Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Make up new Affixes

All of us who enjoy M+ are looking forward to new affixes in BfA, right? But coming up with new affixes that are challenging and interesting and balanced must be a challenge in itself. So let's help! Anyone got ideas for new affixes they think would be good for the game?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I'd like to see one where you can only see so many yards in front of you. They have used this mechanic a few times in raid encounters this expansion.
    It would probably quickly get frustrating though.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Pantsed: when hit by an enemy there is a chance they remove your pants
    Oh noes! You can kill me, but don't mess with my mog!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    All of us who enjoy M+ are looking forward to new affixes in BfA, right? But coming up with new affixes that are challenging and interesting and balanced must be a challenge in itself. So let's help! Anyone got ideas for new affixes they think would be good for the game?
    Yeah, give warrior tanks a combat ress ability and make legendary bracer heal effect a baseline. That would add balance to the power.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Freezing: Every second while standing still, you gain 1 stack of Freezing Blood, slowing movement speed by 10%. Upon reaching 10 stacks, you're stunned for 3 seconds. Moving removes a stack of Freezing Blood.

Basically, keep moving or you freeze. it's kind of like the final boss of The Nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    Yeah, give warrior tanks a combat ress ability and make legendary bracer heal effect a baseline. That would add balance to the power.
    How is that a M+ affix?

Observant: Non boss mobs have a chance to aggro to you which increases when they can see you and/or hear you and the longer they can do either.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Freezing: Every second while standing still, you gain 1 stack of Freezing Blood, slowing movement speed by 10%. Upon reaching 10 stacks, you're stunned for 3 seconds. Moving removes a stack of Freezing Blood.

Basically, keep moving or you freeze. it's kind of like the final boss of The Nexus.
    I like it! Except it would be hardly noticeable for some classes like BM hunter, and crippling for others like priest.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    So - basically no ranged allowed.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

"But I always outdeal them": have a random LFR-player assigned to your group

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Observant: Non boss mobs have a chance to aggro to you which increases when they can see you and/or hear you and the longer they can do either.
    I like anything that improves NPC AIs. How about Active: All mobs in dungeon are patrolling and may not be where you are used to finding them.

I like anything that improves NPC AIs. How about Active: All mobs in dungeon are patrolling and may not be where you are used to finding them.
    To me - it just seems silly that I can sit 30yds from a few NPCs eating, chatting and even attacking other NPCs - yet they just don't notice

timeout,- at random every 15-30 seconds a player is put in timeout for 10 seconds,this player can not cast/act/or do anything for the 10 seconds they are in timeout (Targets Tanks/Healers/DPS, but cant target same twice after each other. so it could go tank healer tank healer, or just cycle dps).
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    To me - it just seems silly that I can sit 30yds from a few NPCs eating, chatting and even attacking other NPCs - yet they just don't notice
    I've commented more than once that bosses are so patient, allowing us to eat and set up raid markers and discuss strategy for how to kill them... and still they wait for us to take the first shot!

kind of like active,

could also have,

Backup: at 25% health mobs have a 50% chance to instant cast backup, this will pull a random mob within 100yards of it. this could pull 1 whole trash pack, or you could have 2 mobs pull 2 random trash packs.

- - - Updated - - -

I've commented more than once that bosses are so patient, allowing us to eat and set up raid markers and discuss strategy for how to kill them... and still they wait for us to take the first shot!
    Perception: bosses/mobs have a chance to randomly increase there aggro range 10fold.

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    timeout,- at random every 15-30 seconds a player is put in timeout for 10 seconds,this player can not cast/act/or do anything for the 10 seconds they are in timeout (Targets Tanks/Healers/DPS, but cant target same twice after each other. so it could go tank healer tank healer, or just cycle dps).
    So just rng wipes on highkeys if it targets your heal during aoe or the tank right after the pull?

kind of like active,

could also have,

Backup: at 25% health mobs have a 50% chance to instant cast backup, this will pull a random mob within 100yards of it. this could pull 1 whole trash pack, or you could have 2 mobs pull 2 random trash packs.

- - - Updated - - -

Perception: bosses/mobs have a chance to randomly increase there aggro range 10fold.
    I like Perception! Would force us to be careful as we path through dungeon. Although I wouldn't want to try Seat of the Triumvirate with that affix. :P

Similar to Taran Zhu (last boss from Shado-Pan Monastery):

Hatred: When taking damage you fill up a bar. You can use an extra ability to reduce that bar. At 100%, you are 99% less effective.

The extra ability has a cooldown which would make this difficult to manage.

Generally, it seems that there are some good ideas which we can take from bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Vluffyvlaush View Post
    So just rng wipes on highkeys if it targets your heal during aoe or the tank right after the pull?
    would be fun nonetheless 10 seconds isnt long for most tanks, if they pop cds.

- - - Updated - - -

I like Perception! Would force us to be careful as we path through dungeon. Although I wouldn't want to try Seat of the Triumvirate with that affix. :P
    no, you wouldnt,

imgaine the hallway in Hall of Valour,

or Karazhan, upper/lower...

damn son.

Idk what level mythic you are doing but in anything remotely high level, the tank or the healer vanishing for 10 secs would mean a wipe.