Poll: Choose your faction.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaeha View Post
    You're welcome to stop by the Vindicaar some time and to try and convince us! At least as long as your Warchief doesn't do anything stupid like burn down our neighbour's tree or something.
    Ah don't worry, I dont follow order from the undead. Buut.. I'm married.
    I can introduce some friends tho!
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    That's a likely explanation. But why wouldn't the Legion equip all of their troops with this poison? If it can kill such a resilient troll, a mere scratch of a poisoned blade could probably paralize or kill lesser beings
    I like to think that that fel guard just scored 1 in 100 unbelievably lucky shot on Vol'jin. That fel dipped tip of the spear that remained in Vol'jin's belly probably somehow halted troll regeneration process and poisoned his blood.

I mean I find having a fel guard with some special poisoned weapon who has to be in the right place in the right time and successfully stab Vol'jin somewhat too chance dependent for Legion to rely on if their goal was to off him then and there.

All in all, it was pretty bs way to let Vol'jin go, even more so when compared to how Varian went out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those filthy Horde beasts, our glorious and mighty Alliance will purge their filth from Azeroth very soon.

For Lordaeron!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    If those weapons would have been... Fel Poisoned, there's a chance members of the Legion would be immune to it. I see the casualties being caused by the sheer number of demons both factions had to fight more than this Fel Poison that we have never seen again.

But... I suppose it will remain uncertain unless Blizzard clarifies it.
    May have also been a poison engineered by the Legion to be lethal to Troll physiology, even absent a mortal wound to the subject as in Vol'jin's case. The assassin and their doctored weapon were present to ensure both the Horde and the Alliance lost their primary leaders in dramatic fashions custom-tailored to cut into the respective faction's psyche. Varian, heroic and courageous, is cut down by Felguard and hauled before Gul'dan to die in a humiliating fashion that makes of a mockery of his earlier heroics in the battle. Vol'jin dies an ignominious and slow death, belittling his legacy and the trenchant bond the Horde has to its Warchief - in both cases the Legion sticks the knife into the guts of the Horde and the Alliance and mercilessly twists it in an attempt (mostly successful) to demoralize and throw them into turmoil.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    FOR THE ALLIANCE!!!

I have played them since I started the game, however long ago, it just feels like home to me. I have tried to switch to horde for my friend's sake and it never sticks.

I play both but considering my Horde toons would have killed Garrosh themselves if they could (especially when he got us shot down in twilight highlands) and my Death Knight is bros with Koltira and Thassarian and pretty much all of my chars hate Sylvanas I'd have to pick the Alliance.

Plus my Blood Elf Demon Hunter would have allied the Demon Hunters with the Alliance after the shit Sylvanas has pulled and then Blightcaller dares threaten me when he tells me to go to Silithus.

I play Alliance because I've always been more of a fan of them. Sometimes I play Horde (I currently have 1 level 100 Orc shaman that I need to level soon-ish) but everytime I do play them, I'm reminded that too many of the Horde players are "Horde till you die" "Fer da Horde!!!1" kinda guys and it really turns me off from the faction as a whole.

5+ Year Old Account
    Alliance background and aesthetics are much more to my taste, plus they have my beloved Night Elfs (who have by very far the best lore/story/setup in warcraft franchise imho) and almost everything on the horde looks so horrible and disgusting and they have a tendency to produce mass murderer psicopats that i cant really agree with. I eventually play both sides, but only because horde have blood elves(and my Belf would gladly have Silvermoon returning to aliance), and as i mentined before i love elves, if were not for them i would`ve never played horde at all.
    Last edited by Delphos; 2018-02-21 at 08:10 AM.

For the Motherfucking Horde!

Ive loved the Horde since Warcraft 2 and i have always gravited towards the so called bad guys in fantasy literature and in movies.

I will always defend the horde here on lore chat cause they aint always the mustache twirling villains the alliance likes to paint them as!

To me the Horde is a refuge for the unwanted, the addicted, the unloved The Horde is a massive dysfunctional family of misfits which is why i identify with them so well.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-02-21 at 06:39 AM.

Been Horde since WC 1 RTS.

Really can’t stand Alliance, never rolled ally, never even seen their starting zones.