Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    If you don't want to be shot, don't attack armed officers.

If five officers can’t detain a person with a club I detect some other issues.

The teen is not dead. The bullet want thought his head but it didn't touch his brain... not a huge surprise when you look at this story...

You struggle with the cops for over 2 minutes, you take the officer baton, what do you think will happen, someone else will draw his and start a duel? All that because he was told to not smoke inside.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

10+ Year Old Account
    Not the desired outcome to such an altercation, but an acceptable one.

Deleted
    I see what the OP did here. /golfclap

If you attempt to touch, to grapple, to wrestle with an armed officer, you are considered attempting to seize his weapon.
    That is a reason enough for them to shoot you.
    Don't do stupid things and respect the law and the court.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you are stupid enough to assault a cop, your ass deserves to get shot

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    You don’t know what unarmed means?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    It was deserved. Stop resisting and you won't get shot or beaten up. The guy filming was a total hippie liberal as well. "that's abusive, how dare you try to stop a criminal from resisting" They should have taken him to the back room and beaten him to a pulp, and asked him how he liked that use of force.
    Ya how about no.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prifter View Post
    Apparently the young guy was beating the officer guy with a blunt object
    If that is true, the officer is justified for his using his firearm as far as I am concerned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take up a weapon against a cop, you will likely forfeit your life. He's lucky to have lived.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

15+ Year Old Account
    5 grown officers can't handle one 18-year old kid, without shooting him. In-fucking-credible.

It just goes to show, people with guns are the same everywhere.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    I'm confused what where the other officers in that video doing? They look like they were afraid to assist?
    Deer in headlights effect.

There's been countless studys done on that observed behaviour. Out side of military trained people there's very very few who will react in any way logically to a quickly escalating situation like that.

It's highly normal behaviour for people to just stand around and watch violence without helping unfortunately. Similar behaviour is seen in most primates.

As I said before, if you disarm law enforcement then they can't shoot people.

Unacceptable conduct.

The officer should have had apologized to him and walked away. Canada is in a dire place. I'm so sorry for those living in there.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    As I said before, if you disarm law enforcement then they can't shoot people.

Unacceptable conduct.
    Yeah and then all the gangsters with guns can shoot our cops. That's some retarded logic you got going on inside that liberal brain of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Yeah and then all the gangsters with guns can shoot our cops. That's some retarded logic you got going on inside that liberal brain of yours.
    The guy was unarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Absolutely. It’s very obvious Canadian police lack proper training and threat deescalation tactics. So what if that cop suffered brain damage or permanent injury. He knew what he was signing up for. The life of one civilian is worth the life of 20 cops. I’ve played enough video games, watched enough movies and read a lot of blogs on fighting. I don’t know why the cop didn’t just use ninjitsu to perform a nerve pinch before handing the victim a smoke and a coffee. Fucking fascist.
    You attack me for wanting the state not to shoot citizens and call me a fascist? Not much logic here, mate.

Aren’t Canadian police trained in martial arts? I don’t know why he couldn’t just disarm him or talk him down. I know Canadians have a history of violence, particularly with natives and stealing their children to be re-educate. But this is just too much. I’m scared to visit Canada. Who knows what other human rights abuses are going on there.

Canadian police need to be trained in how to deal with violent people without using violence.
    Haha...what? Why are all the bleeding hearts this naive? Talk about sheltered.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Haha...what? Why are all the bleeding hearts this naive? Talk about sheltered.
    Works in Europe. Our cops know how to deescalate and not shoot people willy nilly. Sorry that you are okay with under trained, incompetent, brutalizing law enforcement.

Not you, the people who condone shooting someone who was taking a blunt object and striking another human in the face with it. Anyone who stands up to authority should be applauded and rewarded regardless of actions or behavior. This teenager should be a national hero.

I remember reading the story in America, how a 12 year old named Trayvon was gently pushing a man’s head into concrete repeatedly. The much older man shot the 12 year old and was allowed to keep his freedom. It’s like “you couldn’t let that 12 year old kid strike your head into concrete for a little bit?” Just horrible we have to resort to violence to stop people trying to inflict brain trauma.
    Oh, you mean the guy who stalked the innocent teenager and threatened him with a gun despite the dispatcher explicitly telling him not to? The guy who was arrested multiple times for domestic violence and other assaults, including with weapons?

To be honest watching the video all the other people there should be fired, except the guy that discharged his gun. They had him on the ground and somehow they still let him up to pick up a baton and go back at him wtf. They didnt even attempt to stop the guy from fighting when the other officer had his gun out?