Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Should? The 980 gtx demolishes 1080 and 2k resolutions. How come the graphics card from the following generation (a TI variant at that) is marked as "SHOULD" be able to handle medium to high.

So confusing :/
    I would look at specific FPS tests, but the 980 is faster than the 1050ti by a good margin. The 1050ti's value is that it's a really decent card for less than $200. Where did you see that the 980 is faster than the 1080 in any respect? My understanding was the 980ti was similar in speed to the 1070 (I could be wrong). Would be interested to see your 980 vs 1080 comparison.
    Last edited by bshoults; 2018-02-20 at 02:16 PM. Reason: i can't spell

Quote Originally Posted by bshoults View Post
    I would look at specific FPS tests, but the 980 is faster than the 1050ti by a good margin. The 1050ti's value is that it's a really decent card for less than $200. Where did you see that the 980 is faster than the 1080 in any respect? My understanding was the 980ti was similar in speed to the 1070 (I could be wrong). Would be interested to see your 980 vs 1080 comparison.
    I think he is talking 1080p, not the card. Demolishes 1080p resolution, as in turn everything to ultra.

900 +1000 series has got to be one of the biggest performance jumps in GPUs for a long time, no mistaking or disputing that. The 1080 is nearly 70% faster on average.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

I had a similar issue a while back. While i was mulling over a 1060 or 1070, the prices were so bad thanks to these
    fucking scumbag miners that I couldnt justify the asking price. Even the 1070Ti wasnt a good deal. In the end
    Amazon came to the rescue and i got a good deal on a 1080. It was more than i wanted to spend, but at 600 dollars,
    it was WAY better value than the others and has some lasting power.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    I think he is talking 1080p, not the card. Demolishes 1080p resolution, as in turn everything to ultra.

900 +1000 series has got to be one of the biggest performance jumps in GPUs for a long time, no mistaking or disputing that. The 1080 is nearly 70% faster on average.
    Yeah, that makes more sense (I need more coffee maybe?). Regardless the 980 is faster than the 1050ti in every regard. The 1050 is a budget card, the 980 was once top of the line (and is still quite expensive). Comparing the 980 and the 1050 isn't really fair.

Deleted
    Just to check back in, I've finally gotten my 1080ti, and with no other modifications I went from 20 fps on Varimatras to 85+. So yeah, GPU matters a lot, even in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    Just to check back in, I've finally gotten my 1080ti, and with no other modifications I went from 20 fps on Varimatras to 85+. So yeah, GPU matters a lot, even in wow.
    I think you misunderstand where people come from with this.

Frame rate DIPS are CPU bound events, no gpu will help you. I bet if you fraps you Vari encounter you will still see these dips. If you really want to push the FPS past the point of reason(this ain't no first person shooter) then eventually you are going to be leaning on your GPU to the point where you may see a difference. For most people if you can hit 60FPS then they do not care(again, it is wow not counterstrike) and that can be achieve virtually everywhere with much less than a 1080ti.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Deleted
    Well, I was talking more about plummets, leaps of faith and suicide burn, not so much as dips. I'm pretty sire blizzard just gave up trying to optimize 15 year old engine, and for antorus you simply need raw power to make it pleasant.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    So, how much did it cost you?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    So, how much did it cost you?
    Managed to get one relatively cheap, only 900 euro. That is, cheap nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by OBM View Post
    In an ideal world where money isn't an issue, I'd probably buy the best graphics card on the market. But back to reality.. What is a solid GPU that won't break the bank and will handle any game with medium to high settings on a 1080p monitor
    A second-hand GTX 980.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)