Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    It's because not all Allied Races are or will be sub races. Yes, you can call Dark Irons a Dwarf sub race, but you can't call Void Elves a Night Elf sub races or Nightborne a Blood Elf sub race, which throws your menu out the window. If later on they decide to add stuff like Vulpera, well, that's not related to any of the existing races, so how would it work?

Imho the rep grinding part, while unsavory, is a much smaller time sink than leveling all the alts resulting from a high influx of appealing races. With Wildhammer they can just add a new customization option to dwarves called Tattoos and a regular dwarf can become a Wildhammer. Isn't it implied that dwarf shamans are Wildhammer to begin with?
    Wait your taking a whole system I dont like, pigeon-holing it so that the only way to have Void Elves is through my sub race menu system and using that as a way to invalidate my point? huh?

You know, you can still have my system and Void Elves, just make them a different race from the parent menu and not a sub race. Done!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I’m more pissed about the heretige armor requiring grinding old content to get to 110. At least the rep requires current content, even if it is somewhat stupid.
    That's the only thing that irritates me about it. I've leveled every class to max level. I don't want to level another after leveling has been made purposefully slower. I agree that it needed changes, maybe they were the right ones, maybe not. I do think noobs need to be able to use more spells than one and done 20k times until max lol. They have just taken out everything that I used to lvl faster aside from heirlooms and I have no interest in leveling another character purely for heritage armor for ONE new race.

Quote Originally Posted by donjn View Post
    You know, you can still have my system and Void Elves, just make them a different race from the parent menu and not a sub race. Done!
    Because having two races (Pandas are not an argument) on the same character select screen with the same model is unprecedented.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I find it funny. You ask the question of "Why" but then give the answer you honestly believe. Why would you ask for reasons when you already "know" the answer?
    To see if other people agree with me. I wanted to see if my reasons are valid, and appreciate the opinions of fellow WoW players. Not rocket science to figure out why..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Because having two races (Pandas are not an argument) on the same character select screen with the same model is unprecedented.
    Oh yeah, two Blood Elves. I agree, but I seriously doubt that the person whose question I answered, thought that far ahead..

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually think stuff like this Will come later again.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't talking about the experience required to level, I was talking about the time it takes to actually do anything because of "quadrupled health" and "satisfying gameplay". Nevermind the classes while leveling are barebones af until artifacts and definitely aren't enjoyable from 20-110 by themselves.

Riiiight, so Allied races are a BfA feature then, so it isn't content for really anyone in Legion. It's just a bonus, as you said. Yet another reason not to give a shit about a game developer that only cares about the players that kickstart their next expansion for 8-12 months.

And no. We won't be getting more before BfA. You would have seen it at Blizzcon, you would have seen it mentioned in their plans. Stop with this complacent optimistic bullshit when regards to a company you admit is historically shit for not giving a fuck about an expansions content cycle for anywhere close to a year. It's fucking asinine. Every expansion they set their bar and every expansion they kick themselves in the ass and never improve.

And every expansion we have apologists like you looking to preserve their nostalgia or their memories or their experience and I say fuck you to all that, especially when you're self aware enough to realize how little Blizzard actually cares.
    I’ve been able to one shot mobs on my warrior from 20-40 so far with over power cries that prove all the time, kill speed really isn’t a problem mobs still die to fast if you ask me.

It’s a bonus if your gonna preorder if your not you don’t get the bonus why should you be given a pre order bonus if you don’t pre order?

I also never mentioned more bfa content we have for more legion related content post end raid then we have any other expan content mabye we will get more mabye we won’t either way so far there has been no drought.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look at this. Why couldn't Blizzard have done something like this? Could it be because there are no returns on this, and keeping people subbed to grind rep makes the suits happy?

because it would be lame..
    The way they do it now is with content.. you unlock a race! I mean my personal favorite in past games was unlocking new characters.. I am glad they waited so they can do more things such as phasing and all sorts of tricks to make it work, this wasn't even possible couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    it’s their game they can do what they want get over it
    Yes. Let's just end all discussion and debate about anything game related because it's Blizzard's game and they can do what they want. There are a plethora of other routes that Blizzard could have taken, many with some pretty legitimate upsides. The OP tossed out one that could have been a more inclusive strategy. We shouldn't just toss everything down to the fact that Blizzard can do what they want. Obviously they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Why? There SHOULDN'T be a reward for players that frequent endgame content to roll another character?
    When people who frequent endgame content already have every class at max level (With some duplicates) we shouldn't feel forced to level a new character through the same old content to get rewards for a recently race changed 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I’ve been able to one shot mobs on my warrior from 20-40 so far with over power cries that prove all the time, kill speed really isn’t a problem mobs still die to fast if you ask me.
    Pretty poor reply. You are talking about one ability on one class, and are you even using heirlooms? Without heirlooms and without overpower procs, are you saying the mob killing experience is a total joy?

Wait your taking a whole system I dont like, pigeon-holing it so that the only way to have Void Elves is through my sub race menu system and using that as a way to invalidate my point? huh?

Allied Races are different from core races in that:

1. They are unlocked at max level through a quest chain and reputation that presents their story for joining our faction.
    2. They do not have a personalized 1-20 starting experience.
    3. They are free to use existing race models or skeletons.

You can't make Void Elves or Nightborne or Vulpera their own races in the parent menu because they wouldn't work the same way basic races would. If it was just sub races, yeah, the menu would have worked, but it's a different concept that works for both sub races and new races.

When people who frequent endgame content already have every class at max level (With some duplicates) we shouldn't feel forced to level a new character through the same old content to get rewards for a recently race changed 110.
    The only one forcing you to level for cosmetic gear is yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only one forcing you to level for cosmetic gear is yourself.
    But why add it? It's clearly something that requires you to have already done endgame, the gear should have been rewarded at the end of the recruitment questline just like the mount. Encouraging endgame players to go through their godawful leveling content AGAIN is stupid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty poor reply. You are talking about one ability on one class, and are you even using heirlooms? Without heirlooms and without overpower procs, are you saying the mob killing experience is a total joy?
    With out over power procs it’s smash mortal strike slam slam. A while 4 gcd to kill a mob, not all that slow. I’ve also not been using heirlooms just quest rewards. And ya I am finding it a joy pulling a couple mobs and having to use victory rush to heal inbetween each feels a lot better then one shorting a group.

But why add it? It's clearly something that requires you to have already done endgame, the gear should have been rewarded at the end of the recruitment questline just like the mount. Encouraging endgame players to go through their godawful leveling content AGAIN is stupid.
    Because the three options for playing an allied race are leveling it, race swapping ($25-30) or boosting one ($60). Why shouldn't the people who don't want to spend extra money and work the hard way be rewarded? Rewards shouldn't be taken away just because people who aren't interested in allied races or people that spend money cry about there being reward for hard work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Your really not forced if you want the reward put in the work for it if you don’t don’t.

- - - Updated - - -

Rewarding people who want to play the game is never stupid. I don’t complain about not geting mythic gear because I don’t want to mythic raid if you want the reward do what ever it is that gives the reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your really not forced if you want the reward put in the work for it if you don’t don’t.

- - - Updated - - -

Rewarding people who want to play the game is never stupid. I don’t complain about not geting mythic gear because I don’t want to mythic raid if you want the reward do what ever it is that gives the reward.
    I've already done the content though, that's my point. The majority of the quests are over SEVEN years old with TBC and Wrath being even older. Why make us go through it again?

I’d much rather have it how it is now with there own lore and racials.
    Shame the lore is dogshit.

I don't really see much of a difference. You'd still need to pay for a recustomization or make a new character. And it ties allied races down as sub races, so things like Vulpera, Ogres, and other fan favorites would not be possible.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

7+ Year Old Account
    I've already done the content though, that's my point. The majority of the quests are over SEVEN years old with TBC and Wrath being even older. Why make us go through it again?
    Because that’s what they deem you have to do for the reward, if something is locked behind something you don’t like that doesn’t mean you should just get it any way.