ULDUAR Timewalking - What scales well, what doesn't?

So my guild is gonna run Ulduar this week and I want to have an enjoyable time. Enjoyable for me is blowing up the damage meter.
    I've never put much effort into "researching" timewalking, but I know that some of you guys have.
    I've read some wonky things about timewalking and the scaling involved. Stuff like guys having 30% haste at 110 and then only having 8% haste in the timewalk due to scaling.

So I'm trying to figure out what scales well and what to avoid.
    It seems like gear with sockets is good, but I've even read that gems from certain expansions scale better than others (which seems strange).

What about legendaries? Trinket procs? Like if roll into Ulduar with my WoD legendary ring and soul capacitor is that gonna be fun or is it gonna suck?

WoD legendary ring is trash, use the epic version of it. Soul cap has been trash since the legion pre-patch but it was always awful in Timewalking. Moonglaives & Blademaster are both incredibly strong even on single target.

Legendary cape is good, legendary meta gem is good. If you have really good legion legendaries they're good.

Then different gear scales differently, usually Ulduar gear is overbudgeted compared to other stuff when scaled down even for Cata timewalking since the squish made it all identical, Sunwell has some overbudgeted pieces too, but honestly it comes down to a mix of stuff from all over, raids, crafted gear etc. I worked out a bis list for rogue way back when timewalking was first announced but even that's probably not BiS anymore with all the changes that have happened since then.

Generally avoid tier unless it's a really strong tier set too, this was true even before they disabled the old sets since you got so much more stats and sockets on random off-pieces.