Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Make it a tank spec!!!
    Even healer spec hunter would be better than melee
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of them dies...

I'd much rather have MoP survival back, in all honesty.

15+ Year Old Account
    The current Alpha version is pretty fun! Should be even better with more haste.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    No no we don't need melee spec. Legion experiment failed miserably. Just revert it to MoP state.
    Who are you to decide? SOme of us enjoy it so back off and play your mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Who are you to decide? SOme of us enjoy it so back off and play your mm
    And much more of us enjoyed it when it was ranged. We are those who decide, not you.

7+ Year Old Account
    And much more of us enjoyed it when it was ranged. We are those who decide, not you.
    Sorry, no. It's Blizzard who decides, and they decide for it to be melee.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2018-02-21 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Maybe we run into each other because you are spamming every available discussion board with your crap ideas that no one likes? Plus, I wasn't even responding to you in the post you quoted so stop being so self-absorbed.

By the way: to any readers who think I'm being too harsh, here is OP on the official forums calling everyone who disagrees with him "morons":

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=2#post-27
    Not everyone, just you and Carnage.

Both options should be available IMO, which is exactly what they are doing. I think what they ate currently doing will be an amazing opportunity so long as is not nurfed. Surv will be able to do something that no other melee can. And if that would be near full damage while having to do mechanics which make you run out of melee range. Combine that with surv fantastic movement capabilities and you have a fantastic spec.

No no we don't need melee spec. Legion experiment failed miserably. Just revert it to MoP state.
    They won't though so we meleeists won QQ.

Deleted
    Honestly, you wanna make survival fucking awesome?

Disengage gives x dps increase buff and converts melee abilities into ranged or just allows use of ranged abilities in general.

Harpoon gives x dps increase buff and converts melee abilities into ranged or just allows use of melee abilities in general.

Disengage and dps until buff runs out, harpoon and dps until buff runs out.

Boom. Tailor the rest of the spec to that gameplay loop and there you go. It's that fucken easy.

Also give them lone wolf.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2018-02-21 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Honestly, you wanna make survival fucking awesome?

Disengage gives x dps increase buff and converts melee abilities into ranged or just allows use of ranged abilities in general.

Harpoon gives x dps increase buff and converts melee abilities into ranged or just allows use of melee abilities in general.

Boom.

Jump back, fire some arrows, harpoon in, stab a few times.

Rince and repeat.
    Seems pretty arbitrary. On top of that, using utility CDs for DPS means they aren't up when you need the utility.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushsbuddy View Post
    Seems pretty arbitrary. On top of that, using utility CDs for DPS means they aren't up when you need the utility.
    Don't see what's wrong with it tbh, talents would add flavour, I'd say it is about as arbitrary as glorified warrior stances.

Give each two charges but don't allow them to give the buffs if used back to back, and there you go.

And you pseudo give everyone what they want, ranged advocates get a bit of what they're lobbying for, and melee advocates get a bit of what they're lobbying for.

You could even have both harpoon and disengage give third buff, and when that buff reaches 6 you can unleash some kinda super move.

Heyyy look at me doing a better job than you
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2018-02-21 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with it tbh, talents would add flavour, I'd say it is about as arbitrary as glorified warrior stances.

Give each two charges but don't allow them to give the buffs if used back to back, and there you go.

And you pseudo give everyone what they want, ranged advocates get a bit of what they're lobbying for, and melee advocates get a bit of what they're lobbying for.

You could even have both harpoon and disengage give third buff, and when that buff reaches 6 you can unleash some kinda super move.

Heyyy look at me doing a better job than you
    You're saying because we could instead of why we should. Is it fun to move back and forth? I don't know, DH didn't seem to like it but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be fun.

The point of my glorified warrior stances (which is not even close if you understood what I wrote) wasn't arbitrary, it was to give a goal and payoff to building fury that's not RNG based and as susceptible to CC. You have a reason to want to build fury, which costs you focus. Now you want to generate focus in the most efficient way, which also happens to be intuitive and does the most damage. It all flows together nicely.

I'm not saying that a real 50/50 ranged/melee hybrid wouldn't work, I'm just saying tacking on buffs to movement abilities to encourage you to swap is ham fisted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushsbuddy View Post
    Not everyone, just you and Carnage.
    Coming from the person who needs to shit out his thread on every available discussion forum in attempt to get someone to like it. The best part of this is how I got more upvotes than you by just linking the MoP Icy Veins page for Survival. It really goes to show what the community is thinking IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Coming from the person who needs to shit out his thread on every available discussion forum in attempt to get someone to like it. The best part of this is how I got more upvotes than you by just linking the MoP Icy Veins page for Survival. It really goes to show what the community is thinking IMO.
    I stand by my moron comment because of posts like these. Thanks for the bump though.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    The current Alpha version is pretty fun! Should be even better with more haste.
    I see this a lot but I don't understand how it could be more fun that live or my revamp. Alpha has 4 very basic very boring buttons that people seem to be glossing over because it can use said boring buttons at range, sometimes. What is fun about it?

Legion Survival was quite shit for a number of reasons, not least of which was survival having basically zero ranged abilities. BFA survival looks like a massive improvement. Throwing in some ranged abilities, especially bringing back serpent string, and then the changes to Aspect of the Eagle and the gameplay with disengage and harpoon make for some interesting choices. Essentially survival will be the melee class that has the ability to adapt and switch to range where it can use cooldowns to do a lot of burst from there and so on and the use of kill command to generate focus and such sounds great although that build with the kill command bleeds where the damage done is based on how many targets you tab to and kill command looks very whonky and I think they'll have to axe that because it just sounds tedious and not so fun.

Other than that last bit though, looking forward to trying it out. Although I'm probably just going to main marksman on my hunter again because it looks like it's even much more so back in the right direction. But seriously I'm excited to see what they do with survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Legion Survival was quite shit for a number of reasons, not least of which was survival having basically zero ranged abilities. BFA survival looks like a massive improvement. Throwing in some ranged abilities, especially bringing back serpent string, and then the changes to Aspect of the Eagle and the gameplay with disengage and harpoon make for some interesting choices. Essentially survival will be the melee class that has the ability to adapt and switch to range where it can use cooldowns to do a lot of burst from there and so on and the use of kill command to generate focus and such sounds great although that build with the kill command bleeds where the damage done is based on how many targets you tab to and kill command looks very whonky and I think they'll have to axe that because it just sounds tedious and not so fun.

Other than that last bit though, looking forward to trying it out. Although I'm probably just going to main marksman on my hunter again because it looks like it's even much more so back in the right direction. But seriously I'm excited to see what they do with survival.
    I was hyped before the Alpha, but seeing what they've done so far it's been like a ice bath of anti-hype. I just can't get excited for KC/raptor strike spam while keeping SS up, use Bestial Wrath Clone on CD, sometimes at range.

You know what would end the F revamps? Just delete hunter class, as they obviously dont know what to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geran View Post
    You know what would end the F revamps? Just delete hunter class, as they obviously dont know what to do with it.
    I prefer my option :P