Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vluffyvlaush View Post
    There is no encounter in which the boots would be beneficial. I would never wear them in a fight.
    I guess you never did Gul'dan M? Boots were an excellent choice if you were assigned to bait flame crashes on that fight.

Yeah pretty much, DK takes more planning. If you dont want to plan your fights just swap druid or DH. OR do not be a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by SwislocK View Post
    Yeah pretty much, DK takes more planning. If you dont want to plan your fights just swap druid or DH. OR do not be a tank.
    Druids have only raor and that is mostly assigened for a specific moment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Strong pills to ease the pain
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by SwislocK View Post
    I don't like Druid(and also monks) . So yes my tank is DH right now. If some day I have more time to play the game I will probably try BDK again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two words: Aggramar's Stride.

I use it exclusively for M+. We are strong enough to survive with or without the best survival leggos. Might as well use something that improves our run speed.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I usually follow the DPS pulling and loot bodies.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Deleted
    No you don't. In raids every time you have to move fast, wraith walk is up.
    And then we look at Warcraftlogs and see:

Most used Blood Legy for Mythic KJ: Boots
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ries&boss=2051

Most used Blood Legy for Mythic Argus so far: Boots
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...fo=Legendaries

:thinking:

The Situations the OP is describing are obv. pure laziness and could be fixed by proper gameplay as a lot of ppl have already mentioned. But Boots have their niche uses in Raids.

I always used belt and sephuz. I would switch to boots and belt if I have to go real fast inbetween packs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlars View Post
    And then we look at Warcraftlogs and see:

Most used Blood Legy for Mythic KJ: Boots
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ries&boss=2051

Most used Blood Legy for Mythic Argus so far: Boots
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...fo=Legendaries

:thinking:

The Situations the OP is describing are obv. pure laziness and could be fixed by proper gameplay as a lot of ppl have already mentioned. But Boots have their niche uses in Raids.
    I have to admit that I quit hardcore raiding in mop and casual mythic raiding in nighthold. So there may be some bosses in mythic I miss. I know both of the bosses you linked where 3-tanked at some time and since I don't know the exact tactic maybe you enlighten me a bit on the Aggramars Stride usage.

So first, I have a little problem with your links. The list the used Legendarys over a two week period. Got that. But both have an uneven number of legendarys listed. And both look the Argus legendary trinket. So are there really DKs using only one or am I missing something?
    For Argus we have a total of 257 listed legendarys, which means 48 DKs didn't use the boots. There are 8 Sephuz, so at least 40 DKs without movement improving Legendarys.
    For KJ we have 1871, 350 without boots, 275 without boots&sephuz at least.

I didn't check all logs (only two or three using the boots), so my questions to you (because you killed both):
    Are the boots/sephuz needed or are the just a QoL?
    Did the DKs without both get help from the raid (roars, gateways, etc)?
    If you 3-tank the bosses, would you wear boots/sephuz as third tank/boss tanks/both?

Need a little help, since I only know them on HC and there is definitely no need for them, but they are nice to have to get around.

Deleted
    I have to admit that I quit hardcore raiding in mop and casual mythic raiding in nighthold. So there may be some bosses in mythic I miss. I know both of the bosses you linked where 3-tanked at some time and since I don't know the exact tactic maybe you enlighten me a bit on the Aggramars Stride usage.

So first, I have a little problem with your links. The list the used Legendarys over a two week period. Got that. But both have an uneven number of legendarys listed. And both look the Argus legendary trinket. So are there really DKs using only one or am I missing something?
    For Argus we have a total of 257 listed legendarys, which means 48 DKs didn't use the boots. There are 8 Sephuz, so at least 40 DKs without movement improving Legendarys.
    For KJ we have 1871, 350 without boots, 275 without boots&sephuz at least.

I didn't check all logs (only two or three using the boots), so my questions to you (because you killed both):
    Are the boots/sephuz needed or are the just a QoL?
    Did the DKs without both get help from the raid (roars, gateways, etc)?
    If you 3-tank the bosses, would you wear boots/sephuz as third tank/boss tanks/both?

Need a little help, since I only know them on HC and there is definitely no need for them, but they are nice to have to get around.
    Tbh i cant really answer the question about the uneven numbers. Maybe some logs are broken, i dunno. But the KJ logs are locked after the Tier is over, so These arent the logs of the last two weeks.

Alternative is to look at the Rankings and check legendarys:
    KJ:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ght&spec=Blood

Argus:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ght&spec=Blood

To elaborate on tanking both bosses:

When there were still two Big Armageddon Hails on KJ it was common to bring a 3rd Tank who soaked one Big Armageddon each wave in p1 and p2. In p3 he kited some of the Fire Orbs. Because back then KJ had no real DPS check (only the DPS adds), it was a pure mechanic check.
    If you were the 3rd Tank, movement was key, thats why some ppl were using Spehuz on top of boots. (The 3rd Tank did not tank the boss at all, as Long as the other tanks did not fuck up in p3)

When we were progressing KJ i did not soak Big Armageddons at all but sill was using Boots/Shoulders. In the intermissions as tank you had to soak the Focused Dreadflame and get to the right Corner (singularity), you could get really unlucky spawns and get knocked of the Plattform. Since surviving Felclaws as DK was super easy and there was no DPS Check at all, Boots just prevented random wipes while progressing the boss. And you did not want to prolong Progress just because of your own parses. On Farm i did not use Boots anymore and tried to parse. And they also removed the second Big Armageddon Hail. After this Change boots probably were not used that often anymore. Roar had to be used on fixed timers to help the whole raid and were not available as emergency movement Speed if you fucked up.

Tl;DR
    Boots for Progress and 3rd Tank.

Argus:
    3rd Tanks Job in P3 is to soak as much of the orbs as possible spawned from the Soulrending Scythes before they reach ppl (2yard Explosion). The scythe spawns 1 Orb for each target hit + 1 extra orb per Stack a tank already has. No Orbs are spawned if the Scythe kills someone. You rarely tank the boss, and boss uptime in p3 is low because you are running around most of the time.

If you are like me the 3rd tank you really want to use boots. The Orbs tend to oneshot most non tank classes. If you are tanking the boss your main Job is to survice 4 Scythes and die on the 5th. Depending on how good you can do this you still might want to consinder using boots because the off tank (from the 2 "main" Tanks) is helping the 3rd Tank to soak orbs. Even one missing DPS can cause you to hit the "enrage" (last module exploding killing the raid) while aiming for a firstkill.

Orbs are spawning way too fast to handle them with external Roars / Gateways etc.

TL;DR:
    3rd tank always use boots. If maintank it depends on how good you can survice 4 Scythes.
    Last edited by mmoca37d6d9cd4; 2018-02-22 at 11:50 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the insight. So it looks really like a niche/soak thing.

Boots/Speed Gear and the Potion for increased movement outside of wraith walk if your having mobility concerns but the mechanics you listed are easily avoidable if your moving ahead of time to prevent them

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Two words: Aggramar's Stride.

I use it exclusively for M+. We are strong enough to survive with or without the best survival leggos. Might as well use something that improves our run speed.
    If you plan the pulls right, most of the time Aggramar's Stride won't really save any time in M+. And for dungeons of long running with no tanking, I've created a speed set with aggramar's + Sephuz, that I switch in/out of with gear sets..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daenerys View Post
    If you plan the pulls right, most of the time Aggramar's Stride won't really save any time in M+. And for dungeons of long running with no tanking, I've created a speed set with aggramar's + Sephuz, that I switch in/out of with gear sets..
    But it makes it 1000% more fun. And in the end, that's all that matters.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Does Aggramars improve your movement speed by much? I'm Havoc/Vengeance ATM but getting Raddons for Havoc is becoming an impossible task SO Frost/Blood looks to be my casual go-to setup, only downside is the movement speed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyCoding View Post
    Out of my 3 tanks DK feels the strongest and has best tools(grips, ranged abilities etc) but I just can't play it without the mobility.
    I am not talking about fun or staying behind group when running through dungeons. It actually kills me. I can't dodge dragons on Hymdal, spear on Odyn, wind on Desarion(dragon boss in DHT) etc. I die , wipe the group, get removed from group and log out

Even though there is only 30% move speed difference between pala and dk mobility ability, somehow paladin's mobility works and DK's doesn't.

So is there a solution other than being extremely careful about such mechanics? how you guys do it?
    I dont reconize myself in those problems, however while tanking/dpsing Mythic Atornus I encountered some "difficulties" that normal tanks/dps easily encountered. Like soaking puddles at Garothi as DPS, I can do 1, and maybe 2 if i get pushed to the correct puddle, but if i need to move any, I miss. Or portal keeper as tank, where mobility is actualy required to take less damage.

I like my DK to death, but I wish we had some other movement uitillities. During heroic runs i cannot even tank anything since the group kills everything before i can reach it. So I am basicly running from start to finish without being able to catch up :P

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Does Aggramars improve your movement speed by much? I'm Havoc/Vengeance ATM but getting Raddons for Havoc is becoming an impossible task SO Frost/Blood looks to be my casual go-to setup, only downside is the movement speed.
    Using my "Aggramar's set" (including Sephuz), I go up to 72% speed. Of course this set is only used for running around in Dalaran/Class Hall and return to the corpse after wiping in raid or Mythic+, as I go up to 52% Crit (the other stats are pretty low, so its not viable). Unless your main stat is Versa, you should be around +20-30% speed depending on gear. And it scale with other +speed bonus (tiger's lust, Priest Bubble, Roar, probably Wraith walk, but I dont play DK, cant tell).

It provides a nice comfort, but knowledge of the fight (anticipation) is still better than running faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    Using my "Aggramar's set" (including Sephuz) [...].
    Same here. Never wear something else. However I don't play Blood on a competetive level. There are just few situations when I have to tank a +15, that's it. I am raiding as Frost / Unholy (depends on the daily mood )

Yeah I don't raid high I just M+ and other casual things so the more movement speed, the better :P sadly the only leggys I have are cloak and coldheart, so it's a bit of a lottery for boots and seph.