I am incompetent at stats, and need a clue :)

I was browsing Warcraft Logs, and noticed that in middle-of-the-pack percentages, which is where I live, BM is doing unexpectedly well in normal mode Antorus. What's up with that? Whatever it is, it seems to go away in heroic, which makes me that much more curious.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombria View Post
    I was browsing Warcraft Logs, and noticed that in middle-of-the-pack percentages, which is where I live, BM is doing unexpectedly well in normal mode Antorus. What's up with that? Whatever it is, it seems to go away in heroic, which makes me that much more curious.

Thanks!
    BMs set is meh, MM scales better, pets can be a pain in a raiding environment, less "good" players play BM above normal, take your pick.

That all sounds like reasons for BM not to be doing better than it was some months ago, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    BMs set is meh, MM scales better, pets can be a pain in a raiding environment, less "good" players play BM above normal, take your pick.
    What do you think "MM scales better" actually means? It doesn't scale better with gear, NLC, trinkets, you name it. BM scales better with gear, mostly NLC as well, and trinkets there's not a lot of difference unless you can line a trinket up with Trueshot every time.

MM set bonuses are better on average, but that only accounts for like, 1%, which is insignificant.

It scales better with skill, so to speak, that's the main thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombria View Post
    That all sounds like reasons for BM not to be doing better than it was some months ago, though.
    BM is very easy, so comparatively less skilled players can get a lot out of it compared to MM, which is comparatively more difficult.

The lower you go in difficulty (Normal) and percentiles, the better BM will appear. If you go to the highest (Mythic, 99th percentile) it flips.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2018-03-06 at 12:02 PM.

Deleted
    I guess that a lot of good people have stopped doing normal completly since they have so high ilvl so all they do is heroic and mythic. And that leaves us with the worse players that still do normal and if you are a bad player it is probably easier to do comparably well with BM than other specs. So in normal with bad gear and bad players BM isnt that bad but when you go over to heroic with higher ilvls and the better players that play specs/classes that scale much better with that higher ilvl, or just has more potential with higher skill, BM gets left in the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    BM is very easy, so comparatively less skilled players can get a lot out of it compared to MM, which is comparatively more difficult.

The lower you go in difficulty (Normal) and percentiles, the better BM will appear. If you go to the highest (Mythic, 99th percentile) it flips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klickor View Post
    I guess that a lot of good people have stopped doing normal completly since they have so high ilvl so all they do is heroic and mythic. And that leaves us with the worse players that still do normal and if you are a bad player it is probably easier to do comparably well with BM than other specs. So in normal with bad gear and bad players BM isnt that bad but when you go over to heroic with higher ilvls and the better players that play specs/classes that scale much better with that higher ilvl, or just has more potential with higher skill, BM gets left in the dust.
    Thanks, both of you!