Allied Races - Facial Rigging

Hi Mmo-Champ

Last week blizzard updated the nightborne faces (most of the male faces and several female versions).
    I remember before when discussing datamined allied races models, people mentioned the void elf and nightborne female still missed facial rigging.

This makes me believe that they changed their faces because they added facial rigging.
    (I'm not a fan but that's not really the point of this thread).

Can someone tell me if all faces now have facial rigging?
    It seems to me lightforged draenei still have no facial rigging.

When comparing the face in the character panel and ingame, it's exactly the same.
    For faces with facial rigging, the character panel shows the original face and the ingame face looks vastly different.

Can someone check this on live and alpha?

I'm afraid blizzard will still change faces and I'd rather not level a character, only to have it adjusted in the following months/weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    have u seen the female zandalari? It's got the same face option for all the choices u just change those spots around. It's horrendous

Can anyone look into this please ?

Also, what is the status of facial rigging in alpha.
    The wowhead model viewer still shows nightborne without the changes.

fear not friend with the miniscule amount of effort blizzard put into your nightborne model i doubt they are going to spend any time improving it. you are the new female worgen im afraid.

So, with almost every single model revamp back in WoD, the models were initially put into alpha/beta with this problem. After a couple months, they added the face options. Granted, it's not as varied as it was with the old models, but it's better. Have patience. They'll get there.

I don't understand the facial rigging thing entirely. What is it? Do races need them?

Because I'm 99% sure the female void elf faces are exactly the same as the female blood elf faces, with no change AT ALL. They're all the exact same face with slightly different make up.

Okay, I'll try to help here a little.

Rigging means that a model (3D shape) is attached to a skeleton (A group of joints (points) put together), once a model is rigged you move the joints of the skeleton and the part of the 3D model attached to it moves too.

When some people said that the Nightborne didn't have facial rigging I think they meant that they had the "same face syndrome" because they obviously had facial rigging, their faces were animated and if a model is not rigged you can't animate it.

They Lightforged, Void Elves and Higmountain have the same faces as the Draenei, Blood Elves and Tauren, even less number of them I believe, and the change to the Nightborne just added some Night Elf faces, except for 2 new ones I believe, at least in the males.

It really sucks that they didn't create new faces for them, but there is some hope that those 4 allied races will be revisited in the future, so who knows.

i think allied races arent playable in the alpha,(even the ones on live) i saw this in some bfa questing video