Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Remember when you could say "We can do so much in WoW, first aid, fishing, cooking" Well guess what, WoW is gonna be a game nowadays where u can just PvE and PvP. Rip the epicness wow has. by removing these things bit by bit.

First aid gone is a big loss
    I can remember when you could say that(which is, well, right now), but i don't remember anybody ever actually doing it.

First Aid has only ever been a tool for PvE and PvP anyway, so your argument falls flat on its face regardless.

Thing is, there were some really nice RP things added to First Aid in Legion...but they can't be made or used on players, they were only there for the level up quests, like Stabilize, Treat Burns, Treat Fever, and Set Bone. And the new Luffa could only be used on the Broken Shores. Basically the cool things were more or less worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Remember when you could say "We can do so much in WoW, first aid, fishing, cooking" Well guess what, WoW is gonna be a game nowadays where u can just PvE and PvP. Rip the epicness wow has. by removing these things bit by bit.

First aid gone is a big loss
    That is so bullshit.

1. they are moving bandaids to Tailoring, so nothing there gets removed.
    2. I doubt many people look back and think "ah, I remember leveling up fishing, that was fun!". Actually I am about 99% sure no one have ever said that.

No profession helps making the game more "epic". Are they a nice addition? Sure, but will it be devestating for the game to tune them, and remove things that aren't used anymore? Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by bigsav1 View Post
    Yep, because first aid added such flavor. God whatever will we do without it?!

That is a Blizzard issue, not a First Aid issue.

Things don't need to be "removed" when they're not interesting enough. They should be improved. I don't get why people don't understand that. It's Blizzard's job to improve the game - not simply by removing things they're too lazy to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsav1 View Post
    Yep, because first aid added such flavor. God whatever will we do without it?!

Things don't need to be "removed" when they're not interesting enough. They should be improved. I don't get why people don't understand that. It's Blizzard's job to improve the game - not simply by removing things they're too lazy to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    That is so bullshit.

1. they are moving bandaids to Tailoring, so nothing there gets removed.
    2. I doubt many people look back and think "ah, I remember leveling up fishing, that was fun!". Actually I am about 99% sure no one have ever said that.

No profession helps making the game more "epic". Are they a nice addition? Sure, but will it be devestating for the game to tune them, and remove things that aren't used anymore? Nope.
    People said the same thing about 5 levels vs. 10 levels. People said the same thing about the removal of stuff like ammo/reagents, people said the same thing about the talent tree system, people said the same thing when they removed a large portion of abilities/buffs. And now look at the state of the game.

Removing one thing is never the cause for concern, but rather when a bunch of things are removed and an equivalent / greater amount isn't added to replace them.

Blizzard keeps doing this and people will keep justifying it until the game is a shell of what it formerly was. Which is currently is - though things can always get worse, I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    About time they removed it.

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post

People said the same thing about 5 levels vs. 10 levels. People said the same thing about the removal of stuff like ammo/reagents, people said the same thing about the talent tree system, people said the same thing when they removed a large portion of abilities/buffs. And now look at the state of the game.

Removing one thing is never the cause for concern, but rather when a bunch of things are removed and an equivalent / greater amount isn't added to replace them.

Blizzard keeps doing this and people will keep justifying it until the game is a shell of what it formerly was. Which is currently is - though things can always get worse, I suppose.
    I don't miss a single thing they removed. Most of the "options" we had with the old talent system is baseline now, and was 1/2/3/4/5% of this and that. In the end "option" was just an illusion as everyone took the exact same talents (except those who didn't knew better and underperformed).

And who cares if it is 5 or 10 levels? In the end it is a boring grind that takes the same time if it is 5 or 10 levels.

Ammo/arrows is just good that is gone, was a pain in the ass if you ran out in the middle of a raid because you only had 3k in your quiver, same thing with reagents.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Sometimes removing something that doesn't work is the best improvement you can make.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...A damned shame.

There is SO MUCH that could have been done with First Aid to make it relevant over time. No, they had to make it a Bandage/Cloth grind only. Health Potions being First Aid Only would've helped make it relevant. Healer Spec-exclusive First Aid items would've been awesome. There's just so much that could've been done that wasn't.

It would've been cool if you could set up an Emergency Triage Tent during boss encounters. While the tent is up, You get 50% of your health back once it falls below 30%. It also boosts healing for any Healers standing near it. It would last for 30 minutes and has a 60 minute cooldown.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

So... title achievements like Field Medic will no longer be attainable?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    So... title achievements like Field Medic will no longer be attainable?
    Maybe or they will be changed to include the new Tailoring bandages.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

if they were going to remove a proffession it should have been archeology atleast first aid sdid somthing unlike archy...

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    I don't miss a single thing they removed. Most of the "options" we had with the old talent system is baseline now, and was 1/2/3/4/5% of this and that. In the end "option" was just an illusion as everyone took the exact same talents (except those who didn't knew better and underperformed).
    That is simply untrue.

And who cares if it is 5 or 10 levels? In the end it is a boring grind that takes the same time if it is 5 or 10 levels.
    People did care - hence why Blizzard went back to the previous system. They told us 5 levels would give us the same amount of content and it did not.

Ammo/arrows is just good that is gone, was a pain in the ass if you ran out in the middle of a raid because you only had 3k in your quiver, same thing with reagents.
    I disagree with you.

If you failed to prepare before a raid, that's on you. By your logic, why not remove food? After all, if you ran out of food in the middle of a raid it's a pain in the ass. Same with potions / elixirs. Like that logic makes no sense. It's an MMORPG and in RPGS you do things in order to feel the fantasy. It totally ruins the fantasy of my Hunter that I don't need to stock up on Ammo or have to feed my pets.

If you failed to prepare before a raid, that's on you. By your logic, why not remove food? After all, if you ran out of food in the middle of a raid it's a pain in the ass. Same with potions / elixirs. Like that logic makes no sense. It's an MMORPG and in RPGS you do things in order to feel the fantasy. It totally ruins the fantasy of my Hunter that I don't need to stock up on Ammo or have to feed my pets.
    Running out of food is annoying, and barely matters outside of progression. Running out of ammo straight up fucks you over, and also wastes the time of everyone around you, while also adding a DPS tax for hunters.

Lets face facts, most people don't use 1st aid. Some did, like when I leveled my 1st mage originally and used bandaged to heal. But now a day, the only people who used Bandages were pvp twinks, because you could learn make bandages to use, for levels higher than you actually are. If it goes through, yes my level 60 rogue will miss them, but tbh it was an abused mechanic.

Yeah, seems like first aid is being removed.

A shame really... the bandages were actually pretty useful in most of the expacs. I have no idea why they simply didn't want the bandages in Legion to heal you for a significant amount.

That is simply untrue.

People did care - hence why Blizzard went back to the previous system. They told us 5 levels would give us the same amount of content and it did not.

I disagree with you.

There is a slight difference between running out of something that gives you 375 stats, and something that literally makes you do zero damage without it.

I know you purist people wish we had the same hell as back in Vanilla, and good for you - Classic servers are comming! Where you can stock up on arrows, create a ton of bandages, farm some resistance gear and have a TON of fun if you're playing a warlock as well, by farming Soulshards for three hours before the raid.
    Cheerio.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    member when WoW required some skill and you could blind someone as rogue then bandage/vanish. I member
    Dude, you can skillfully work your way to the AH and buy bandages from a tailor next XP.....

I enjoyed having first aid, but I don't think I'd actively used it since Wrath of The Lich King. It was just a compulsory thing to spend a few minutes leveling up to the max for the sake of completionism, but it added no gameplay at all. Fishing, Archaeology, Cooking, those have a lot of gameplay relevance and use.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    if they were going to remove a proffession it should have been archeology atleast first aid sdid somthing unlike archy...
    Eh. Archeology provides fluff lore for various races in an expansion and occasionally interesting items. And if Blizzard does decide to give player Housing another go and make it more like what other MMOs do rather than garrisons... Archeology could be a source of some housing items (like they were in Garrisons).

First Aid has been mostly useless since before Archeology was put into the game.