Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    List compiled by opensecrets.org (political contributions and whatnot)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1782600961

Look at how much they spend on Rubio.
    Where's the links with actual proof? All I see is names and numbers in a document that literally anyone with access to the internet can create.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    List compiled by opensecrets.org (political contributions and whatnot)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1782600961

Look at how much they spend on Rubio.
    You do know it perfectly legal and common, for organizations to donate to political candidates. I am sure every politician in Washington has their donators. I do not have any issues with it ether. I would not vote for any candidate which said they would push to amend the Second Amendment. I am sure some organizations would be donating to them because of that stance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    A bloody good start though would be better school security, we don't have guns over here but many of our schools have automated lock systems, there is only one way in for someone without access keys, and that is through the front door sign in area. This is done to both protect the children and as a form of control against truancy between classes.
    I can see many flaws to this. If I want in a school and I have a AR-15 rifle, I will find de wae. Removing guns has its flaws too as people will find a gun if they really want to. Though a 18 year old can't just walk down the street and buy it legally, and then drive to Walmart to buy ammunition. That's just nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Thoughts are prayers is a monotone line by politicians unless you think millions of people have hive minds and give condolences the same way.
    No it isn't. You obviously never grew up around Christians or any religious folks...

they care so much they went out of their way to make these type of situations more likely to happen.
    How? What are you talking about?

Yes and even yours if it is sincere.
    Well, you're delusional. Our words mean nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You do know it perfectly legal and common, for organizations to donate to political candidates. I am sure every politician in Washington has their donators. I do not have any issues with it ether. I would not vote for any candidate which said they would push to amend the Second Amendment. I am sure some organizations would be donating to them because of that stance.
    Just because it is legal does not make it right there is a reason that politicians don't really listen to the public anymore and citizens united has made things worse. The US political system has pretty much legalized bribery and both parties are complicit in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiljaedon View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF9kmPQCH98

You don't know what the hell you are talking about. Never comment about something you have no knowledge of. Your ignorance should be the one questioned. That is just the lower receiver being printed. A full 3d printed gun has been created and shot over 300 bullets. Also you can use juse a CMC machine and pretty much create what modifications for just a few hundred bucks to alter a large range of weapons to be fully automatic.
    That's literally only one part of a gun in that video. Jesus Christ, you thought you were so clever. That's literally a receiver printed. The gun is still metal. So again, you know nothing about the topic. Be silent forever.

A full 3d printed gun is significantly more volatile and less reliable than a real gun. It's also difficult to produce. Sure, it's possible to do, but that doesn't make it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    the number of school shootings that have happened since the year 2000 around the world:

ENGLAND: 0
    GREECE: 1
    NETHERLANDS: 1
    SPAIN: 1
    INDIA: 1
    ARGENTINA: 1
    RUSSIA: 1
    CHINA: 3
    MEXICO: 4
    AUSTRALIA: 5
    CANADA: 5
    GERMANY: 5
    SOUTH AFRICA: 5
    USA: 212
    I wonder if these numbers are as misleading, or outright lies, the same way the "this is the 18th school shooting this year" is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because it is legal does not make it right there is a reason that politicians don't really listen to the public anymore and citizens united has made things worse. The US political system has pretty much legalized bribery and both parties are complicit in this.
    It is what it is. Work with it for the changes you want. Write to your representatives and tell them what you wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    No it isn't. You obviously never grew up around Christians or any religious folks...
    You would be dead wrong about that.

Well, you're delusional. Our words mean nothing.
    Wait are you changing your mind? you were just saying those words are meant for comfort and solidarity, I mean I totally felt the solidarity from Trump you know the guy who proposed budgets that gut mental health, school security and gun laws.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Comparing Singapore to the USA is laughable on many levels. There are not guns in every home, that's hyperbole. The constitution is very difficult to amend, but that doesn't stop states from creating their own gun control laws. The constitution only restricts our national government, not the states.
    Why, exactly, is it laughable?

Why do you think that they don't listen to their citizens? Most of the US is FOR guns.

It is what it is. Work with it for the changes you want. Write to your representatives and tell them what you wish for.
    Kind of a moot point since that is not how the system works until we find a unicorn principled politician that is willing to change the system.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't a simple threat... It was a kid showing off his guns and saying he was going to shoot up a school. He was chatting with the person who called the FBI. The guy who reported him was visited by the FBI. He told them that he was erratic and crazy.

Now they are claiming that they didn't know the identity of the person who he was talking to. Yet his full real name was in the posts...

The FBI fucked up.
    You know how many idiots like that exist on YouTube? Look what I found, literally the 3rd video from my search. That shit has been there at least since 2013.

Good luck removing all guns in a country that has millions of them and millions of people that will fight to keep them.
    It will at least stop people from walking down the road and buying a gun. It won't 100% remove them, but it should be close.

Why do you think that they don't listen to their citizens? Most of the US is FOR guns.
    Why do you think gun control means you are against people having guns?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if these numbers are as misleading, or outright lies, the same way the "this is the 18th school shooting this year" is.
    They may be true. But such is often misleading by leaving out other factors. Like check the gun death rate for homicides in Mexico. A lot of children there are gun downed out of schools. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I can see many flaws to this. If I want in a school and I have a AR-15 rifle, I will find de wae. Removing guns has its flaws too as people will find a gun if they really want to. Though a 18 year old can't just walk down the street and buy it legally, and then drive to Walmart to buy ammunition. That's just nuts.
    You will never remove guns from america, not within 50 years. Efforts towards much stricter gun control should be done though, and that's the issue here. The point with increased security at schools is that it could stop a tragedy before it happens, or reduce the casualties considerably. But like I said we don't have many guns over here because control is strict, and we don't have any school mass shootings.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Except those skiiers. You seem to have no problem giving them rifles...
    Sports shooting is quite different from having a gun just because you can. In SK you have to store your gun for it at a police station, you can't keep it at home.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can easily find one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in1TMaowEYY

I feel it will and personally know of cases where it made the difference between life and death. Many,many YouTubes are other examples.

Here is another example, a jogger in Michigan last year was mauled to death by 2 Rotts. If he had a firearm, might have saved his life. I mean, in that scenario,would you rather be caught with a firearm or without one?

And pray all you want. It might work. Depends. But at the same time, you will have those praying you do not succeed.
    You do know there are countries that ban guns? And it works.

So let's assume that roughly 1/3 are "true school shootings". That puts us at 70 while the rest of the world has 33 combined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of a moot point since that is not how the system works until we find a unicorn principled politician that is willing to change the system.
    It is how the system works in reality. You admitted it was. Your comment; The US political system has pretty much legalized bribery and both parties are complicit in this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    You do know there are countries that ban guns? And it works.
    They were able to because their countries are different than here. No Constitutional guarantee for citizens to keep and bear arms would be the biggie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Sports shooting is quite different from having a gun just because you can. In SK you have to store your gun for it at a police station, you can't keep it at home.
    Sure is. And the rifle they use for the Biathon event, while capable of killing a person, kind of sucks for it when compared to many others. It is designed specifically for that event's purpose.