Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Because it's too hard to maintain a 20 man, inflexible roster. Flex raiding was too much of a game-changer. Mythic sucks in comparison, because you have to have people sit constantly, or risk not having enough people when someone inevitably doesn't show up.

How do you hold on to skilled people while being forced to sit them?

If mythic were 10 man, preferably flexible, then I would raid mythic. As it stands, it's too difficult to organize.

Also, the early difficulty of mythic is tuned for world first, so going in there when you've cleared heroic was too big of a difficulty spike imo. I'm in the minority, I know, but I liked the difficulty of EN. ToV was like hitting a brick wall in comparison, whereas I actually managed to clear EN with friends.

I don't like how mythic basically requires you to ditch anyone who isn't perfect. I would have had to leave a lot of friends behind to raid mythic in it's state during ToV, and I'm not sure it's much better now.

Maybe mythic just isn't for people who want to raid with friends. I don't really have a huge issue with that, but I prefer when you can (soft) carry a few people, and one mistake doesn't wipe the group.

Tl;Dr: I just think the mode is tuned for the top 1000 players, at least early on, and requiring 500+ attempts on stuff like KJ is just not fun. That's forgetting that maintaining a strict 20 roster is such a pain. If these are irreconcilable facets of the mythic experience, then it's just not for me.

Wiping is annoying as hell.

Edit: As in 100+ times for a single boss. In Heroic you might spend a night working on a boss but its better than an entire week.

There are a lot of reasons. I used to be into that scene back in vanilla through wrath but... It's not worth it. It kills guilds pushing that content and is a breeding ground for assholes. I prefer to just chill with some friends and not worry about it so much. Honestly we would probably push a few mythic kills if it weren't for the 20 man restriction. That is simply too big of a raid to field for us nowadays. Mid pop server with poor recruitment and a few friends just out for some beer league raiding.

Also to be honest having seen both sides of it the only difference between casual raiding guilds and hardcore raiding guilds (aside from pure dps/hps output) is how many wipes they have time to put up with. No matter what skill level you play at, it's always the SAME people that wipe you for the SAME reasons every time.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Been there done that. If you don't feel free in your free-time it's time to do something else...
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IceMan1763 View Post
    The paradigm Blizzard has created for Mythic is completely and utterly ridiculous... and several changes in Legion pushed the ridiculousness to all time new heights. The ridiculousness I speak of is that the Mythic raiding environment now has a serious barrier to entry that is the amount of time you can invest into a single character. Skill is no longer the biggest barrier to participating in the hardest difficulty content, and I think the high end raiding environment was FAR healthier when skill was the biggest factor. When this started to erode for me was when split raiding the lower level difficulty (or more than one of them) raids become almost required to be a competitive guild. While split raiding was always possible, it didn't seem to really catch on until MOP. The introduction of higher ilvl procs of the same piece made it more lucrative to split raid, in my opinion.
    Your problem is that you are tryharding too much. It is perfectly possible to raid Mythic and not do all the nonsense you have mentioned. You don't HAVE to be top 10 guild and not even top 100.

For me, as long as we clear Mythic raids before next ones release I am a happy camper and we do this just fine every tier for years, even ToS which was very difficult, we did it, with 2 raiding nights per week, 3 hours each and not enforcing any mandatory rules like specs, gear, etc. We did enforce appropriate Artifact Power level for main specs and one M+ for weekly chest, but our AP level was the minimum required to have all abilities necessary and nothing more - for example - our current requirement starting Antorus is 75 AP levels in one weapon - that's definitely not some strict requirement at all.

All in all it is perfectly possible to beat Mythic raids with 6 hours per week raiding schedule and another hour/two here and there for a single M+ and some WQs for AP (if you even need it at this point), all that without having to work your ass out silly.

All the dramas and bullshit about how it requires extensive time etc etc is not flying with me, that's only the case if you are bloody gunning for true bleeding edge world ranks race, which is your choice, not some Blizzard forcing you kind of thing.

Did stuff when it was cutting edge for years, this xpac or , maybe even last 2 I find the majority of mythic raiders to be impatient , elitist and highly toxic people who I cannot bring myself to invest my personal time in being around. I'm sure that is not the case everywhere but a good example as a heroic raider. When I get into heroic pug raids and there happens to be 1 or a few mythic raiders in the group, generally I find these people to be intolerable human beings. Sure they raid mythic so don't want to put up with fails or carries in a heroic pug(well don't join them then imo Mr. Mythic person!) I get that but their general attitude towards there fellow human being is usually pretty pathetic and disgusting(oh it's the internet, its ok? yeah I call b.s.).....hence why I cant be bothered to app to a mythic raid guild. I was lucky for 2 xpacs I was in one, cleared everything and they were generally the nicest people(a couple officer exceptions), but I found them to be rare in my travels. I'm not a snowflake or above criticism, that's one thing, treatment of others is another......It say's a lot about who you are and how you were raised to behave.

....and there you have it. too many toxic mythic raiders to bothered trying to spend my time with folks like that. You have to get super lucky to find the right ones from my experience.

I don't care anymore to "feel good" or tryhard/add more stress. I enjoy the casual life now
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Because i can't dodge shit and dps so i'll better off leeching in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Your problem is that you are tryharding too much. It is perfectly possible to raid Mythic and not do all the nonsense you have mentioned. You don't HAVE to be top 10 guild and not even top 100.

You're speaking for yourself, not me. There's no way I'm investing the amount of time required OUTSIDE OF RAIDING to be competitive in today's mythic raiding scene, and I lasted for 3 weeks of the xpac of actually not try harding, realzing try harding actually was necessary this xpac, then quitting. One of the smartest decisions I've ever made in my life, by the way. And "try harding" I don't even think is the right term because to me that kind of just means playing focused... Legion didn't require focus... it required not having a day job and the will to grind that same crap over and over for a few more rolls at a random legiondary.

In order to invest just the actual raiding time, on a schedule, that WAS necessary in the past I need to be in a top 100 guild or it's just not worth my time... I'll quit the game and play something else which respects my time more. That's exactly what I did. Again, one of the smartest decisions I've ever made in my life.

My point is that you should be able to compete at the bleeding edge without quitting your 9-5 job. I've done that in that past and it wasn't an issue. A "competitive" scene which endlessly rewards grind that doesn't even involve the actual competitive activity isn't about skill any longer... it's just about having time.
    Last edited by IceMan1763; 2018-02-19 at 03:26 PM.