Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I'd rather say that they're larvas.

Better image for non-sensitive people:
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...5993348225.jpg
    Look more like postules to me...

Madness will consume you!!!

It's already been established that G'huun isn't a full-fledged "official" Old God, but an accidental by-product of the Keepers doing experiments on the Old Gods to try and come up with a solution to them.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/G%27huun
    http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...battle-azeroth
    "So there is a facility in Nazmir, where the Titans were doing experiments on Old gods. They were trying to solve the Old god problem; and you can imagine when you start experimenting on an Old god, really bad stuff has the potential to happen. What they ended up creating was something far worse; and this sorta new blood god — who you are going to see eventually (and this a huge amount of spoiler for you), but this facility only has one of the three seals remaining on it."
    /Catchphrase!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannihilate View Post
    It's already been established that G'huun isn't a full-fledged "official" Old God
    And as we all know, nothing that Blizzard has ever previously established has ever changed.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Nope. I read it and realized it stopped short of actually telling us how many Old Gods landed on Azeroth. What it did do with certainty is show us the territories of the Old Gods when the Titans arrived. If other Old Gods existed before and had been consumed by their brethren, they wouldn't show up on the map or in discussions of the primary battles against the Old Gods.

However, this Shul-Nagruth might just be G'huun's equivalent to Il'gynoth. A growth from an Old God.

One thing that is interesting on that point is that it is heavily suspected that there are other landmasses on Azeroth, as there is the whole tropical south issue that was further cemented when chronicle specifically states that old Kalimdor before the Sundering was the "largest" landmass on Azeroth. For all we know there are other Titan facilities hiding on other continents that are larger than current day Kalimdor or Eastern Kingdoms, as well as other Old Gods. We already know that Titan facilities didn't keep in good contact with one another with the story given in Chronicle about Tyr and Ra going from one facility to another to check up on them, or the fact that they could just plainly hide in them.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    And as we all know, nothing that Blizzard has ever previously established has ever changed.
    And that not even established. A guy saying lore plans in alpha is not canon, it's only canon after appering in game or oficial source.

And i still think they will go with this plot point. But so far on alpha G'huun is a regular Old God.
    Last edited by Ailil; 2018-03-26 at 06:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailil View Post
    And that not even established. A guy saying lore plans in alpha is not canon, it's only canon after appering in game or oficial source.

And i still think they will go with this plot point. But so far on alpha G'huun is a regular Old God.
    Honestly, I'd actually prefer the earlier idea - the concept that G'huun was basically a bunch of bits and pieces and scraps and biological samples that the Titans gathered together from other Old Gods for study that all glommed together and came to life as a 'new' Old God is awesome. He's just a big fat babby come to life! But the idea that there are any number of minor Old Gods besides the Big Four, like Xal'atath and (possibly) Ryun'eh, is cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    Look more like postules to me...
    G'huun has a shaking animation where the white parts on his back are missing, and there's a bunch of adds in the fight. You do the math.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    G'huun has a shaking animation where the white parts on his back are missing, and there's a bunch of adds in the fight. You do the math.
    Please let me know where I can find this animated model? Is his fight being tested somewhere? I've only seen static model shots on wowhead so far. I must see his delightful squishiness for myself.

edit - found it!

edit2 - HE HAS A STRETCHY LEECH MOUTH, AAAA! I LOVE HEEM!
    Last edited by Golden Yak; 2018-03-26 at 09:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This is his animation rig (click to view):

"SpellCastOmni" is the likely minion-spewing shake. "CustomSpell01" is his weird extensible maw attack.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    A black goat with seven heads, seven eyes and a female personality.
    y'shaarj is the black goat wow version

the 7 sha from pandaria

G'Huun vs Shub-Niggurath

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    G'huun has animations now. Those definitely look like eggs embedded in her flesh.
    https://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/132998-ghuun

Also, there seem to be egg models designed for her. Considering that she seems to spawn those Dark Young in her raid, I feel I'm correct in my assessment that she's the actual Shub-Niggurath figure here.
    Isn't it a male? Or at least last I saw male pronouns were used to describe it.

Sounds like a new Old God to me. Hopefully Blizzard wouldn't use the name of one of the more famous Lovecraftian horrors for some servant or weakling. Also it shares a color scheme with G'huun, so likely is that they're connected. Maybe this was what the Titans experimented on in order to produce G'huun in the first place? Or it's a new one, invading from outside, as described by the puzzle box?

Anyway, interesting catch. Seems to be quite a lot of Old God-related stuff in BFA after all.

Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    [IMG]http://kstatic.inven.co.kr/upload/2018/03/27/bbs/i13141853137.jpg[IMG]

G'Huun vs Shub-Niggurath
    is... is that tiddies?

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at the stun animation. So delightfully jiggly.

So what's the current theory, Shul-Naguruth is the 5th dead Old god and G'huun created from it's remains that the Titan-forged found?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    So what's the current theory, Shul-Naguruth is the 5th dead Old god and G'huun created from it's remains that the Titan-forged found?
    I'm going with 'Shul-Naguruth was G'huun's original name, Blizz decided it was too wordy for a major story character, changed it to G'huun, but hasn't changed the names of other NPCs that refer to the original name yet.'

Your theory is way cooler, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I'm going with 'Shul-Naguruth was G'huun's original name, Blizz decided it was too wordy for a major story character, changed it to G'huun, but hasn't changed the names of other NPCs that refer to the original name yet.'

Your theory is way cooler, though.
    I'm kinda hoping that it turns out that Shul-Naguruth was Xal'atath who was sacrificed by the other Old Gods. Her soul/mind being placed into the blade and her body left to "rot" but is later found by the Titan-forged and experimented on and becomes this chaotic god of rot.

Maybe im a hopeful Xal'fanboy but I keep thinking that this quote that includes her in "us" is about cleverly about her and not N'zoth.

Xal'atath whispers: It is ironic that the weakest of us may be the ultimate victor. C'Thun, Yogg-Saron, Y'Shaarj, and... well. Only one would remain to consume the world, that was always meant to be.
    I could be really wrong, but I'm hoping I'm right

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the last boss from Quake