Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Michael Moore participated in anti-Trump rally allegedly organized by Russians

Source

Michael Moore, the polemical filmmaker who has long accused President Trump of colluding with Russians, posted videos and pictures of himself participating in a protest in Manhattan that was allegedly organized by Russians in November 2016.

Prosecutors said Friday that the Russians indicted for meddling in the presidential campaign were also behind anti-Trump rallies that occured after the election.

The government alleged in an indictment signed by Special Counsel Robert Mueller that the defendants organized a Nov. 12 “Trump is NOT my President” rally in New York. Their “strategic goal” was to “sow discord in the U.S. political system,” the indictment said.

On Nov. 12, Moore tweeted: "At today's Trump Tower protest. He wouldn't come down."

He attached a picture of himself posing with a large number of protesters.

Moore also posted a lengthy video on Facebook Nov. 12, in which he joined the protest and debated voters at Trump Tower.

Approximately 25,000 protesters turned out in New York on Nov. 12, chanting slogans rejecting the then-president-elect, NBC News reported at the time, citing New York Police Department officials.

Amid heavy police presence, protesters marched from Union Square to Trump Tower, the Guardian reported.

Moore has repeatedly claimed that President Trump inappropriately colluded with Russians.

Last year, Moore wrote on Facebook: "It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what was going on: TRUMP COLLUDING WITH THE RUSSIANS TO THROW THE ELECTION TO HIM."
    If Russia's goal is to turn the parties on each other, it doesn't take much to spark this powder keg.

Being reported by: Fox, Frontpagemag and the Daily Caller. Kek.

It wouldn't exactly be surprising if the Russians sponsored an anti-Trump rally, we already know they did that to try to incite divisions. I think in one instance they tried to organise an alt right rally and an anti-Trump rally at the same time and place.

But let's wait until somewhere that isn't a joke reports it before jumping to conclusions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

You mean the Russians are trying to cover their tracks and make it seem like they are truly "both sides" and "sowing chaos" even though it's obvious they did help Trump solely? No way.

Also, you don't need a lot of help to hate Trump, he does it on his own far better than any Russian.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    You mean the Russians are trying to cover their tracks and make it seem like they are truly "both sides" and "sowing chaos" even though it's obvious they did help Trump solely? No way.
    Both sides are Russian, my friend.

Have a great day everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    The indictment did indeed point out that Russians organized anti-Trump rallies after the election took place. This was a sophisticated operation, designed to put Trump in office, but also to damage America.

It would be great if we had a leader that would do something about it.
    Eat yo vegetables

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    If Russia's goal is to turn the parties on each other, it doesn't take much to spark this powder keg.
    Not surprising at all.

I love that he is one of the FACES of the "#Resistance" - you couldn't ask for a better one, his FACE is a perfect representation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    The indictment did indeed point out that Russians organized anti-Trump rallies after the election took place. This was a sophisticated operation, designed to put Trump in office, but also to damage America.

It would be great if we had a leader that would do something about it.
    We don't have leadership in the executive branch currently, just a cosplayer living out his retirement at the expense of all Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Both sides are Russian, my friend.

Have a great day everyone!
    Are we all jumping on this train? I'm all for it.

Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

The irony of this all... is that the OP is helping to demonstrate the discord that the Russian government wants. Those "woke" independents seem to be a part of the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Russia is using social media to speed up polarization. Whether it's Trump, Hillary, left, or right, their goal is to weaken the US, and weaken our "soft power" in the world.

They succeeded. Though the beneficiary of that loss, in that power vacuum, will not be Russia, it will be China.
    Whatever the Russians have done or not done it is miniscule compared to what American Media and Oligarchs were already churning out. Its a complete farce. Russian memes vs Fox + Brietbart + Koch lobbying. Americans need to take a fucking look at themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Being reported by: Fox, Frontpagemag and the Daily Caller. Kek.

It wouldn't exactly be surprising if the Russians sponsored an anti-Trump rally, we already know they did that to try to incite divisions. I think in one instance they tried to organise an alt right rally and an anti-Trump rally at the same time and place.

But let's wait until somewhere that isn't a joke reports it before jumping to conclusions.
    Organizing the counterprotest aren't even the same really.

The goal is to piss of Trump and his supporters by given them more ammunition (especially if the Russian organizers start a riot or two). It's like how Russia supporter candidates like Sanders, it wasn't because they supported the left but the goal was to undermine Clinton and to give Trump more stuff to complain about.

Here is the difference though (for argument sake). Trump's side goal is hate while the other side is to combat hate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Whatever the Russians have done or not done it is miniscule compared to what American Media and Oligarchs were already churning out. Its a complete farce. Russian memes vs Fox + Brietbart + Koch lobbying. Americans need to take a fucking look at themselves.
    It is nothing short of traitorous what the conservative entertainment industry has done over the past three decades. They have deluded millions of people, basically doing all the leg work for a Russian counter-intelligence program so they would believe that Killary Klinton has 30 dead bodies buried in her yard in Chappaquiddick, presided over a large liberal hollywood/government child sex ring, while having a debilitating brain disorder, and sold uranium to the Russians for personal benefit.

10+ Year Old Account
    But what happened to Russia not interfering? You have some splaining to do zenky

10+ Year Old Account
    Moore is an idiot, but not sure what you think this proves...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Unless you have a better source, this is just about as good as the enquirer. Fox News stopped being legitimate when they literally put a racist "editorial" story on their site. I'm not saying what happened, and how, didn't - I'm just saying that Fox isn't a trusted source anymore.

(and yes, I have always hated Fox, but they usually got their facts right, albeit with the conservative spin - that is no longer the case)

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Unless you have a better source, this is just about as good as the enquirer. Fox News stopped being legitimate when they literally put a racist "editorial" story on their site. I'm not saying what happened, and how, didn't - I'm just saying that Fox isn't a trusted source anymore.

(and yes, I have always hated Fox, but they usually got their facts right, albeit with the conservative spin - that is no longer the case)
    3 Second google search

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...tion-2016.html

2016 rallies planned and promoted by the organization:

June 25: March for Trump New York
    July 9: Support Hillary. Save American Muslims Washington, D.C.
    July 23: Down with Hillary New York
    Aug. 20: Florida Goes Trump several Florida cities
    Oct. 2: Miners for Trump several Pennsylvania cities
    Nov. 12: Show your support for President-Elect Donald Trump New York
    Nov. 12: Trump is NOT my President New York
    Nov. 19: Charlotte Against Trump Charlotte, N.C.

Pick one of these stances.

1) Russia did not meddle in the election in any way.
    2)lawlz social media trolling from Russia don't do anything.
    3) Russia's meddling is very effective and has an impact on elections.

It seems that people on the right are holding on to all 3 stances when it suits their narrative.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    3 Second google search

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...tion-2016.html

2016 rallies planned and promoted by the organization:

June 25: March for Trump New York
    July 9: Support Hillary. Save American Muslims Washington, D.C.
    July 23: Down with Hillary New York
    Aug. 20: Florida Goes Trump several Florida cities
    Oct. 2: Miners for Trump several Pennsylvania cities
    Nov. 12: Show your support for President-Elect Donald Trump New York
    Nov. 12: Trump is NOT my President New York
    Nov. 19: Charlotte Against Trump Charlotte, N.C.
    Now, to my credit - I said I believed you, I just wanted another source. I didn't say there wasn't one.

Interesting . . . . I really don't know what to make of it, past Russia continued to fuck with the U.S. even after the election. You?

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Pick one of these stances.

1) Russia did not meddle in the election in any way.
    2)lawlz social media trolling from Russia don't do anything.
    3) Russia's meddling is very effective and has an impact on elections.

It seems that people on the right are holding on to all 3 stances when it suits their narrative.
    4th stance. Russia meddled but only to sow political discord, how much it impacted the election I feel was very little. People pretty much had their minds made up and chose to believe what fits their narrative.

So, I think the OP is comparing himself to Michael Moore. It's amazing how many people were influenced by the Russian collusion. It's a shame that the "woke" independents became unwitting shills for the Russians. I'm sure glad I didn't vote for Trump, that would be embarrassing.

Deleted
    Is mmoore the sister of rosie o'donnell?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, I think the OP is comparing himself to Michael Moore. It's amazing how many people were influenced by the Russian collusion. It's a shame that the "woke" independents became unwitting shills for the Russians. I'm sure glad I didn't vote for Trump, that would be embarrassing.
    Doesn't matter what you vote, comrade, all ur elections r belong to us!
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2018-02-21 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Infracted for spam