Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Seems like you guys have more of a healthy control of guns going on, but I’d say it’s not the only reason you guys see less violence like this.
    Is this an example of a 'very well-thought out 21st century mind' response you're talking about?

"Well, that's nice - but I doubt it's the only reason because "reasons"."

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Is this an example of a 'very well-thought out 21st century mind' response you're talking about?

"Well, that's nice - but I doubt it's the only reason because "reasons"."
    No, slight sarcasm. I do agree it’s better, but to elaborate I think Canadians are healthier people in a lot of ways. That’s not me saying they’re perfect. I know about the social institutions there, and what’s going on with them, but yea 21st century minds who actually understand modern day issues and how to address them. There’s plenty of very intelligent Americans better suited at helping this country than what we’ve had.
    Last edited by Stonecloak; 2018-02-15 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I'm going to wait for a legit source on that. Not saying I don't believe you - I actually do. I just want to make sure it's legit-confirmed image from other checked media sites as, well, I refuse to react exactly like a knee-jerk Dump-supporter reactionary does. :P
    Don't know about the Trump stuff (not that it really matters), but he was apparently expelled from school for his obsession with weapons, which he often carried to school and showed off to other students constantly.

http://www.newsweek.com/who-nicolas-...-school-807402

Guns - not cars, not anything else - are the difference-makers here. Societies regularly experience higher violent crime, suicide and homicide rates when they have easy access to guns. Guns, not cars. Not anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bash the fash View Post
    Don't know about the Trump stuff (not that it really matters), but he was apparently expelled from school for his obsession with weapons, which he often carried to school and showed off to other students constantly.
    I wonder if there's any correlation to GEN-OTs very own gun thread. Where some users like to show off their weapons.

Honestly, what is the point of these threads? Nothing will change and the next shooting is just around the corner.

For the interested we should just keep a stickied thread with a single post tally on how many kid's have been shot this year so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I can't wait for The Onion to repost the same article again.

"There's nothing we can do, says only nation where this happens regularly"
    They posted it when I caught my FB feed getting home from work.

Next question, how many weeks will it be until they post it again for another incident?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Honestly, what is the point of these threads? Nothing will change and the next shooting is just around the corner.

For the interested we should just keep a stickied thread with a single post tally on how many kid's have been shot this year so far.
    For the left and right to point fingers and purposely not comprehend the other actually exists, and the middle to be up and arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    They posted it when I caught my FB feed getting home from work.

Next question, how many weeks will it be until they post it again for another incident?
    They should do it basically daily to coincide with the rate of shootings. It has become so normalized that people only talk about the really big ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Once I awake and realize someone has broke into my home.
    Dude, if you're THAT paranoid about a home invasion occuring just get a home security system installed.

Remember kids, guns don't kill people, people kill people... ...with guns.

Also remember, the real problem here is violent video games, movies, mental health issues, etc. and definitely not the fact that lunatics have easy access to firearms.

Home of the brave indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    They should do it basically daily to coincide with the rate of shootings. It has become so normalized that people only talk about the really big ones.
    Experiencing this right now in real time. There are those who just don’t even want to hear about it. Those who just block it out like it doesn’t even matter. This is why nothing is done to fix the problem.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Also remember, the real problem here is violent video games, movies
    We already had that in the thread, I shit you not.

Deleted
    'Thoughts and prayers' is the US national gun policy.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    'Thoughts and prayers' is the US national gun policy.
    This...this is sadly true.

Sig worthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

I can't believe some people here comparing trucks, vans, knifes to weapons. former is designed for travel, transportation, kitchen uses. the other one has no other purpose except to kill. unfuckingbelievable. and here, they will come and say that knife is a killing weapon. yes, that may well be but chances of killing that many people in one try is not even remotely possible. It is ridiculous to compare van, knife whatever attacks to weapons. Using this logic then saying #baneverything as sarcasm or irony whatever is beyond idiotic. there are over 150 countries and 8 fucking billion people and only yes only in the USA this shit happens. What the actual fuck? don't give me that norway or france shootings whatever as it is not even remotely related to what goes on in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post

Pretty much this we know we will be back here next month and nothing will change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Shooter coulda been the Martian Ambassador. Who knows.
    Great I was feeling all sad about this, then I read that and busted out laughing.

On topic: the attitude towards guns needs to change. Not just controlling them. As in, if someone is seen with a gun out in the open it should send out a red flag or be considered a terrible thing. I was watching this news cast a few months ago, where these goofs we're going around "open carry" (as per the law they were allowed to, which is stupid in itself) and proud of it.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

How about we stop sending thoughts and pray's and start actually doing something.......ANYTHING.

Something would sure has shit be better then doing nothing.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

We can change that to whatever we want, it's in the Constitution.
    It can be interpreted to whatever we want. The wording of the amendment can mean 5 different things that back either side of the gun control debate.

OT: Looks like bullying and his case of being ostracized was the driving point that led the perp to be expelled and later come in and shoot up the school. Simply tragic.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    How about we stop sending thoughts and pray's and start actually doing something.......ANYTHING.

Something would sure has shit be better then doing nothing.
    Thoughts and prayers is the right's solution to every mass shooting they aren't going to enforce or change any gun laws and happily cut funding to mental health.