Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporebat View Post
    I havent used first aid since wrath even though each xpac i level it up to max.

Lets be real its such a pointless profession now and is of no real use in the open world or in raids and 5 mans now.

If you use a bandage and get hit once you lose the bandage cause it interupts it and using it to dispell poisons is worthless seeing how nothing in the open world can really kill you unless its WPVP which is being removed.

First Aid has run its course imo so just remove it and make all achieves FOS
    "If it's broken, don't fix it; just remove it", that's Ion and his ilk's motto.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    How could you fix it though? Without making it OP in Raids and pointless in the open world?

How could you fix it though? Without making it OP in Raids and pointless in the open world?
    For that matter, what about maintenance costs? Feature creep? ROI?

"Fixing" it isn't always the right choice.

another perspecitve:

Some people find WoW too easy, so they do self inflicted challenges. People who were against changes to make mobs stronger (when it was discussed in the forums) stated that I should do the ironman challenge, not advertise a change to mob difficulty.

First Aid is important for the ironman challenge for most classes. It's a good tool to help with survival. You're not allowed to choose tailoring or other non-secondary crafting professions. Removing First Aid makes it much harder to keep the Ironman challenge alive.

5+ Year Old Account
    OP in raids? I don't think that FA trivialized BC raids, although it was really useful. Ditto for PvP, but... Legion PvP is such a mess that ought to be tackled separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    every week when you run icc and heal the drake as a non-healer class.

clearly disappointing that more flavor goes just when you think blizzard did something to revitalize fa with all the quests in legion
    1 very old fight in all of the game. Good news you will have some sort of bandage option still, just not an entire profession tied to it. For almost a decade FA has been something people just burn a bunch of supplies on to get the achievement and never tough again.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    How would you fix it then?

FA just isn’t compatible with the current game or class design. All it adds is healing, so how do you make it relevant without making so strong it’s required.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Sure, sure, the go to is to remove features from the game.... not make them worth while. As I said: Less is more FTW.
    Sounds like classic servers will be for you then. You can enjoy First Aid in all its glory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    get rid of self heal (a stupid thing imho) and boost healing effect of first aid bandages and also make potion, food, flask etc more strong and basically turn back the clock to a time when those things were useful and mandatory.

stop removing rpg elements from the game and spend some time making them better.
    This suggestion is the same as removing rpg elements. And Alchemy has fulfilled this role better than First Aid. From the looks of it, they're not removing First Aid, they're merging it with Tailoring.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Sounds like the First Aid market in Legion is about to get hot!
    It won't be hot if the old versions are unusable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    It won't be hot if the old versions are unusable.
    That's the point. The items will be deprecated and likely unable for more to be created.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I haven't used, or levelled first aid since Vanilla... Doesn't bother me at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
    I like you, alot.

There goes my dreams of someday being able to farm the dragon in ICC...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    How would you fix it then?

FA just isn’t compatible with the current game or class design. All it adds is healing, so how do you make it relevant without making so strong it’s required.
    By bringing it to BC level, where it was quite convenient to have, but not to the point of being mandatory. Apparently, some folks can only think in binary, either it is useless or it is mandatory. Guess what, there is (or at least, there used to be) a middle point.

Not a big deal if it is, it was just taking cloth on non tailors and making it into barely useful bandaids. Consider that if you do group content with any competent healers they were extremely irrelevant.

Putting it into tailoring gives tailors a good way to level the skill without making a shit ton of random cloth armors. Sounds like more of an upgrade to tailoring than a downgrade to professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    Probably. When was the last time it was useful?
    Just before patch 4.0.1 of cataclysm when Recuperate was given to my rogue.

Good riddance, this skill has never been more useless and hard to level than Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    Not a big deal if it is, it was just taking cloth on non tailors and making it into barely useful bandaids. Consider that if you do group content with any competent healers they were extremely irrelevant.

Putting it into tailoring gives tailors a good way to level the skill without making a shit ton of random cloth armors. Sounds like more of an upgrade to tailoring than a downgrade to professions.
    If you're doing any kind of group content, you're liable to get hit and interrupted anyways. First Aid is an artifact of a different game design philosophy that doesn't quite fit into the modern game anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They also moved all First Aid Achievements to Legacy, so i'd say yes.

Not sure if this is much of a loss, TBH.
    I have never used First aid since vanilla, I've just kept it up to date but not with legion. fucking up first aid with stupid quests and more mats killed leveling it to max outside of darkmoon faire +5.

They could've made first aid useful again instead, but no, just remove everything because w/e