Quote Originally Posted by mbg View Post
    You're wrong about that. More than half of the shootings were conducted by leftists not right wingers. Both sides of the political spectrum are represented, so the point is mute. This is not a left vs right issue. What do most, if not all, of the shooters have in common? They were a few cans short of a six-pack, i.e. mentally not ok. A few just lost it over something, but for the most part, it is sick people. Once we can come to terms about that instead of a statist left or a statist right is at fault, then maybe we can come up with a way to keep the guns away from whackadoos.
    Wait what do you have proof of this or are you just throwing out random shit now?

This is a democrat law maker vs republican law maker issue.

LEFT AND RIGHT both agree with basic laws that stop people on no fly lists and mentally ill people from purchasing. However Right lawmakers are like "but the nra"

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    So basically, fuckit, keep going as before, because that's working out so great over the years.

This is why I say you guys want these massacres. If you didn't, you'd change shit. But you're not. Now you're just going on about "mentally ill", because that is so fucking vague that it doesn't hurt anyone saying it. It's a good strawman sentence, that one is.

Newsflash: You'll never contro the mentally ill. Why? Because you don't see they're mentally ill until they're cracking most of the times. Good luck trying to discuss how to use crystal balls, because that's just about as useful as what you're doing now.
    LOL we can't change shit because it is part of the bill of rights. The only way to change it is to call a constitutional convention and have 34 states vote on it. No strawman argument there. It is a fact. If you are not an American, maybe you should learn something about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Wait what do you have proof of this or are you just throwing out random shit now?

This is a democrat law maker vs republican law maker issue.

LEFT AND RIGHT both agree with basic laws that stop people on no fly lists and mentally ill people from purchasing. However Right lawmakers are like "but the nra"
    Not the NRA. The 2nd amendment was put in to protect us from the government. This was done before there was a left vs right. The NRA has nothing to do with it. Nothing can be done unless the amendment is repealed. It has been done before with prohibition, and the direct election of senators, but it wasn't easy. Good luck getting 34 states to vote to repeal it in this day and age.

This entire thread is basically Russian bots using translators horribly and the usual conservative mouthpieces championing the constitution (when convenient to them) vs. normal sensible people that want gun reform.

It's almost as pathetic as watching actual conservative mouthpieces get torn apart about 'thoughts and prayers to the victims' by the victims.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidari View Post
    America has been on a steady decrease on the crime rate for many years now. All of central America has a higher murder rate per capita than anything America could even dream of. No idea if guns are controlled there, but they aren’t as easy as America, where you are right bound to be able to.

Here in Canada we still have gun violence. It is regulated to the point that having a licence for a fire arm allows the police to search your residence without probably cause or a warrent. If we look at per capita it will likely be lower, but there can be all sorts of causes to that. In the UK guns are also hard to get, so acid attacks have become a massive problem.

Humans are the issue at hand. If we can reign them in, we are in the clear.
    This is pretty overstated, per capita you guys are getting 5 times as many gun related homicides as we have an acid attack, most of which are non fatal.

So for every acid attack (of which very few are actually fatal) 25 of your countrymen are shot dead. Sure you have 5 times as many countrymen but calling acid attacks a "massive problem" is exageration. There are already moves to toughen the sentence from GBH to attempted murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

LOL we can't change shit because it is part of the bill of rights. The only way to change it is to call a constitutional convention and have 34 states vote on it. No strawman argument there. It is a fact. If you are not an American, maybe you should learn something about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Not the NRA. The 2nd amendment was put in to protect us from the government. This was done before there was a left vs right. The NRA has nothing to do with it. Nothing can be done unless the amendment is repealed. It has been done before with prohibition, and the direct election of senators, but it wasn't easy. Good luck getting 34 states to vote to repeal it in this day and age.
    This has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment because regulations can be passed no one is saying remove the amendment, are you thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    This has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment because regulations can be passed no one is saying remove the amendment, are you thinking?
    He's just a conservative mouthpiece.

Remind him that his replacements, the victims of that shooting, even want gun reform and move on.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidari View Post
    All of central America has a higher murder rate per capita than anything America could even dream of.
    Real high bar you set for yourself there.

Homicide rates in comparable countries - the UK, Australia, most Western European countries - are like 1/4 of the US's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Then do it? What are you waiting for? Oh right, you've given up, because that's what the American way of life is these days. Giving in and not giving a shit about your fellow Americans. How far the country has fallen.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    He's just a conservative mouthpiece.

Remind him that his replacements, the victims of that shooting, even want gun reform and move on.
    I'm not a conservative, just fyi.

- - - Updated - - -

Then do it? What are you waiting for? Oh right, you've given up, because that's what the American way of life is these days. Giving in and not giving a shit about your fellow Americans. How far the country has fallen.
    I was in error, it would not take 34 states to change the constitution. It takes 34 to call a convention. It would take 38(3/4's) of the states to ratify it. It's not about giving in or giving a shit about my fellow Americans. It's all about reality. It will never happen. There are too many states that would vote against a repeal, so why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    /smh

Yup guns with happy meals, that's how we get them.
    yeah no, that was wrong. You get them when opening a bank account.

My bad!

You're wrong about that. More than half of the shootings were conducted by leftists not right wingers. Both sides of the political spectrum are represented, so the point is mute. This is not a left vs right issue. What do most, if not all, of the shooters have in common? They were a few cans short of a six-pack, i.e. mentally not ok. A few just lost it over something, but for the most part, it is sick people. Once we can come to terms about that instead of a statist left or a statist right is at fault, then maybe we can come up with a way to keep the guns away from whackadoos.
    I’d like a source on the left vs right and mass shootings.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Deleted
    I'm surprised this thread is still open since it's essentially just a slagging match and Gun Control v2

Someone should change the title of the post to US IZ GUNZ I HAVE GUNS NO TAKE GUNZ....GUUUNNNNZZZZZ?!?!?!?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Someone should change the title of the post to US IZ GUNZ I HAVE GUNS NO TAKE GUNZ....GUUUNNNNZZZZZ?!?!?!?!
    Pretty much, it's completely farcical

In fact any thread regarding US Mass Shootings should immediately be closed because nothing constructive is ever discussed

I'm not a conservative, just fyi.

- - - Updated - - -

I was in error, it would not take 34 states to change the constitution. It takes 34 to call a convention. It would take 38(3/4's) of the states to ratify it. It's not about giving in or giving a shit about my fellow Americans. It's all about reality. It will never happen. There are too many states that would vote against a repeal, so why bother?
    Why a repeal? the amendment makes sense if you are not a lunatic raving on about revolution, civil war and the urgent need to overthrow the US Government. But you could add another amendment clarifying the whole 2nd amendment and stuff. It's so easy to solve problems if you actually want to solve problems.

Alas, you do not. So don't give me that bullshit about reality. You are the one that is accepting that reality. You are the one that needs to change the world around you if you don't like it. That's what makes you a human and not an animal. Do you not have a will on your own? Do you even understand what free will means?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why a repeal? the amendment makes sense if you are not a lunatic raving on about revolution, civil war and the urgent need to overthrow the US Government. But you could add another amendment clarifying the whole 2nd amendment and stuff. It's so easy to solve problems if you actually want to solve problems.
    Its the same process to do either of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Its the same process to do either of those things.
    So, I still only hear excuses. Oh well, I'll keep blaming him and everyone else who doesn't call out this bullshit that's happening to you. I'm saying you could actually be the literal next one. Are you fucking sheep or are you going to change anything? Cos people in the US having arms really does jack shit to prevent this type of thing as the past has shown us. How long until you actually use the 2nd amendment to start marching on Washington with those arms and demand that they change it? That's what it's there for. A tyrannical Government seemingly ignoring what most of you want.

Or is it just pretense... I'll think about that for a while. In the meantime, get cracking and stop the slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Things have purposes the purpose of a gun is solely to harm it has no other function aside from that there is no other cost benefit analysis. Also I highly doubt you want guns to be as regulated as cars.
    Vehicles were also made strictly as transportation, yet they kill more people than guns, so the real problem is vehicles being used as weapons.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    In fact any thread regarding US Mass Shootings should immediately be closed because nothing constructive is ever discussed
    Pretty much.

IMO The US has gone too far down the rabbit hole on gun ownership. Even if you ignore the pressure from the gun-lobby, I can't even imagine how the government could implement a ban or amnesty purely from a practical angle.

Some people own thousands of pounds of guns, are they going to just hand them in? If US is compensating people for them, how big an expenditure would it be to compensate everyone for every gun? Would enough people even hand them in to make policing them practically possible?

With that in mind, the US should definitely be seeking any possible way to reduce the chances of shootings like this - From security, counsilling, etc - But the "TAKE AWAY THE GUNZ! vs YOU NO TAKE GUNZ!" slagging match just clouds out most chance of real discussion and debate.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!