wrong its cool if someone like it, but its not something that should be focus of expansion for gods love...)
    Sound like the problem is YOU who doent like rpgs! go and play something else?

As for their other recent releases HotS is just a copy paste of any other MOBA, any new patch are just a new hero and some new skins, just me boring stuff.
    then you are surely glad no one is forcing you to play it, eh?

Heartstone is just money mine that was poured with expansions as soon as they can.
    So you claim to be a "hardcore" blizzard fan but as soon as these damn fools make some money they are EVUL right?

Starcraft 2 was huge fail for me and still after so many years since release its ages away from Starcraft Broodwar.
    fixed your sentence there as you left out the most important part!

Diablo 3? i think i dont I need to write too much about it, we all know the disappointment especially with vanilla, deservly its now a dead game.
    that sentence doesnt make any sense. btw you complained about wow being hack&slash and claimed to love d2 and you hate d3?....

TLDR The games that Blizzard releases in recent years are far away from the standard epic and great games they used to deliver. Lack of talented people? Too much pressure from shareholders? Developers burnt out? No idea
    no its just overfed guys who want everything good be toped by something better without realizing that this is not possible.

td;lr: its a YOU problem and not a BLIZZARD one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Starcraft 2 failed not because it is a shitty game (it's not) but because RTS as a genre is kinda dead atm (which is sad).

Hearthstone is one of the most popular TCGs out there right now, and it is an extremely popular game overall. Releasing all these expansions is not unheard of in TCGs... Most release multiple expansions or sets a year.

Diablo 3 started off shit, but when the old lead (Jay Wilson?) left it started turning around, currently it is a great game, but it's dead because Blizzard wants it to be dead, the definitely have something on the horizon for it.

HOTS is "just another moba" but it's honestly grown quite popular since 2.0, not as popular as LoL obviously (but fuck that game) but still quite popular now overall.

WoW and its expansions have always been a matter of opinion, in my opinion Legion has been the best WoW expansion ever, though not in yours and that's fine.

And OW is OW, it's easy to get into and is quite popular, specially with OWL out now.

But more then anything, it's all just a matter of Opinion, one could say "I HATE X GAME, WHAT HAPPENED TO Y COMPANY" to anything.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...mes_played_im/

I think this explain pretty well what's wrong with HOTS. Yes maybe is popular, but is not profitable for Blizz as they wish for. HOTS right now is overshadowed by OW and i wouldn't be suprised, if more players might come to HOTS, when blizz may announce next OW hero.

About SC. Actually i agree here, RTS genre is gone and there is no chances to bringing it back. Yep there will be still some hybrids experimenting to reduce missions time on campaign like it is with World In Conflict, where instead of building bases, you might call for reinforcements.

But generally... I agree with OP. Ok you can burn me now for heresy.

Hi,

i am just wondering if i am alone in this opinion or if anyone else seeing thesame problem as i do. I was a hardcore Blizzard fan, every game they made i would buy it instantly without thinking because i knew this gonna be epic game. I was there at Starcraft, Diablo or Warcraft 2/3 releases as well as Vanilla WoW and Diablo 2 (not to mention all expansions they got) and so on. Now all those titles where legends in their times, something even till this time got a huge fanbase (thus remasters, classic servers etc)

Now keep in mind timeframe the games were released, fe. when WoW was first timer, there was nothing, literally nothing that would even remotly compete with this game, thesame goes for other titles, up in their times they were just a level higher then then other games in thesame genre. Everything in those games and their respective expansions were about content, gameplay, consuming your time in hours that seemed like minutes.

And now look at what we got recently from Blizzard, where is that spark, that WOW holy s**t i need to play this game that is something new and refreshing? Expansion after expansion since WOTLK its been thesame for WoW, some raids, some dungeons, rarely a new class and very rarly some really new content that wasnt there before (Legion had great concept but after all it ended like MMO Hack and Slash farm fest). Now stuff that gets promoted in next expansion isnt a new content, new gameplay, its new cosmetics, new aminations, LETS CHECK THAT /flirt /silly ON NEW ZAN ALLIED RACE! (dont get me wrong its cool if someone like it, but its not something that should be focus of expansion for gods love...)

As for their other recent releases HotS is just a copy paste of any other MOBA, any new patch are just a new hero and some new skins, just boring stuff.

Heartstone is just money mine that was poured with expansions as soon as they can.
    Starcraft 2 was huge fail and still after so many years since release its ages away from Starcraft Broodwar.
    Diablo 3? i think i dont need to write too much about it, we all know the disappointment especially with vanilla, deservly its now a dead game.

Only somehow good new title that comes to mind is Overwatch, i personally dont play shooter but i can see how hypedd this game is so i hope they wont fuck up their last saviour.

TLDR
    The games that Blizzard releases in recent years are far away from the standard epic and great games they used to deliver. Lack of talented people? Too much pressure from shareholders? Developers burnt out? No idea
    ah, easy question: greed. since 2012.

(Hi to you, Bobby Kottick)

PS: psssst, you are a bit late to the party, OP.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2018-02-12 at 05:31 PM.

As for their other recent releases HotS is just a copy paste of any other MOBA, any new patch are just a new hero and some new skins, just boring stuff.
    Well, it's actually the other way around... any other MOBA are copy paste of Warcraft 3 DOTA scenario isn't it?

The biggest problem is the widespread access to the internet, copious amounts of micro-transaction games, and the lack of attention span.

The new generation doesn't know what its like to grow up without readily available access to a computer. So, when they are given a problem; it would be weird for them not to know the answer in minutes.

This also applies to the older generation. People are accustomed to being instantly gratified now-a-days. Our lives are shaped by the environments we live in, therefore, everyone is constantly in a hustle. Look at raids, dungeons, PvP, etc. People are constantly pissed if something takes them too long. They want it now, damnit.

So, MMORPGS are mostly failing, because of this mindset. No one wants to put in serious hours of meticulous grinding or hard work to get a reward. They want it now.